Help A Student Out...

tompal

Hello all...my name is Tom and I attend Fairfield University. I was wondering if you guys could help me out and take a quick survey for me for my marketing project. The survey is about Lexus as a brand. Since the majority of you own a Lexus I thought you input would be very helpful. I'm not trying to spam on your fourm or anthing, but I just thought it would be a good idea to try and see if you fill it out for me. I'm not including the survey yet b/c I want to make sure it was ok to post it first. Thanks in advance...

Hello all...my name is Tom and I attend Fairfield University.  I was wondering if you guys could help me out and take a quick survey for me for my marketing project.  The survey is about Lexus as a brand.  Since the majority of you own a Lexus I thought you input would be very helpful.  I'm not trying to spam on your fourm or anthing, but I just thought it would be a good idea to try and see if you fill it out for me.  I'm not including the survey yet b/c I want to make sure it was ok to post it first.  Thanks in advance...

PM a moderator and ask permission. My 2 cents

Hello all...my name is Tom and I attend Fairfield University.  I was wondering if you guys could help me out and take a quick survey for me for my marketing project.  The survey is about Lexus as a brand.  Since the majority of you own a Lexus I thought you input would be very helpful.  I'm not trying to spam on your fourm or anthing, but I just thought it would be a good idea to try and see if you fill it out for me.  I'm not including the survey yet b/c I want to make sure it was ok to post it first.  Thanks in advance...

PM a moderator and ask permission. My 2 cents

Not a bad idea, if it's OK with him.......I'd be happy to help out! ;)

:cheers:

I tired to PM a mod, but it says i can't use that function. If someone can direct his attention to this thread that would be amazing. If not i'll just wait to later tonight and look at the consensus of the post to see if I'll post it.

I got the Ok to do the survey so here it is...once again I would just like to thank Matt and everyone here...a 1-2 sentence response is appreciated

Name (first name & last initial):

State / Town:

s*x:

Car Make Owned:

1. Are you single or married?

2. If yes to number 1 do you have kids? If so how many?

3. What type of activities do you do for fun in your leisure time?

4. Do you consider your self liberal or conservative?

5. Describe you feelings towards the importance of money v. family?

6. Do you feel that luxurious possessions improve your social status?

7. Please rate the following on a scale of 1-10, 1 being very low, 10 being very high and 5 being average:

Mercedes-Benz:

Quality

Value

Fit/Finish

Performance

Lexus:

Quality

Value

Fit/Finish

Performance

Toyota:

Quality

Value

Fit/Finish

Performance

Acura:

Quality

Value

Fit/Finish

Performance

Audi

Quality

Value

Fit/Finish

Performance

BMW

Quality

Value

Fit/Finish

Performance

8. What do you feel the most important feature in a car is (Price, Safety, and Style etc.) and why?

9. Describe your general feelings toward the Lexus brand?

10. What words come to mind when you think about Lexus and their brand image?

11. How do you view Lexus v. their main competition (BMW, Mercedes, etc.) in quality, value, fit/finish and brand image?

12. What is the main purpose you use your luxury vehicle for? (i.e. work, travel joyriding etc.)

13. If you do not own a Lexus would you consider purchasing one? Why or why not?

14. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being very low/no commitment, 10 being very high and 5 being neutral, please rate your commitment to the Lexus brand.

15. What factors/incidents would cause you to switch brands of cars?

Name: Joshua M.

Place: Fort Worth, Texas

s*x: Male

Car Make Owned: Lexus ES250 (1990), Chrysler Concorde Limited (2002), Ford F-150 XLT (2002)

1. Are you single or married? Single

2. If yes to number 1 do you have kids? If so how many? None

3. What type of activities do you do for fun in your leisure time? Driving, Racing, Fishing, Restoring cars, Spending time wth my dad, Listening to music, Defending My country.

