Tune In 12:25 Pm 01/08/06 For The 07 Ls460 Reveal!

Hey gang just giving the heads up.

Don't forget to watch live streaming coverage tomorrow at 12:25 PM as the new LS is revealed to the world at the Detroit Auto Show on www.lexus.com

I'll be there, at least via the 'net ;)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

January 2008...That *BLEEP* is mine LOL

I'm very pleased with it. The new shape is going to take some getting used to, but it does look like an LS. I love the interior, very luxurious and modern. Its great that the smart key is going to be a card now a'la Mercedes, and the auto parking mechanism is awesome. And base 380HP? Lexus finally stepped up and offered the performance everyone has always wanted out of this car. Hopefully the smooth LS ride is still intact...

LWB LS460, unless it costs $90k thats the one, silver with a black interior. Now my fiance can relax because I don't have to buy an 06 in august ;)

January 2008...That *BLEEP* is mine LOL

I'm very pleased with it. The new shape is going to take some getting used to, but it does look like an LS. I love the interior, very luxurious and modern. Its great that the smart key is going to be a card now a'la Mercedes, and the auto parking mechanism is awesome. And base 380HP? Lexus finally stepped up and offered the performance everyone has always wanted out of this car. Hopefully the smooth LS ride is still intact...

LWB LS460, unless it costs $90k thats the one, silver with a black interior. Now my fiance can relax because I don't have to buy an 06 in august ;)

you movin on up huh? :wink:

Think about it. If you got in the back of that thing and put your feet up, you'd buy a house from me wouldn't you? You'd tell all your friends too.

I'm just thinking about the future of my business ;)

Think about it. If you got in the back of that thing and put your feet up, you'd buy a house from me wouldn't you? You'd tell all your friends too.

I'm just thinking about the future of my business ;)

no...i get free housing (military), but i might offer to buy your car :lol:

For real, this car makes me want to MAKE myself afford it. Ill wait till 2017 when they are 10 years old and get my self one. :D

Thats actually one concern of mine. One of the great things about the LS is that they run and work as perfectly after years of use as they did when they were brand new. Like the guy in the video said, a 5 year old LS is just as perfect as a brand new one. With all this new technology, think about all the sensors required to acheive that automatic parking program, thats a LOT of high tech equipment to depend on that its going to work flawlessly over a span of 10 years. If they start having serious electrical problems in the 4,5,6 year marks its going to seriously hamper the LS' image. Thats what happened to Benz and BMW with the S and the 7.

But, we'll just have to wait and see on this one.

Hang on, I'm going to link out a LOT of pics.

Here we go, thanks Sha!

TYT2006010697657_PV.jpg

TYT2006010655047_PV.jpg

This is awesome:

TYT2006010668284_PV.jpg

TYT2006010612606_PV.jpg

TYT2006010642157_PV.jpg

TYT2006010649230_PV.jpg

TYT2006010696895_PV.jpg

Here's our first look at the SWB car with the standard 18 inch rims:

TYT2006010634008_PV.jpg

TYT2006010631078_PV.jpg

TYT2006010663691_PV.jpg

Look at that big beautiful nav screen, with real time traffic remember:

TYT2006010608196_PV.jpg

TYT2006010613383_PV.jpg

TYT2006010617783_PV.jpg

TYT2006010682600_PV.jpg

And the normal backseat (Booooorrrring). Good legroom even in the SWB:

TYT2006010632937_PV.jpg

TYT2006010610934_PV.jpg

New gauges with LCD optitron technology:

TYT2006010662476_PV.jpg

Credit card sized smart key:

TYT2006010660645_PV.jpg

You'll be wanting the dealer to work on this:

TYT2006010605970_PV.jpg

SWB, LWB side by side:

TYT2006010603483_PV.jpg

Chat it up!

Like I said before, I'm pleased with it. I will miss the chrome accents around the beltline, but that doesn't fit in with the new L-finesse styling theme. I'm also a little unsure about the tailights. The rear looks a lot like the current ES, which puzzles me because Lexus has otherwise completely abandoned the style theme they had explored with it. I'll also miss the trademark taillight LS design with the turn signals in the middle.

I'm thrilled they didn't go with the new theme in luxury car interiors, no console, paddle shifters, idrive like controllers etc.

I think this car will be a real winner.

As far as pricing is concerned my guess is the SWB will start about $58k and top out about $74k. The LWB will pick up from $70k or so and run to abould $78k. The LS600hL which is going to be the Ultra Luxury model will be somewhere like $88k.

Thats substantial enough to be taken seriously, yet low enough to make people choke on the prospect of spending $130k on an S600 or a 760Li.

I'm thrilled they didn't go with the new theme in luxury car interiors, no console, paddle shifters, idrive like controllers etc.

You and me both!! I was thrilled to see buttons, buttons, and more buttons! :D I really like the SWB model. I'm not really liking the way that the center stack flares out at the top. I love the wood that surrounds the CD slot though-that's cool. The real test for me will be to see if Lexus finally decides to accommodate the 5% of drivers that are over 6'1 (and I'm not holding my breath either since they haven't done so in the past 16 years.). I hope they stitch the dash on some of the models, especially if they want to but heads with the V12 German competition.

I'm sure it's going to be a big hit!

:cheers:

PS I'm really suprised that all of the spy shots posted on LOC are nearly identical to the press photos. :)

I hope they stitch the dash on some of the models, especially if they want to but heads with the V12 German competition.

If you look closely you'll see that portions of the dash are indeed stitched. Seeing that they also do this already on the CL and UL LS430s I'm sure they will.

This 460 Lex rates at 380 HORSE POWER!!!!!! Man these newer cars are being built to move, the IS350 3.5L V6 has 306 HORSEPOWER, this just isn't fair. This LS460 will probably give my car a good race and I have been hotroding it for a over a year now .....Oh but wait I wonder what the sticker price will be for that beauty??? Last time I checked I did not hit the lotto..........See ya

Before I sign off I must say that is a dream of a ride on the inside, wow......the only problem I have with lexus is they continue to mount skinny tires 8.5" on there new production cars. I think it really hinders the exterior look, if you look the AMG's, the M3, or any other newer sporty luxury ride you find fatter looking tires which I think makes those cars look great... Does anyone agree with me on this? I would still love to have that car even with the stock tires don't get me wrong........

If you look closely you'll see that portions of the dash are indeed stitched. Seeing that they also do this already on the CL and UL LS430s I'm sure they will.

The only stitching I see is on the console, and that's not too special. I looked at pictures of an '03 UL, and I didn't see any dash stitching, maybe I'm just blind. Here's the car: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/IT-HAS-EVER...1QQcmdZViewItem . Maybe there are better pictures (lexus.com had nothing worth while)? The interior of the S600 is stitched to hell and back (dash, airbags, center console, etc.) granted its price is about 2:1 to the LS. lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-S600-V...1QQcmdZViewItem

Well it looks like the finally did what i thought they would do and they introduced all the technology that they had in the Century sedan (minus the huge rear center console with the TV).

The have definitely made themselves a BEAUTIFUL car though.

8 speed? you must be kidding me! THAT"S AWESOME!! But then mid 20's economy!!! Only Lexus would pull that off.

These people break new ground at every release and that's why I'm a Lexus owner. They definitely live up to "The relentless persuit".

I'm just stunned. :o. Now i wish i didnt have a life just so i could afford to buy the first one in the dealership. lol.

Edited by dfkd