Rx300 Turning Radius

rx300mac

Does anyone else think that the turning radius on the rx300 is too big? I sometimes find myself turning it all the way till it stops just to make a left turn. I can't park well either.

Just wanted to know if it was just me

Edited by rx300mac

It's not just you. Our other car is a Volvo 950, and it turns on a dime. Seems the '99 RX300 we have takes twice the width.

U-turns are a breeze with the Volvo, so I really have to watch it with the RX300 or I wind up having to back up halfway through the turn.

lol when im mad and have to make a U-Turn....(and theres not room to do it in one try) i turn the steering wheel all the way and accelerate hard..the car slide into place buetifully.....(srry bout the spelling) haha...just a thought...bad 4 tires...

lol when im mad and have to make a U-Turn....(and theres not room to do it in one try) i turn the steering wheel all the way and accelerate hard..the car slide into place buetifully.....(srry bout the spelling) haha...just a thought...bad 4 tires...

Whatever gets the job done, right! ;)

My guess is that Lexus did this on purpose. Keeps the customer from Kanking it over too far (and fast) and rolling the vehicle.

Does anyone else think that the turning radius on the rx300 is too big? I sometimes find myself turning it all the way till it stops just to make a left turn. I can't park well either.

I traded in my 2000 to get a 2001 with the additional features a 2001 offered such as VSC, bigger gas tank, SS option. etc. The turing radius was not one of those improvements. It remained the same.

I don't know about the RX 330, but my '06 RX 400h has a much improved turning radius compared with my '99 RX 300. The 300 radius is terrible (my biggest complaint about the vehicle). The turning radius on the 400h is great, and not just by comparison.

the turning radius of the first gen RX300 (1999-2003) is about 41 (however they measure it). turning radius of the RX330 is about 34-36. sorry i don't know what kind of measurements they are, but i'm sure about the figures. :P :rolleyes:

the turning radius of the first gen RX300 (1999-2003) is about 41 (however they measure it). turning radius of the RX330 is  about 34-36. sorry i don't know what kind of measurements they are, but i'm sure about the figures.  :P  :rolleyes:

could be degrees? like an "L" is 90 degrees. The smaller the degree, the further the wheel can move.

i used to own an RX300 and it gave me many embarassing moments when i tried to u-turn in an intersection. My rx330 now is much much better, and the dealership told me that a lot of ppl complained about this problem so i guess its good that they fixed it on the newer cars.

You cannot compare a front wheel driven car with a rear wheel drive. The Volvo and the SC are both rear wheel. Then you don't have the linked driving axles. It is usually some 4 ft difference in radius.

PeO.

No it is not you...like the others...i don't know why a company like Lexus allowed this ridiculous turning radius....When i turn the Lexus LS 430 it turns on a dime...I cannot believe the small turning radius on the LS430 and it it alot bigger than my RX 300. I actually HATE the turn of the RX300. but it is a good car and that counts more. good luck, allen

Turning radius is too large on 2001 RX300. It takes awhile to get used to backing up often just to swing into parking spaces, 3 point turns instead of u-turns, etc. Not a terrible prob but something you have to be aware of.