4. Do you consider your self liberal or conservative? a Conservative-Liberal LOL. :lol:

5. Describe you feelings towards the importance of money v. family? Family always comes before money...ALWAYS.

6. Do you feel that luxurious possessions improve your social status? Somewhat.

7. Please rate the following on a scale of 1-10, 1 being very low, 10 being very high and 5 being average:

Mercedes-Benz:

Quality: 6

Value: 3

Fit/Finish: 8

Performance: 6

Lexus:

Quality: 10

Value: 10

Fit/Finish: 9

Performance: 10

Toyota:

Quality: 9

Fit/Finish: 7-8 (For the price onf the lineup and the value, it is excellent, but when compared with a lexus, sub-par)

Performance: 8 (the camry and corolla are underpowered, the camry only in the 4 cylinder version is a dog.)

Acura:

Quality: 8

Value: 7

Fit/Finish: 5

Performance: 7

Audi:

Quality: 4

Value: 4

Fit/Finish: 7

Performance: 8

BMW:

Quality: 3

Value: 2

8. What do you feel the most important feature in a car is (Price, Safety, and Style etc.) and why? SAFTEY. As many accidents as i have been in, its good to have it safe, a close second is relaibility.

9. Describe your general feelings toward the Lexus brand? EXCELLENT CARS.

10. What words come to mind when you think about Lexus and their brand image? Conservative, Understatd Luxury, LESS IS MORE.

11. How do you view Lexus v. their main competition (BMW, Mercedes, etc.) in quality, value, fit/finish and brand image? Lexus, in my opinion takes the cake in all three categories. For instance, the BMW competetor for the LS430, the 7 series, will be well over $100,000 with all the doo dads that the LS430 has fully loaded at $75k. I also love how lexus seems to believbe less is more, the features on the BMW's/Audi's/Mercedes'/ are wayy too comlicated to use while moving. have you ever tried to use the nav system on a 760? its a Pain in the !Removed!.

12. What is the main purpose you use your luxury vehicle for? (i.e. work, travel joyriding etc.) All of the above.

13. If you do not own a Lexus would you consider purchasing one? Why or why not? N/A (I just wrecked mine, i technically still own it, but its totalled, my next one will be a mid-late 90's LS400.)

14. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being very low/no commitment, 10 being very high and 5 being neutral, please rate your commitment to the Lexus brand. 9

15. What factors/incidents would cause you to switch brands of cars? a rediclous price increase on every car, or bad customer service i suppose could. But Lexus is an all around car company, if you dont liek the LS, want similar luxury but a sportier feel, try the GS, if the GS isnt sporty enough, try the IS. If you want a convertible, the SC430 is where you want to be. If you need a large SUV, the LX series is waiting, Mid Size SUV: the GX is here, and if you are looking for an entry level luxury package, the RX or the ES have it.

Name (first name & last initial): Brenden H. (Bren)

State / Town: Toronto, Ontario

s*x: M

Car Make Owned: 2001 Lexus ES 300

1. Are you single or married? Married almost a year now!  :D

2. If yes to number 1 do you have kids? If so how many?  None yet.

3. What type of activities do you do for fun in your leisure time?  Golf, Baseball, Tennis, watch movies, swim, detail the Lexus.  B)

4. Do you consider your self liberal or conservative?  Conservative.

5. Describe you feelings towards the importance of money v. family?  There's nothing more important than Family, not even in the same league as money.

6. Do you feel that luxurious possessions improve your social status?  Somewhat I guess, but I'n not concerned what others think.

Mercedes-Benz:  

Quality  7

Value  2

Fit/Finish 7

Performance  7

Lexus:

Quality  10

Value  8

Fit/Finish  9

Performance  8

Toyota:

Quality  8

Value  9

Fit/Finish  7.5

Performance 7

Acura:

Quality  7

Value  7

Fit/Finish  6

Performance 7.5

Audi

Quality  9

Value  4

Fit/Finish  10

Performance 8

BMW

Quality  7

Value 3

Fit/Finish 7

Performance 9

8. What do you feel the most important feature in a car is (Price, Safety, and Style etc.) and why?   Reliability & safety.  Simply because what good is a Luxury car if it's always in the shop getting fixed? :whistles: 

9. Describe your general feelings toward the Lexus brand?  Luxurious cars that have classy styling with near bulletproof reliability & very high re-sale value.  What's not to like?  B)

10. What words come to mind when you think about Lexus and their brand image?   Army summed that up well & I have to agree.  :)

11. How do you view Lexus v. their main competition (BMW, Mercedes, etc.) in quality, value, fit/finish and brand image?   Lexus trumps the competition in all those categories mentioned & I would buy another one before I even consider the others.

