95 Ls400 Horn Is Not Working - Help

srgilbert

Hi,

I'm sure someone can help me through this. Last night one of the local deamons propped a stick between the steering wheel and the headrest - yep the horn does nto work anymore. I looked at the white fuse box under the dash and did not see anything for the horn. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

i'm pretty sure there is a fuse for the horn in the kick panel fuse box. my 94 has a diagram in the owners manual that tells you which fuse is for which device.

sk is right too. there's another fuse in the fuse box on the driver's side under the hood. i also think it's one of those large square fuses. good luck.

:cheers:

Actually "deamons" means kids in the neighborhood that get a kick out of blowing the horn at 2AM.... I'll look at the fuse box in te AM under the hood. ANy way to test these or to determine which is the horn?

Thanks

excellent pics my ls430!

srgilbert: are you asking which fuse(s) is linked to the horn? there is a diagram in your owners manual, the engine compartment fuse box cover has a diagram on the underside of it, and i am not sure if theres a cover for the kick panel fuse box, but if there is, i would imagine there would be a diagram on it too. these diagrams will show you which fuse(s) is linked to the horn.

Wow this was too easy (after you all helped). A 10A fuse in the engine compartment labeled "horn" was the culprit. As always appreciate the help. :D

• 11 years later...

Either the switch is stuck or that clock spring wire is shorting out ?  It is all likely in the steering column. Disconnect the battery before working on it, and let it sit for awhile too, don't want to set off the airbag. You can start by unplugging the connector and checking continuity. You need a schematic.

The problem could be inside the horn pad / air bag module.  I spent something like $700 on a salvaged horn pad / air bag module and mechanic labor charge to get the horn working properly on my 2000 LS400 a few years ago.  The module is riveted together in a way that the horn contacts are inaccessible.

I knew the exact instant that mine broke.  My wife and I were parked side by side in a shopping center parking lot.  I had backed out of a parking space and then my wife started to back out of her parking space before I was out of the way.  A car was behind me so I couldn't back up more.  I hit the horn pad VERY HARD to get her attention.