Sad Day

Well my friends, it has happened.. While driving down a street going to 7-11 some dumba$$ pulls out of his driveway fast and T-bones me then turns the wheel and runs his car ALL THE WAY down the right side of my baby.. 9 grand in damage.. the good news is that its not totaled and that his insurance is gonna pay for it all. I was wondering, that since the shop has to replace my front bumper anyway, if a 97 front end could fit on my 95? I like the meaner look the 97+sc had with the grill opening and all. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.. Wish me luck because my favorite car in the world is going to be out for over a month. Thanks for any help you guys can give me..

Mr. O

I'm really sorry to hear that Mr. O. It's definitely a sad day. The good news is, yes! Since they are going to use factory replacement material. You can just tell them to replace the '95 parts with '97-'98 parts. The prices should be about the same, and it will look as if nothing happened. Just get the parts number list from Intelexual, and take that into your body guy. Have him change the part #'s on the estimate now, so there is no question later. Tell him that it was just a minor cosmetic change between years, and as far as I know requires no fabrication.

Hope that helps, and good luck! :cheers:

My condolences - I've been there. Lost my car though when it happened. The 97+ parts will fit. Sadistic makes good suggestions. Glad you are okay. It is always hard to deal with this stuff happening to our pride car.

• 3 weeks later...

Ask the insurance company about residual value. If you were to sell the car down the road it wouldn't be worth as much as a non-accident vehicle. You might be able to get a bit of compensation, especially if you don't file an injury claim.