I Wrecked

td1166

ok so i have a 94 es 300 and last friday i was picking my brother up from his friends house. It was raining hard and had been all day we were driving home and i hit a puddle and hydroplanned inton a telephone pull. We hit the pull head on we were ok and so was the poll. I had the car towed to my house. So i go to move it into the garage today and fluid starts leaking out its red and smells like tranny fluid. I checked it and its were it should be when the car was cool which it was. so then i check the rad fluid tthere was very little in there i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas about this or any way to test it. Ill have pics up later tonight.

its a 94 both fenders and all the lights are fine the rad and ac condensor are toast so is the bumber and bumber reinforcement and hood not too much else is messed up except the rad suport which will need pulled and its bent right in the middle both sides where it meets the fenders are fine and in the right angle

I am merging this and the thread you posted with the pics to make it easier.

I am with SW, it will most likely be totalled if the value of the car is less than the total of the repair.

the red fluid is most likely Toyota Long Life Coolant. (it is red too.

steviej

I would say the rad is leaking and the tranny cooler which is a thin line at the bottom ruptred also,DO NOT try and drive the car or you will need a tranny as well.

Their is a guy looking for a 94 and up ES for $3000 with the damage it should be worth that.

You need

hood 250

grille 100

rad 250

bumper cover 300

rebar 250

possible rad suport as tehy are weak not sure about 450

foglights? 350

lower grille 80

lots of misc parts like shrouds under the rad and bumper about $1000 for them alone.

Buy a jdm front clip for about $1000 with hood headlights bumpers (no rebar, may even find one in the same colour already so no painting needed.

We have the technology to rebuild him....

You're almost certainly looking at a total loss as far as the insurance perspective. I would say that parts would run @ $3500 - $4500 (it's hard to tell everything from the pics alone). Add paint and labor to that and you're at about the selling price for a another one.

I know that we get attached to our cars, but you should be glad if they total it (assuming you're not backwards in your payments or anything). Personally, I wouldn't want to drive my car again if it looked anything close to that. No matter how good the rebuild is, it would never be the same to me.

Part it out on eBay and at least you can pay your deductible.

Looks like an $8,000 estimate to me. :chairshot:

Given the numbers in the $8 - 10 K range (which is pretty close to where I'd have put it), I'd call it a total loss. The car's probably not going to be worth that much once you repair it.

Not to mention, of course, that there could be other hidden damage. Are you sure the frame isn't bent, for example?

If you file an insurance claim, they're going to take the car. If you don't file a claim, you can keep the car and sell it for parts. That will help to offset the losses, anyway.

However, your best bet is to get an expert estimate. Even though some of the people here have far more experience than I, you really need to see the car up close to give an estimate that's any good.

ok im sorry the pics are so hard to see both foglights are still in tact and the airbags didnt go off the windsheild is fine and so is the main part of the frame. The rad support will need either pulled or replaced. I think im going to have a body shop fix the radiator support and any small problems then just buy the parts from a local salvage yard and replace them myself. After the rad is pulled and replaced i will only need a bumper bumper cover hood and grills so i think i can make it happen let me know what you think

ok im sorry the pics are so hard to see both foglights are still in tact and the airbags didnt go off the windsheild is fine and so is the main part of the frame. The rad support will need either pulled or replaced. I think im going to have a body shop fix the radiator support and any small problems then just buy the parts from a local salvage yard and replace them myself. After the rad is pulled and replaced i will only need a bumper bumper cover hood and grills so i think i can make it happen let me know what you think

If you can do all that yourself, you don't really need anyone here to help.

Just see if the total cost is less than the value of the car (after allowing for the price you can get for parts on eBay, if you wish).

Add in a correction factor for the value of your time as well as to allow for the risk that you'll find more damage once you start working on it.

At the very least, I'd have the body shop spec the frame to ensure that there was no frame damage before you spend a penny on everything else.

yes i plan to have a body shop look at the frame thanks for everyones help believe it or not you eased my mind and yes not paying the extra for full coverage is a big mistake but im only 17 with a part time job its hard to have it all

dude, i just had a smimlar situation with my old car, a 1995 ford contour.

damage totalled $5500. my airbags did go off (i cant believe yours didnt!!!)

DCP02030.jpg

DCP02031.jpg

DCP02029.jpg

DCP02037.jpg

DCP02053.jpg

DCP02052.jpg

when my airbags deployed, it sent a crack across my dash from pass side to drivers side, under the vinyl covering. the car was worth approx $2,000 before i wrecked it. i had over $3,000 in mods. so it was a $5,000 car. it had a 1 year old coat of paint on it too...oooooo i was *BLEEP*ed.

anyway, glad to see you are ok. depending on prices for the lex....since you still have your bags i woudl say between 2000-3000 w/ paint. a body shop here quoted me 850 to pull my core supports straight and drop a radiator in.