Red Thing On Top Of Dash?

I recently saw a red looking thing on the top of the middle of my dash. At first I thought it was a LED light for the alarm but now I'm unsure. Does anyone know what it is? I took a close look at it and it looked like there was a small watch battery in it.

It's the solar sensor for the climate control. If it senses a lot of sunlight, it kicks the a/c down to a lower temp and vise versa. Ambient temp is under the hood I believe, and the MCV10 doesn't have automatic lights. ;)

:cheers:

Actually it is the photoelectric sensor,

but it doesn;t adjust the temp of the A/C but adjusts the air from the floor to the vents when it is brighter sunshining on it as compared to when it is normal out. Just compensates the occupants to make them feel cooler against the sun.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's red, I was just givin him a hard time B) Hell if it were black, it wouldn't work now would it?!? :lol: I've seen some that are flat out red though; guess those did fade. I like that feature though-everyone I know that knows about that thinks my car is just the shiznit b/c of that. Oh, and the built in remote with the key. Ya know, it's gettin to where alot of cars have that now, but most of them, Lexus included, have a HUGE key. I like how ours are just this non-chalant little button on a normal sized, and laser cut I might add (gah I love these cars lol) key. I'd be willin to bet some people have not even known they have keyless entry it's so not-obvious! :rolleyes:

I know it's red, I was just givin him a hard time B) Hell if it were black, it wouldn't work now would it?!? :lol: I've seen some that are flat out red though; guess those did fade. I like that feature though-everyone I know that knows about that thinks my car is just the shiznit b/c of that. Oh, and the built in remote with the key. Ya know, it's gettin to where alot of cars have that now, but most of them, Lexus included, have a HUGE key. I like how ours are just this non-chalant little button on a normal sized, and laser cut I might add (gah I love these cars lol) key. I'd be willin to bet some people have not even known they have keyless entry it's so not-obvious! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I really love the little key too! It's so nice to not have to carry around a bulky remote.

Regarding the laser cut key, I was surprised to see that my relatives new Honda CIVIC has a laser cut key! This is Honda's bottom of the line, and they are putting laser cut keys on them now?! I guess enough Civics get stolen by stupid teenage kids that it is worthwhile . . .

Regards,

Bryan