Handbrake warning light

Soo just picked up a 1999 gs300 and there is one issue with the car that is bugging me, when the car is started there are no lights on the dash, when I press the brake the handbrake light will come on and stay on until the car is turned off and on again, I have checked the brake lights and they all work fine, however they are all led, could the fact there are no resistors be causing this issue or could it be another bulb, ie reverse bulbs, number plate bulbs etc, any help would be awesome as this light is the only thing stopping my car from passing mot 馃馃

I think your issue is not likely bulbs. Start car, when light comes on, set the handbrake and release it. Does the light go out. If not put handbrake back on. Shutoff car and restart it. Handbrake light should be on, does it go out when you release the hand brake. I am thinking it is the handbrake position sensor giving you issues.

Let us know what you find out once you try this.

Another newbie. Joins May 24th, posts for help. Never comes back, never updates or says thanks.