Getting A Blank Key Cut

Russ White

• 2 months later...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a good master and an uncut master.  Has anyone had success getting a side laser cut done correctly from a working master without going through the dealer?  If so, I would be interested in pricing and locksmith's name and number.

Thanks,

Russ

I am in the same situation... Anyone... HELP please

In a larger city, there should be a locksmith who could cut the key. I was able to find one in Abilene, Texas (much smaller than dallas/ft. worth) that would cut the key for me....only cost about $25.00 (plus the cost of the key I purchased). I would look around in the yellow pages and call the different locksmiths in your area.

In a larger city, there should be a locksmith who could cut the key.  I was able to find one in Abilene, Texas (much smaller than dallas/ft. worth) that would cut the key for me....only cost about $25.00 (plus the cost of the key I purchased).  I would look around in the yellow pages and call the different locksmiths in your area.

So if I buy a blank, uncut key from EBay, program it using instructions and then take it to locksmith to cut it then it should work perfectly as my original key?

As long as you have a master key (one of the big ones with the remote built into the key) that works, you will be able to program and cut the new key...and yes, it should work just fine. My key got lost (wife leaves keys on top of the roof all the time) but we still had another master key.....hers. I bought an uncut key off of ebay and had it cut....programmed it...works perfectly. You can also go to www.lexus-parts.com and buy a "shell" for a new lexus key. It includes an uncut key, but the plastic part of the key is only a shell. You can take the remote unit out of your current key and put it inside of the new shell and it should work great. My "new" lexus key has already cracked (the plastic housing) and I am considering this option. I hear the plastic housing on the keys sold at lexus-parts.com are much stronger and will resist cracking. Hope this makes sense

Guy and Gals,

I eventually answered my own question... I was unable in a city the size of Knoxville TN to find anyone to cut the key besides the dealer. The one locksmith that said they could had their machine break the next day. They wanted $50 and I was going to pay that, but when that fell through I continue looking. Below I have listed two posibilities. The first is a private locksmith, and is the one I used to have may blank cut. They did a great job and the programming went without a hitch and my key works perfectly. They were good with email and even offered help with programming if needed, but thanks to this site, I had that covered. The second is a Lexus dealer and their replay came after I had already commited to Frank's Locksmith. It looks like their price is even better - so if I need another I may try them. I also accumulated several posting on the programming portion and combined them into a file. I anyone needs that I would be glad to email it to you.

Russ,

We can cut the key for you for $25.00. I can send it back to you priority

mail plus insurance for $5.00.

If you would like us to cut it, you can send it to:

Frank's Locksmith

956 N. Cocoa Blvd. #1105

Cocoa, FL 32922

If you plan on sending it let me know so I can keep an eye out for it.

Sincerely,

Tami Calhoun

Frank's Locksmith

$10 for each key and $8.75 for shipping back to you.

Should you have any further questions in the meantime, please feel free

to contact me directly. Thank you for your time.

With best regards,

Darrel Diller

Sewell Lexus of Dallas

www.lexus-parts.com

6421 Lemmon Avenue

Dallas, TX 75209

(866) 770-3099 ext: 2826

(214) 353-2826

(214) 350-5398 Fax

ddiller@sewell.com

Russ White

• 3 weeks later...

How did you get them cut for free? I was told by the dealer that you need to buy a key from them and I was also told from someone else that if you buy a key from ebay, make sure it's the right one. How do you tell?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

In a larger city, there should be a locksmith who could cut the key. I was able to find one in Abilene, Texas (much smaller than dallas/ft. worth) that would cut the key for me....only cost about $25.00 (plus the cost of the key I purchased). I would look around in the yellow pages and call the different locksmiths in your area.

what locksmith did you go to, and did you buy the key from them or on ebay?

• 1 year later...

I bought an 05 RX330 this summer and only got 1 master key. I bought two extras on e-bay and had a local locksmith cut them...they laughed when I asked if they had a"laser cutter"...no laser involved...just a certain type of machine...$2 per key...I got the programming instructions and tried it...did not work...I then found out that only a Toyota/Lexus dealer can program keys for an RX330...the local Toyota dealer programmed them for $20 each...and even they had trouble getting the program right...

