Getting A Blank Key Cut

Russ White

Keys are very difficult to explain/understsand for these cars. If anyone has any questions about anything to do with Lexus keys I will do my best to answer them. I'm at a Lexus Dealer and have to deal with this headache on a daily basis. PM me.:wacko:

Try this one: Terryb@safro.com

Can you please send me the instructions for programming the key for a RX 330. mahwashnayyer@hotmail.com .

I am at my last master key and need two more keys badly. I am palnning on ordering cut-to-VIN keys from Sewell Lexus.. do you have other recommendations?

Thanks

mahwash

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang....I knew I should have shopped around. This summer I bought my 04 RX330 and only had it for a few days before I had to turn it in for shipping overseas. The dealer only gave me one key, but said he had the others "somewhere". The day before I had to give the car to the shipping company, the dealer told me they couldn't find the keys and I'd have to pay to have new ones made. I drove over there and gave him my master, and they made one more master and one valet key....and charged $420. Wish I had found this forum sooner...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Called the Sewell Lexus. They did use to cut keys until they received "steel" fake lexus keys that broke their key cutting equipment. Also at Frank's Locksmith (mentioned earlier in post), a similar warning is posted:

WE DO NOT CUT FAKE CHINESE IMPORT LEXUS LOGO KEYS. IF YOU BOUGHT YOUR KEYS ON EBAY AND THEY THEY ARE MORE THAN LIKELY FAKE CHINESE LEXUS LOGO KEYS. IF YOUR UNCUT KEY HAS A LEXUS LOGO WHETHER THEY ARE FAKE OR GENUINE LEXUS LOGO KEYS PLEASE CALL BEFORE SHIPPING US YOUR KEYS. US WILL BE RETURNED UNCUT AND YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE RETURN SHIPPING.

So, it's possible Ebay may not be a good source for keys any more. How to be able to tell genuine from not? More info to come if I can find it.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a good master and an uncut master. Has anyone had success getting a side laser cut done correctly from a working master without going through the dealer? If so, I would be interested in pricing and locksmith's name and number.

Thanks,

Russ

Go to the Car openers. they are great. they cut my master key and my wallet key for me. You have to take a photgraph of your key or give your key code.

it takes like 5 days. mind you i live in canada. prolly fasteri f you live in usa.

Terence

• 3 weeks later...
I have a good master and an uncut master. Has anyone had success getting a side laser cut done correctly from a working master without going through the dealer? If so, I would be interested in pricing and locksmith's name and number.

Thanks,

Russ

Go to the Car openers. they are great. they cut my master key and my wallet key for me. You have to take a photgraph of your key or give your key code.

it takes like 5 days. mind you i live in canada. prolly fasteri f you live in usa.

Terence

Can someone give me the name of an ebay seller who has these blank keys with transmitter , that you'v delt with before..

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks,

Russ

Terence

Can someone give me the name of an ebay seller who has these blank keys with transmitter , that you'v delt with before..

This isn't the ebay seller you asked for but they do have a decent deal. You can get a replacement shell and blade cut to your key code for $40. You just need to put your electronics into it and you are good to go. Or if you need the new electronics also it's $145 complete.

http://www.toy-lex.com/store/index.php?act...at&catId=24

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks,

Russ

Terence

This isn't the ebay seller you asked for but they do have a decent deal. You can get a replacement shell and blade cut to your key code for $40. You just need to put your electronics into it and you are good to go. Or if you need the new electronics also it's $145 complete.
http://www.toy-lex.com/store/index.php?act...at&catId=24

www.toy-lex.com seems to be no longer active. I filled out their form from the above website for cutting 2 RX300 keys and mailed my uncut keys via USPS with my car key code on April 29, 2008. After more than 1 month, the USPS mail with my keys came back today, May 31, 2008. The post office could not deliver the envelope to the address.... They did not respose to my multiple e-mails, nor did they respond to my repeated phone calls. FYI.