12. What is the main purpose you use your luxury vehicle for? (i.e. work, travel joyriding etc.) Pleasure, driving vacations & back & forth to work.

13. If you do not own a Lexus would you consider purchasing one? Why or why not? N/A

14. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being very low/no commitment, 10 being very high and 5 being neutral, please rate your commitment to the Lexus brand. 10

15. What factors/incidents would cause you to switch brands of cars? If I take care & maintain the car as per Lexus recommendations & the car is constantly giving me grief, then I would consider either another brand or another Lexus......the jury is still out on that.......so far so good however.  OR if the styling of their cars get's rediculous.....think Pontiac Aztec.  B)

Tom, don't forget to share all the results after you complete your project, we would love to see them! ;)

:cheers:

Name (first name & last initial): Trevor T

State / Town: Lincoln, NE

Car Make Owned: 00 Lexus GS300, 01 Ford Focus, 01 Ford Expedition, 69 Mach 1 Mustang

1. Are you single or married? Married

2. If yes to number 1 do you have kids? If so how many? YES, Two (2)

3. What type of activities do you do for fun in your leisure time? Golf, Working on the Stang, playing XBox Live, detailing the GS300, searching for my H1 Hummer.

4. Do you consider your self liberal or conservative? CONSERVATIVE

5. Describe you feelings towards the importance of money v. family? Family comes first allways but Money makes the world go-round.

6. Do you feel that luxurious possessions improve your social status? Yes

Mercedes-Benz:

Quality 4

Value 3

Fit/Finish 4

Performance 3

Lexus:

Quality 10

Value 9

Fit/Finish 10

Performance 9

Toyota:

Quality 5

Value 6

Fit/Finish 6

Performance 6

Acura:

Quality 4

Value 4

Fit/Finish 2

Performance 4

(might aswell buy a honda)

Audi

Quality 9

Value 7

Fit/Finish 8

Performance 8

BMW

Quality 6

Value 7

Fit/Finish 8

Performance 6

8. What do you feel the most important feature in a car is (Price, Safety, and Style etc.) and why? Safety without it you wouldnt be around to drive tomarrow.

9. Describe your general feelings toward the Lexus brand? Grade "A" prime beef!

10. What words come to mind when you think about Lexus and their brand image? Luxury and Resale Value

11. How do you view Lexus v. their main competition (BMW, Mercedes, etc.) in

quality, value, fit/finish and brand image? Two steps ahead of the rest.

12. What is the main purpose you use your luxury vehicle for? (i.e. work, travel joyriding etc.) all of the above

13. If you do not own a Lexus would you consider purchasing one? Why or why not? got one and would buy another.

14. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being very low/no commitment, 10 being very high and 5 being neutral, please rate your commitment to the Lexus brand. 10 Now that I have experience luxury and power like never before the future is forward.

15. What factors/incidents would cause you to switch brands of cars? Lower standards, ie........safety, service, ride quality and performance.

Semper Fidelis!

egalight.gif

I got the Ok to do the survey so here it is...once again I would just like to thank Matt and everyone here...a 1-2 sentence response is appreciated

Name (first name & last initial):Yoji E

State / Town: Travis AFB,CA

s*x:M

Car Make Owned: LS 400, ES300

1. Are you single or married?M

2. If yes to number 1 do you have kids? If so how many?2

3. What type of activities do you do for fun in your leisure time?golf, poker, cars

4. Do you consider your self liberal or conservative? Neither

5. Describe you feelings towards the importance of money v. family? Live within your means, a happy home life is worth a million bucks. Adjusting for inflation, a billion bucks

6. Do you feel that luxurious possessions improve your social status?Absolutely not

Mercedes-Benz:

Quality 8

Value 7

Fit/Finish 8

Performance 9

Lexus:

Quality 9

Value 9

Fit/Finish 10

Performance 9

Toyota:

Quality 8

Value 10

Fit/Finish 10

Performance8

Acura:

Quality 9

Value 9

Fit/Finish 9

Performance 9

Audi

Quality

Value

Fit/Finish

Performance

BMW

Quality 8

Value 8

Fit/Finish 8

Performance10

8. What do you feel the most important feature in a car is (Price, Safety, and Style etc.) and why? Price, buy the best quality car you are willing to pay for.  If you skimp, you will never be happy with the car.

