Gas Hog?

leot

as of today have 1124 miles on my new

GX. gas milage is 11 in town and 16 when motoring.

Gas is expected to get near $3.00 a gallon (premium) this summer.

I'm glad; it will keep the rifraff off the road. I hope it goes t0 $5.00 a gallon.

I'm glad; it will keep the rifraff off the road.  I hope it goes t0 $5.00 a gallon.

LOL, well aren't we a little bit elitist with our silver spoon?

No offense (although I'm not real concerned about offending you because your comment was so offensive) but thats a pretty ignorant statement. High gas prices are bad for all of us, bad for industry, bad for tourism, bad for travel related businesses, bad for the economy. Just because you can afford the gas doesn't mean you shouldn't care.

Keep that attitude off the LOC please, you're not better than anyone else here.

I'm glad; it will keep the rifraff off the road.  I hope it goes t0 $5.00 a gallon.

No offense (although I'm not real concerned about offending you because your comment was so offensive) but thats a pretty ignorant statement. High gas prices are bad for all of us, bad for industry, bad for tourism, bad for travel related businesses, bad for the economy. Just because you can afford the gas doesn't mean you shouldn't care.

Not so bad if you are in the oil business :D (I'm not :chairshot: ...but my father is!! :cheers: )

getting back to topic, my Gx gives me the standard gas mpg (as stated on the sticker) and am not happy with the current gas prices here in ca!  <_<  :chairshot:

I am a little uncertain what fuel to use, 87 or 91 octane. The owners manual states use 87 but says 91 will give higher performance. I have the 2005 GX. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of this topic?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you'll need to use 91 OCTANE to achieve the ULEVII emissions standards listed in the specifications. If you use any lower OCTANE the vehicle with not be ULEVII compliant.

I'm sorry, I can't remember where I've read this...

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

PS. Whether or not the OCTANE level is a factor for gas miledge is beyond me as my GX is back ordered until the end of March.... :)

I was kidding about the $5.00 gas, but I am permitted any attitude I choose that is not obscene or patently offensive. I grew up without ever having a new pair of shoes till 6th grade so I know riffraff. I am one

leot

as of today have 1124 miles on my new

GX.  gas milage is 11 in town and 16 when motoring.

I personally would not mind if gas was $5 a gallon. It would be better for the environment and force everyone to buy hybrids... hehe I am waiting for my RX400h

i use only 93 octane

Why 93? There may be some small benefit in going from 87 to 91, but there would be none in going from 91 to 93. Most premium gas around here is 91 octane, with a few being 92. The places that sell 93 octane are few and far between.

I was kidding about the $5.00 gas, but I am permitted any attitude I choose that is not obscene or patently offensive. I grew up without ever having a new pair of shoes till 6th grade so I know riffraff. I am one

leot

I reckon when things level out, you can choose between shoes and gas, eh. :lol: