Alright! It's Not The Starter.

BigBuggie

Ok, So my previous issue (when ignition is turned to start, no cranking, no click, nothing what so ever, dash is fully lit) happened a few more times late yesterday and today.

After fueling up last night I twisted the key and nothing. For the next 5 min or so I tried a total of 20-30 times and nothing, messed with the terminals- nothing. Put her in neutral and boom.

Early this morning, same thing, Went to pepboys to grab some tire and leather cleaner, ready to go and got nothing. After about 3 min I remembered last time about the neutral thing. Threw it in N and bang.

About 5 minutes ago, Working on a new ignition LED (via LEXLS, works great). After I finish, I want to put her back in the garage same deal, Only this time I put it in N after the 2nd try.....In business.

So, I guess I should be thankful that it is not the starter......Right :unsure: ?

A gentleman mentioned earlier something about a Park position sensor, Hopefully it's an easy fix :mellow:

Thanks, Pete

• 1 month later...

I'm having the exact same problem- when I shift into Neutral, she fires right up. I looked at Lexls site as well as searching this one, and still can't find the info for cleaning the switch. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

hey buddy. I just used the tutorial for instaling an aftermarket shifter to get in there and cleaned and WD'd everything. It still does it but no where near as frequently.

Pete

Aha! It took me a while, but I found the tutorial. I will give it a shot this weekend. There are some crumbs etc from the P.O., so hopefully I'll get lucky and the cleaning will solve my problem.

Thanks Pete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Ok, So my previous issue (when ignition is turned to start, no cranking, no click, nothing what so ever, dash is fully lit) happened a few more times late yesterday and today.

After fueling up last night I twisted the key and nothing. For the next 5 min or so I tried a total of 20-30 times and nothing, messed with the terminals- nothing. Put her in neutral and boom.

Early this morning, same thing, Went to pepboys to grab some tire and leather cleaner, ready to go and got nothing. After about 3 min I remembered last time about the neutral thing. Threw it in N and bang.

About 5 minutes ago, Working on a new ignition LED (via LEXLS, works great). After I finish, I want to put her back in the garage same deal, Only this time I put it in N after the 2nd try.....In business.

So, I guess I should be thankful that it is not the starter......Right :unsure: ?

A gentleman mentioned earlier something about a Park position sensor, Hopefully it's an easy fix :mellow:

Thanks, Pete

Could the issue be the neutral safety switch gone bad...??? That would cause such a condition.

Thanks, Pete

Could the issue be the neutral safety switch gone bad...??? That would cause such a condition.

Could well have been but it was 16 months ago with no update

Thanks, Pete

Could well have been but it was 16 months ago with no update

But it the nns was out, then the lights in the dash would be out, wouldnt they? PRND123? I am having the same prob, but my car will not start in N and i have no crank at all.