9. Describe your general feelings toward the Lexus brand? Cars are fine, dealer service prices are inflated.

10. What words come to mind when you think about Lexus and their brand image? QRD, Quality, Reliability and Dependability

11. How do you view Lexus v. their main competition (BMW, Mercedes, etc.) in quality, value, fit/finish and brand image?  I dont

12. What is the main purpose you use your luxury vehicle for? (i.e. work, travel joyriding etc.) Joyriding

13. If you do not own a Lexus would you consider purchasing one? Why or why not?

14. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being very low/no commitment, 10 being very high and 5 being neutral, please rate your commitment to the Lexus brand. 1

15. What factors/incidents would cause you to switch brands of cars? A deal you just cant pass up.

Name: Denny M.

Place: Fresno, CA

Car Make Owned: ( this will include the cars my parents have owned here in america since i'm barely driving) 91 Honda Accord, 96 Nissan Quest, 97 Honda Odyssey, 00 Lexus Rx300, 03 Lexus Gx470

3. What type of activities do you do for fun in your leisure time? Driving, family, chat, hanging out with friends, play with electronics

4. Do you consider your self liberal or conservative? neither

5. Describe you feelings towards the importance of money v. family? Family will DEFINITELY come first to me.

6. Do you feel that luxurious possessions improve your social status? A little

Mercedes-Benz:

Quality: 5

Value: 5

Fit/Finish: 6

Lexus:

Toyota:

Performance: 6 (depends on what car)

Acura:

Audi:

BMW:

Fit/Finish: 4

Performance: 9

8. What do you feel the most important feature in a car is (Price, Safety, and Style etc.) and why? Safety features, size, and design

9. Describe your general feelings toward the Lexus brand? The Best Car a guy or woman can ever have!

10. What words come to mind when you think about Lexus and their brand image? Quality, almost perfect, comfort, smooth, quiet cars.

11. How do you view Lexus v. their main competition (BMW, Mercedes, etc.) in quality, value, fit/finish and brand image? I see Lexus as a newbie who has conquered or is up to the level of BMW and Mercedes that have been in the business for awhile now. They make the best quality cars for your money and have been excellent in trying to design and engineer their cars.

12. What is the main purpose you use your luxury vehicle for? (i.e. work, travel joyriding etc.) Travel, school, work (helping dad), the car's my hobby!

13. If you do not own a Lexus would you consider purchasing one? Why or why not? Yes I would consider it, especially that the RX400h has been launched. Lexus here in the Central Valley is very widely owned by many residents. They look great, value is great, quality is almost perfect, and they have overtaken (if not, almost) BMW and Mercedes and they only started almost recently.

14. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being very low/no commitment, 10 being very high and 5 being neutral, please rate your commitment to the Lexus brand. 10

15. What factors/incidents would cause you to switch brands of cars? If quality goes down, I will consider others. If the designs are not so great, will consider other brands. Otherwise, Lexus forever here! ;) B)

Cool survey, good luck with the project.

Name: Steve W.

Place: Gaithersburg, MD

Car Make Owned: Lexus ES300 (2003, leased new recently bought out the lease, now its paid for); 2004 Toyota Prius (purchased new)

1. Are you single or married? Single/Other Commited Relationship

3. What type of activities do you do for fun in your leisure time? Detailing, home improvement (thats a new one LOL), golf, travel, fine dining, cooking.

4. Do you consider your self liberal or conservative? Half and half, leaning towards conservative.

5. Describe you feelings towards the importance of money v. family? Family always has to be more important, but part of my obligation is to provide for my family so that their lives can be as comfortable and rewarding as possible.

