Cd Changer Conversion Cables

i read somewhere you can buy conversion wires for lexus vehicles. this is for the prewired ones like my 96 es300. i want to put in an aftermarket but i want to control from the factory deck becuase i dont want another control sitting there. i dont want to buy a used one becuase i had nuting but trouble wit my old used one. my parents both aftermarket changers for over 3 years and they work fine. i am only in hgh school so please help me out. well i was wondering if these work and where i can find them. please let me know. thanks

sorry for the news but that pioneer adapter from autotoys is for converting 1 pioneer aftermarket operating mbus systerm to another pioneer aftermarket pbus system . it has nothing to do with oem conversion. the 1996 es300 cd changer is the best cd changer ever made. it was made in japan and listed for 1300.00 when new. and i dont know of any not still working unless an accident or water damge in the trunk caused a problem. it plays cdr s prefectly and never skips. all the sc owners are switching to them because they are such a great cd changer. how could a 150.00 pioneer aftermarket cd changer made in malaysia be better? by the way pioneer in japan made the es300 cd changer not the malaysia division. if people you know had trouble with lexus changers than they were the sc 12 disc by panasonic., the gs 12 disc by fujitsu. the indash 6 disc 98 to 2000 lx changer by fujitsu was the worse of all. the 2001 is300 indash 6 disc only slightly better cd changer. but the best of all was the 1996 es300 cd changer lastly there is no aftermarket changer that can work directly on the es300 headunit only fm modulated which does not turn on the amp to full fidelty because it thinks fm is playing and stays on low fidelity.

it is not that i actually had a problem with the oem cd changer. it worked fine on my 94es but when i bought my 96 it didnt have a changer. it got stolen from the previous owner. i bought a USED one that stopped working after 2 weeks. i had spent like $180. so dat is y i dont want a used changer unless it has a warranty.

that is my point in saying the 1996 changer was a the ultimate lexus first generation cd changer. i didnt mean the 92 to 96 es300 cd changer was the best i meant the 1996 was the bast. pioneer worked out all the problems by then. the door and circuit boards cannot be interchanged betweeen the early and late changers they had to do such an overhaul of the early changer. . .so you need to buy a used one from a 1995 or 96. the 92 93 es300 changer had many bugs. the good changers have the date and month ink stamped at the bottom of the serial number id. . the bad changers start with serial letter m and n. the year code for the changer serial number first letter is. m 1992 , n 1993, 0 1994. p 1995 q 1996 numbers. i am sure you bought a 92 or 93 changer with a bad laser or motor........................................................................................ so next time ask for the first letter of the serial number. even if out of a 96 a 92 changer could have ended up in it. i sell perfect used 96 changers for 250.00................................................................................. i would give you some trade in on a broken 1992. better if it is a 95 or 96 but i highly doubt ther one you bought is one of the better ones. i give 1 year on used and 5 years on the new one. i still have a brand new 1996 es300 cd changer for 450.00 . it was made in may of 1996 which was the last month of production . the es300 went to the glovebox changer in 1997 which is incompatrible with the 92 to 96 es 300 radio. . they retailed for 1300.00 when they were still available in 1997 the last year they were avaiilable new.. now all the dealer has is refurbished for 500.00 which means a broken changer that was fixed.a good used 96 changer is better than the dealers refurbs. the dealers call their refurbed changers "new" but trust me they havent had a new one to sell in many years. the dealerr changers arnt new just broken and fixed. my new one is really new. it has never been installed in a vehicle and never has played a cd although i would test it before selling it .