• 1 month later...

Keys are very difficult to explain/understsand for these cars. If anyone has any questions about anything to do with Lexus keys I will do my best to answer them. I'm at a Lexus Dealer and have to deal with this headache on a daily basis. PM me.:wacko:

Can you please send me a PM, I just joined this site and it appears that I am still unable to send PM's..........I am also from WI (MKE area) and have a few questions that I am guessing you can help me out with. Thanks a lot. :cheers:

Keys are very difficult to explain/understsand for these cars. If anyone has any questions about anything to do with Lexus keys I will do my best to answer them. I'm at a Lexus Dealer and have to deal with this headache on a daily basis. PM me.:wacko:

Can you please send me a PM, I just joined this site and it appears that I am still unable to send PM's..........I am also from WI (MKE area) and have a few questions that I am guessing you can help me out with. Thanks a lot. :cheers:

I'm not able to PM you. You'll have to send me an email.

Can you please send me a PM, I just joined this site and it appears that I am still unable to send PM's..........I am also from WI (MKE area) and have a few questions that I am guessing you can help me out with. Thanks a lot.:cheers:

I tried sending an email yesterday, but it got sent back (apparently your box was full). I tried again today. Please let me know if you get it. Thanks.

Pat

EDIT:

Can you please give me another email to send it to? I tried sending it to info@lexuspartsmall.com and it keeps getting sent back (user over quota)....thanks a lot. Otherwise, please send me an email......... pnthr30@hotmail.com

I have a good master and an uncut master. Has anyone had success getting a side laser cut done correctly from a working master without going through the dealer? If so, I would be interested in pricing and locksmith's name and number.

Thanks,

Russ

Dealer wanted over $200.00 for a programmed key.Bought one off E-BAY ( 2003 Ls 430) for $40.00.Came with programming instructions.Called local locksmiths and found one that could cut key for $10.00.Every car comes origanaly with 2 programmed keys.Your car will accept only 4 programmed keys total.It will not let you self program a fifth key if 4 have already been programmed.Believe the programming instructions are very simple.

Can you please send me a PM, I just joined this site and it appears that I am still unable to send PM's..........I am also from WI (MKE area) and have a few questions that I am guessing you can help me out with. Thanks a lot.:cheers:

I tried sending an email yesterday, but it got sent back (apparently your box was full). I tried again today. Please let me know if you get it. Thanks.

Pat

EDIT:

Can you please give me another email to send it to? I tried sending it to info@lexuspartsmall.com and it keeps getting sent back (user over quota)....thanks a lot. Otherwise, please send me an email......... pnthr30@hotmail.com

Try this one: Terryb@safro.com

Pat

EDIT:

Try this one: Terryb@safro.com

Done, let me know if you get it.

The dealer here wanted $250 for a master key with remote, no way I'd pay that.

What i ended up doing was purchase 2 blank keys with the built-in remote off ebay for $60. I called tons of local locksmiths but only select few had the equipment to cut the lexus key. they wanted $70 per key and that was even w/o programming it.

So I called the local dealer in Raleigh, they said they will cut and program the key for $25. I was in shock... hehe

So it ended up cosing me $107 after taxes and labor to cut and program 2 master remote-keys. I'm happy, keys work great. Saved at least $300.

• 2 weeks later...
$10 for each key and $8.75 for shipping back to you.

Should you have any further questions in the meantime, please feel free

to contact me directly. Thank you for your time.

With best regards,

Darrel Diller

Sewell Lexus of Dallas

www.lexus-parts.com

6421 Lemmon Avenue

Dallas, TX 75209

(866) 770-3099 ext: 2826

(214) 353-2826

(214) 350-5398 Fax

ddiller@sewell.com

Russ White

i am stuck with just one master key left fro my rx 330 and i need more b4 i break/loose it. can you please send me the programming instructions. mahwashnayyer@hotmail.com . the sewell lexus site is offering masterkeys already cut to VIN numbers at 186$. did you get a better deal for it?

Thanks for the advise above and forthcoming :)

Mahwash