6. Do you feel that luxurious possessions improve your social status? Probably, but thats not my motivation beyond what is neccisary for impressing clients.

Mercedes-Benz:

Quality: 6

Lexus:

Quality: 8 (they dont make them like they used to, but still very good)

Value: 9

Fit/Finish: 10

Toyota:

Quality: 7

Value: 8

Acura:

Audi:

BMW:

Quality: 5

8. What do you feel the most important feature in a car is (Price, Safety, and Style etc.) and why? For me its comfort, size (I need a big trunk for trips, and back seat room for clients), and a smooth and quiet ride all wrapped up in a classy package.

9. Describe your general feelings toward the Lexus brand? Very positive, I think Lexus makes some of the best cars on the road, and they have a ride that is unduplicated by anyone. BUT, the quality of the cars and their careful screening of potential problems has dropped somewhat in the past few years, hopefully they wont become content in their complacency and it'll get better.

10. What words come to mind when you think about Lexus and their brand image? Smooth ride, refined, understated elegance.

11. How do you view Lexus v. their main competition (BMW, Mercedes, etc.) in quality, value, fit/finish and brand image? I think they're at the top but the competition has gotten MUCH better. Acuras are an outstanding value today even of they dont have the same panache or prestige and have better quality, BMW and Mercedes have made big strides in lowering pricing (BMW moreso) and improving quality and ergonomics, Audi makes an unbelievable interior that is neck and neck with Lexus in quality. It was a slam dunk in 1998, but not in 2005.

12. What is the main purpose you use your luxury vehicle for? (i.e. work, travel joyriding etc.) Work and travel, I don't really joyride. I enjoy driving and owning my Lexus a lot. It makes so much of life a nicer experience.

13. If you do not own a Lexus would you consider purchasing one? Why or why not? N/A

14. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being very low/no commitment, 10 being very high and 5 being neutral, please rate your commitment to the Lexus brand. 8

15. What factors/incidents would cause you to switch brands of cars? If the decline in product quality control continued and the gap in quality with other brands closed or even flip flopped I could see myself in a BMW, Audi, Benz or even a Cadillac.

Name: Vitaliy F.

Place: Brooklyn, NY

Car Make Owned: Lexus LS400 (1996), Honda Civic VP (2004), Ford Mustang GT (2005), Acura Legend (1991), gettin another civic EX special edition next week

3. What type of activities do you do for fun in your leisure time? Computers, networks, hardware, Linux, workin on cars, building scale models of cars, planes etc.

4. Do you consider your self liberal or conservative? liberal

5. Describe you feelings towards the importance of money v. family? Family first

6. Do you feel that luxurious possessions improve your social status? duh!

Mercedes-Benz:

Performance: 3

Lexus:

Toyota:

Acura:

Audi:

Fit/Finish: 4

BMW:

Fit/Finish: 3

Performance: 3

8. What do you feel the most important feature in a car is (Price, Safety, and Style etc.) and why? Safety, reliability, comfort, perfomance.

9. Describe your general feelings toward the Lexus brand? Lexus is nomero uno!.

10. What words come to mind when you think about Lexus and their brand image? Conservative, Understatd Luxury, smooth drive and nice handling and perfomance .

11. How do you view Lexus v. their main competition (BMW, Mercedes, etc.) in quality, value, fit/finish and brand image? simpity and cheap prices relevant to the prices of the competitor, reliability, ride comfort ismuch better then in the S class mb

12. What is the main purpose you use your luxury vehicle for? (i.e. work, travel joyriding etc.) Its a soul/toy car.

14. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being very low/no commitment, 10 being very high and 5 being neutral, please rate your commitment to the Lexus brand. 9

15. What factors/incidents would cause you to switch brands of cars? a dropdown in quality and becoming a regular brand not a luxury make

Name (first name & last initial): Blake C

State / Town: Louisiana/Ruston

s*x: M

Car Make Owned: 1994 ES300 and 1995 LS400(and 4 others)

1. Are you single or married? S

3. What type of activities do you do for fun in your leisure time? Road trips, play French Horn in my university's Wind Ensemble, watch movies, study, go out with friends, browse LOC.

