Ls400 - Gold Emblems

wlo0328

• 10 months later...

I think you all are crazy to put gold emblems on unless your car is black. I think they look good on black. On white and other colors, they are wicked ugly. The silver just looks so much better.

I think you all are crazy to put gold emblems on unless your car is black. I think they look good on black. On white and other colors, they are wicked ugly. The silver just looks so much better.

I agree with VB. Not sure about all colors, but my LS400 has the factory gold emblems and grill and I think they look awful on my car considering the color. In fact, I think the color of my car us awful. Not my favorite color at all, but the selection of older LS400s are not that great around here. My car is a dark maroon metallic color, with original brown/dark brown interior. :wacko::rolleyes: :P

I disagree that gold emblems look "wicked ugly" (wicked?) on white Lexi's. My white/gray model looks great with gold trim. I like the fact that only the front grille and a couple of emblems are gold-plus the key area.

I looked into gold trim for the wheel wells, but decided that this was a little excessive. Most black cars I have seen with gold trim, like Camry's, seem to get carried away with gold. Lexus kept it to a minimum-and I like it.

:wacko: Silver is always good, so is gold and black emeril. :rolleyes:

Has anybody tried attaching the black Emeril versions on a white car? Kind of interested in seeing some pictures.

WELL, I just had to come out of the woodwork !!!!!

This is all personal preference, you know----but I liked the GOLD emblems with my Pearl White LS so much that I painted the bottom GOLD and got rid of that ugly dull silver !!!!!! It also had gold pinstripes.

Even replaced the dull trunk lid 'LEXUS' and 'LOGO" gold ones with new gold ones whenever the bottom was painted [the LS400 gold one was OK].

The car also had gold exhaust tips and antenna knob when I bought it (5 yrs) ago!!

Don't have any 'professional' photos to attach, but be assured it looks good and there AINT another like it on the road !!!

CHEERS------ :D

Now if I only had a new gold logo for the grill and wheel caps to replace the dull ones I would be much happier!!!!!

Guess I knid of stirred the pot on that one.

Tan, I totally agree that it is a personal preference. Painting the bottom gold to match makes a huge difference and it does look good. Although I am not a big jewelry wearer, I have always preferred silver to gold. Platnium isn't bad either, I wouldn't mind platnium emblems (is there such a thing?).

UCF, That is a good idea. I Have seen it mentioned somewhere on the site.

Tex, sorry about the wicked, comes from spending too much time in New England as a kid. It IS wicked cold there in the winter.

Thinder, silver all the way.

90, at least I'm not alone out here. I do not like maroon cars much. My mom had one once and since I am the designated waxer, I liked it even less. Maroon looks good only when it is spotlessly clean, and my experience shows it is a lot of work to keep it up. Man, if it fades just a little, oh boy. My Frontier is dark blue, another color I'd never buy again. Looks great only if you wash it several times a week even when it doesn't rain. Forget that! I have always preferred white. I doubt I would have even bought my Lexus if it hadn't been white. I wasn't even looking for a car when I bought it, it just came up.

Fatman, said the page wouln't load? and okay, it's not that bad.

finally know how to reply. i'm new. just now, made some mistake, report a post instead of New Reply..... sorry for the ppl i report to....

My LS rear Emblem was stolen.... lucky.... and till now can't find a original one. all the aftermarket ones are ugly. they all have the white plastic fill in the center.

if anyone know where i can get a silver original one? mine is 94 LS.

thanks

Great--welcome to THE forum.

There should be lots of silver(chrome) emblems available by those replacing them over the years-don't think they would throw away. I have a 'dull' gold one !!!!

Look on e-bay regularly:

http://mpf-search.ebay.com/search/search.d...701277+29061098

might want to do a "search": 'gold emblems' & 'emblems' & 'logos',etc. to find those who have replaced their orig one ; then send them a PM(personal message) about their old one.

Kenaty Writes:

"Agree, gold is not that good looking on other colors....

is there any one know where can i buy the original silver Emblems ? my

back emblem was stolen...... park outside. next morning, only black

holes left... hate ppl doing that....

someday they will hit by a thunderpeal....."

Kenaty:

Please read through the Visitors and New Members Forum for more information on how to use our forum.

Thanks

UCF3

Moderator SC and LS Forums

• 2 weeks later...

hey Tex, that's cool. I teach middle school so very little gets under my skin anyway. I lived it Tulsa for 5 years and I remember what hot was. I think I remember the weather channel posting 116F the last summer I was there.

and yeas, that IS wicked hot.

On the emblems, with people switch to gold, they should be easy to find. I found them cheap on the Interent, sorry I forgot the site.