Keys are very difficult to explain/understsand for these cars. If anyone has any questions about anything to do with Lexus keys I will do my best to answer them. I'm at a Lexus Dealer and have to deal with this headache on a daily basis. PM me. :wacko:

I live in Delafield and just bought a 2000 rx300. I need to get a key cut. I found a locksmith on Greenfield that can cut and program it for $90. I was thinking about getting one on ebay for $20, have him cut it and I have instructions on programming a 98es300 witha bunch of steps about stepping on brake and gas pedal stuff. Is this the same programming instructions for the rx300? I look forward to your reply. Thanks much.

Mark

• 1 year later...
Guy and Gals,

I eventually answered my own question... I was unable in a city the size of Knoxville TN to find anyone to cut the key besides the dealer. The one locksmith that said they could had their machine break the next day. They wanted $50 and I was going to pay that, but when that fell through I continue looking. Below I have listed two posibilities. The first is a private locksmith, and is the one I used to have may blank cut. They did a great job and the programming went without a hitch and my key works perfectly. They were good with email and even offered help with programming if needed, but thanks to this site, I had that covered. The second is a Lexus dealer and their replay came after I had already commited to Frank's Locksmith. It looks like their price is even better - so if I need another I may try them. I also accumulated several posting on the programming portion and combined them into a file. I anyone needs that I would be glad to email it to you.

Russ,

We can cut the key for you for $25.00. I can send it back to you priority

mail plus insurance for $5.00.

If you would like us to cut it, you can send it to:

Frank's Locksmith

956 N. Cocoa Blvd. #1105

Cocoa, FL 32922

If you plan on sending it let me know so I can keep an eye out for it.

Sincerely,

Tami Calhoun

Frank's Locksmith

$10 for each key and $8.75 for shipping back to you.

Should you have any further questions in the meantime, please feel free

to contact me directly. Thank you for your time.

With best regards,

Darrel Diller

Sewell Lexus of Dallas

www.lexus-parts.com

6421 Lemmon Avenue

Dallas, TX 75209

(866) 770-3099 ext: 2826

(214) 353-2826

(214) 350-5398 Fax

ddiller@sewell.com

Russ White

By Reading, already sending strong impression, Swell will have all my business from now...

8/29/09 called Park Place Lexus, Grapevine TX, service guy refuse to cut the key and saying cut only the store purchased not for online purchase. ????

Told me same story about broke machine due some excused reason...

Paul

I just went through this. Someone posted a source for cheap Lexus uncut keys ($3.44 ea including shipping) but before ordering I called around and found that I could not get them cut locally at any price. The best deal I have found so far is at Rocket Keys on ebay motors. 2 key shells with cutting for only $39.99 including shipping.

Franks locksmith from the posts above, who later became www.toy-lex.com is now out of business. Website is up and still taking orders but no product is being shipped and all phone lines have been disconnected.

• 2 weeks later...
I just went through this. Someone posted a source for cheap Lexus uncut keys ($3.44 ea including shipping) but before ordering I called around and found that I could not get them cut locally at any price. The best deal I have found so far is at Rocket Keys on ebay motors. 2 key shells with cutting for only $39.99 including shipping.

Franks locksmith from the posts above, who later became www.toy-lex.com is now out of business. Website is up and still taking orders but no product is being shipped and all phone lines have been disconnected.

Thanks for the update. I am also looking for someone to cut a blank keyblade for my Lexus ES350. Can you send the link to Rocket Keys on Ebay Motors. I could not find it on Ebay Motors.

Thanks for the update. I am also looking for someone to cut a blank keyblade for my Lexus ES350. Can you send the link to Rocket Keys on Ebay Motors. I could not find it on Ebay Motors.

Here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-Key-R...0QQcmdZViewItem

That's disappointing about Toy-Lex, I used them as recently as Nov '08 to get keys cut for my 2000 RX300. I bought my car used and only got the valet key with the car. I sent Toy-Lex the ECM and they were able to cut and program new master keys for me, and turnaround including shipping was less than a week. I paid a lot because I didn't already have a master to copy, but it was worth it to me to get that and a lot cheaper than going to the dealer.