4. Do you consider your self liberal or conservative? mostly conservative

5. Describe you feelings towards the importance of money v. family? Family is more important, but having financial security makes family life more enjoyable-a Catch 22 of sorts.

6. Do you feel that luxurious possessions improve your social status? Absolutely, that's how social status works.

Mercedes-Benz:

Quality 6

Value 5

Fit/Finish 7

Performance 8

Lexus:

Quality 7.5

Value 9(ES300/330-MCV30 calls a 10 to mind though. just a remarkable value)

Fit/Finish 8.5

Performance 6

Toyota:

Quality 7

Value 8

Fit/Finish 7

Performance 7

Acura:

Quality 6.5

Value 7

Fit/Finish 7

Performance 8

Audi

Quality 6

Value 5

Fit/Finish 8

Performance 8

BMW

Quality 6

Value 5

Fit/Finish 7

Performance 9

8. What do you feel the most important feature in a car is (Price, Safety, and Style etc.) and why? I think style and safety are the two most important features in my cars, and the safety category includes driver comfort which is so very important to me.

9. Describe your general feelings toward the Lexus brand? I would say that Lexus reliability is just a few ticks ahead of the competition, but their value, longevity, and refined powertrains are bar none.

10. What words come to mind when you think about Lexus and their brand image? Conservative, good looking, long lasting, luxurious, non performance oriented.

11. How do you view Lexus v. their main competition (BMW, Mercedes, etc.) in quality, value, fit/finish and brand image? I think Lexus tops in all but brand image. There are certain things that can only be done with a 3 pointed star on the hood-tops in status symbol/brand image is one of them.

12. What is the main purpose you use your luxury vehicle for? (i.e. work, travel joyriding etc.) general use with a lot of emphasis on hwy travel.

13. If you do not own a Lexus would you consider purchasing one? Why or why not? n/a

14. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being very low/no commitment, 10 being very high and 5 being neutral, please rate your commitment to the Lexus brand. 5. I'm only buying another later on because I think the '98-'00 LS is unbelieveably beautiful.

15. What factors/incidents would cause you to switch brands of cars? The factor that would make me switch is better driver comfort; my LS and ES are both subpar in this area...it's subjective, so nothing against Lexus. Also, I wouldn't mind a heavier feel to the ride characteristics of all Lexus models like in MBs. My next car will probably not be a Lexus; I'll be looking at '03+ Lincoln Town Car and MB S500(W140-probably 97-99).

Note: I wish there was a definative explanation of "quality." I sort of factored together material quality and estimated reliability...there are cars out there that are made of really nice materials and not reliable, and vice versa. Also, I'm assuming that "performance" is the same as sporting perfromance(slalom times, g's, 1/4 mile, 0-60, 60-0, etc.) and not performance/convenience in everyday useage....I only ask becasue I'm seeing several people ranking Lexus before BMW in performance; I just can't see that being so.

Name: Andrew V.

Place: South San Francisco, CA

Car Make Owned: 1992 Lexus ES300, 1992 Toyota Camry V6 LE

1. Are you single or married? Single (In a Relationship)

3. What type of activities do you do for fun in your leisure time? Dining, forum browsing, car research (in the market), socializing, television, movies

4. Do you consider your self liberal or conservative? leaning towards conservative (moderate I suppose)

5. Describe you feelings towards the importance of money v. family? Family comes first, but money is needed in life to help support your family.

6. Do you feel that luxurious possessions improve your social status? Yes that's part of what defines social status.

Mercedes-Benz:

Lexus:

Toyota:

Acura:

Audi:

BMW:

8. What do you feel the most important feature in a car is (Price, Safety, and Style etc.) and why? Safety, Comfort, and reliability. Safety because I along with my passengers would like to see tomorrow. Comfort is important because I drive long distances and sometimes with passengers (comfort includes space). Reliability because repairs are expensive.