that is my point in saying the 1996 changer was a the ultimate lexus first generation cd changer. i didnt mean the 92 to 96 es300 cd changer was the best i meant the 1996 was the bast. pioneer worked out all the problems by then. the door and circuit boards cannot be interchanged betweeen the early and late changers they had to do such an overhaul of the early changer. . .so you need to buy a used one from a 1995 or 96. the 92 93 es300 changer had many bugs. the good changers have the date and month ink stamped at the bottom of  the serial number id. . the bad changers  start with serial letter m and n. the year code for the changer serial number first letter is. m 1992 , n 1993, 0 1994. p 1995 q 1996 numbers. i am sure you bought a 92 or 93 changer with a bad laser or motor........................................................................................ so next time ask for the first letter of the serial number. even if out of a 96 a 92 changer could have ended up in it. i sell perfect used 96 changers for 250.00................................................................................. i would give you some trade in on a broken 1992. better if it is a 95 or 96 but i highly doubt ther one you bought is one of the better ones. i give 1 year on used and 5 years on the new one. i still have a brand new 1996 es300 cd changer for 450.00 . it was made in may of 1996 which was the last month of production . the es300 went to the glovebox changer in 1997 which is incompatrible with the 92 to 96 es 300 radio. . they retailed for 1300.00 when they were still available in 1997 the last year they were avaiilable new.. now all the dealer has is refurbished for 500.00  which means a broken changer that was fixed.a good used 96 changer is better than the dealers refurbs.  the dealers call their refurbed changers "new" but trust me they havent had a new one to sell in many years. the dealerr changers  arnt new just broken and fixed. my new one is really new. it has never been installed in a vehicle and never has played a cd although i would test it before selling it .

PIONEERSUBY, can you email me at skelley@gru.net? I would like to get one of your 1996 6-pack CD changers. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
sorry for the news but that pioneer adapter from autotoys is for converting 1 pioneer aftermarket operating mbus systerm to another pioneer aftermarket pbus system . it has nothing to do with oem conversion. the 1996 es300 cd changer is the best cd changer ever made. it was made in japan and listed for 1300.00 when new. and i dont know of any not still working unless an accident or water damge in the trunk caused a problem. it plays cdr s prefectly and never skips. all the sc owners are switching to them because they are such a great cd changer. how could a 150.00 pioneer aftermarket cd changer made in malaysia be better? by the way pioneer in japan made the es300 cd changer not the malaysia division. if people you know had trouble with lexus changers than they were the sc 12 disc by panasonic., the gs 12 disc by fujitsu. the indash 6 disc 98 to 2000 lx changer by fujitsu was the worse of all. the 2001 is300 indash 6 disc only slightly better cd changer. but the best of all was the 1996 es300 cd changer lastly there is no aftermarket changer that can work directly on the es300 headunit only fm modulated which does not turn on the amp to full fidelty because it thinks fm is playing and stays on low fidelity.

pioneersuby.....you sound like you know a lot about the lexus cd changers. i have a 1996 ES300 and was wondering if a 1995 or 1996 GS300 12 disk cd changer would be compatible in my ES300. i got the changer for free so i'm hoping that it'll work. if possible, maybe you could send an email to me at erlskeee@aol.com. thanks.

HMM my old changer form my 94 that sits in basment has a oct 93 date and is a cdx-M9071zt

I guessed it would have had an O not an N but i guess it is on MAN date not vehicle date

Luckly i never had a problem with skipping or cd-r's but i know my cousins 92-and 93 did

The 94-96 es changer kicks a$$. Great unit tha loads ultr fast and hardly ever skips. Best of all plays cd-r's. Throw those 12 disc in the garbage they are terrible. Any one need one i have an extra for sale i bought off PIONEERSUBY. (By the way he is great seller).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
HMM my old changer form my 94 that sits in basment has a oct 93 date and is a cdx-M9071zt

I guessed it would have had an O not an N but i guess it is on MAN date not vehicle date

Luckly i never had a problem with skipping or cd-r's but i know my cousins 92-and 93 did

I would be interested.

;)

HMM my old changer form my 94 The 94-96 es changer kicks a$$. Great unit tha loads ultr fast and hardly ever skips. Best of all plays cd-r's. Throw those 12 disc in the garbage they are terrible. Any one need one i have an extra for sale i bought off PIONEERSUBY. (By the way he is great seller).

Sorry, but I have to disagree. The changer will break in time because of the very fragile piece of plastic that pushes the CD into the player. I just bought a used one in mint condition (56k miles), and that plastic piece is so flimsy. It is about 1mm thick and it will weaken more and more as you load CDs. Each time you load a CD, it stresses this piece of plastic about 2 to 5 psi (rough guesstimate). The unloading part is THICK plastic so it will NEVER break. But the loading part is almost like a Catholic communion made of plastic.. Mine broke off during a cold spell here in Ontario while loading. I was so upset that they could make such a weak spot in an otherwise a great player. The part can be replaced but nobody sells them or wants to. Just remember that your next CD change is a risk especially during winter when the plastic is cold/brittle and you live in a high ozone area...like I said (TFFP) Timed Failure For Profit. ;)