Also note the posts above stating Toy-Lex is out of business are dated Apr/May 08 and I used them with no problem in Nov 08.

Might be worth a try to call or email to verify their status.

• 3 weeks later...
That's disappointing about Toy-Lex, I used them as recently as Nov '08 to get keys cut for my 2000 RX300. I bought my car used and only got the valet key with the car. I sent Toy-Lex the ECM and they were able to cut and program new master keys for me, and turnaround including shipping was less than a week. I paid a lot because I didn't already have a master to copy, but it was worth it to me to get that and a lot cheaper than going to the dealer.

Also note the posts above stating Toy-Lex is out of business are dated Apr/May 08 and I used them with no problem in Nov 08.

Might be worth a try to call or email to verify their status.

Stay away from Toy-Lex.com!

I sent 2 keys to be cut. No response. Telephone calls go to a locksmith company that claims to be unrelated. No way to get keys back. If truly out of business, they should have closed the web page.

On the webpage it has this "To My Valued Customers

I would like to thank you for your support and your patience with me during the last 6 months. I have been dealing with and recovering from a very serious illness which has left me unavailable to answer calls and emails in a timely manner. I am now strong enough to return to work full time beginning Monday 9/8/08. If you would like to know more about Guillain-Barre Syndrome you can read more about it at the GBS Foundation."

It would be my guess that either they are out of business, or dealing with some medical issues right now.

On the webpage it has this "To My Valued Customers

I would like to thank you for your support and your patience with me during the last 6 months. I have been dealing with and recovering from a very serious illness which has left me unavailable to answer calls and emails in a timely manner. I am now strong enough to return to work full time beginning Monday 9/8/08. If you would like to know more about Guillain-Barre Syndrome you can read more about it at the GBS Foundation."

It would be my guess that either they are out of business, or dealing with some medical issues right now.

I mailed keys to them on August 12. Just today I got them back in the sealed envelope. The envelope was marked "Business Closed Returned to Sender"

Time to find somewhere else to have the keys cut - I just sent an e-mail to Sewell Lexus to see what they would charge for just the cutting...

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Russ: Could you send those programming instructions over to me. I need to get a key programmed and cut. thanks, Brad

jusduky@gmail.com

Guy and Gals,

I eventually answered my own question... I was unable in a city the size of Knoxville TN to find anyone to cut the key besides the dealer. The one locksmith that said they could had their machine break the next day. They wanted $50 and I was going to pay that, but when that fell through I continue looking. Below I have listed two posibilities. The first is a private locksmith, and is the one I used to have may blank cut. They did a great job and the programming went without a hitch and my key works perfectly. They were good with email and even offered help with programming if needed, but thanks to this site, I had that covered. The second is a Lexus dealer and their replay came after I had already commited to Frank's Locksmith. It looks like their price is even better - so if I need another I may try them. I also accumulated several posting on the programming portion and combined them into a file. I anyone needs that I would be glad to email it to you.

Russ,

We can cut the key for you for $25.00. I can send it back to you priority

mail plus insurance for $5.00.

If you would like us to cut it, you can send it to:

Frank's Locksmith

956 N. Cocoa Blvd. #1105

Cocoa, FL 32922

If you plan on sending it let me know so I can keep an eye out for it.

Sincerely,

Tami Calhoun

Frank's Locksmith

$10 for each key and $8.75 for shipping back to you.

Should you have any further questions in the meantime, please feel free

to contact me directly. Thank you for your time.

With best regards,

Darrel Diller

Sewell Lexus of Dallas

www.lexus-parts.com

6421 Lemmon Avenue

Dallas, TX 75209

(866) 770-3099 ext: 2826

(214) 353-2826

(214) 350-5398 Fax

ddiller@sewell.com

Russ White