9. Describe your general feelings toward the Lexus brand? I really like Lexus because of the quality of their vehicles and their elegant styling. Overall positive, but they need to increase their vehicle quality and restore their coveted best of the best customer service to keep me happy.

10. What words come to mind when you think about Lexus and their brand image? Elegance, conservative styling, "relentless pursuit of perfection", reliability

11. How do you view Lexus v. their main competition (BMW, Mercedes, etc.) in quality, value, fit/finish and brand image? Lexus when they first started out, they practically were the top of their league as far as great customer service, reliability, and value. Now though, the competition has learned and now they are uping the ante by now providing good customer service and much better vehicles than before (BMW customer service is rather good now). Lexus is still on top or nearly, but they have to make improvements to stay ahead of the competition.

12. What is the main purpose you use your luxury vehicle for? (i.e. work, travel joyriding etc.) Daily driver, travel, joyriding on occasion, and my sanctuary from the outside world B) .

14. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being very low/no commitment, 10 being very high and 5 being neutral, please rate your commitment to the Lexus brand. 8 (was a 10, but I'm considering another car now)

15. What factors/incidents would cause you to switch brands of cars? Originally I was a Lexus all the way person, but my situation has changed because I'm the market for a CPO midsize luxury sedan (e.g. Lexus GS300, BMW 5series, MB E-Class, etc..), and the 1997-2003 BMW 5series shines out of the bunch for overall driver comfort, sportier driving, styling and it's rather safe too (if only the '98-'05 GS looked as good and handled as well as the 5series). Who knows though, may just get a GS to stay in the family. The only way I'll completely leave Lexus is if the customer service declines, vehicle quality slips, all the cars turn in FWD (don't like FWD, the ES300 is my last FWD car), and if their styling becomes ugly looking like the new BMWs or some Nissan/Infinity models. I most likely would defect to Mercedes Benz (was BMW, but the new ones look too retro for me) since their the most similar to Lexus as far as styling goes.

Name: Wes L.

Place: Germantown, TN

Car Make Owned: 1998 Lexus ES300

1. Are you single or married? Single (In a Relationship)

3. What type of activities do you do for fun in your leisure time? Involved with Campus Crusade for Christ, hang out with my girlfriend, mess with my car, LOC!

4. Do you consider your self liberal or conservative? Definitely Conservative

5. Describe you feelings towards the importance of money v. family? Family all the way. Money is just a "stumbling block", when I get too wrapped up in it I lose sight of what's really important.

6. Do you feel that luxurious possessions improve your social status? Yes, but if that's your goal behind buying luxurious things (improving your social status), your priorities are really messed up.

Mercedes-Benz:

Lexus:

Toyota:

Acura:

Audi:

BMW:

Value: 6

8. What do you feel the most important feature in a car is (Price, Safety, and Style etc.) and why? Safety, reliability, and style. Safety is important for obvious reasons, but I spend a lot of time in the car and want to feel safe. Reliability because I want to drive something I know I can rely on, and something that's not going to be expensive to own. Style, because I want something that looks good for it's age.

9. Describe your general feelings toward the Lexus brand? I really think they offer the best luxury car out of any other brand. They're reliability is un-matched, and they design the best looking cars out on the road.

10. What words come to mind when you think about Lexus and their brand image? Classy, perfection, sexy

11. How do you view Lexus v. their main competition (BMW, Mercedes, etc.) in quality, value, fit/finish and brand image? Lexus really has their own "niche." For the most part, their owners are looking for styling and reliability in a car. If you're looking for a sports car, chances are you won't like Lexus. Quality is like no other competitor. Take for example the first LS. These cars were introduced PERFECT.

12. What is the main purpose you use your luxury vehicle for? (i.e. work, travel joyriding etc.) Driving to school, driving to work (80 miles roundtrip), or driving back home (about twice a month, about 500 miles roundtrip).

15. What factors/incidents would cause you to switch brands of cars? Honestly, if I had to do a major repair on my maticulously maintained car, like transmission or engine, I would be very dissapointed. The only other brand that approaches the reliability of toyota is honda, and they are just uncomfortable, loud cars (even acuras).