Things I don't like!

Lexus Owners Club

Thought I'd try and create a thread to share the negativity of daily life and thing we dislike everyday.
(let's stay off politics and religion, plenty of other sites for them) 🙂

I'll go first then!

Cost of living which is soaring, which I suppose is because of everything we have had thrown at us recently.
As long as I have enough dollar to run my cars and bikes then that's the important thing......I need to diet anyways 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You should be glad you don't live in Los Angeles where gas is up near $7.00/gallon.😏 Here in San Diego, it's a bit lower but still higher than in your area.

• Sad 1

On 3/12/2022 at 9:25 PM, RX400h said:

You should be glad you don't live in Los Angeles where gas is up near $7.00/gallon.😏 Here in San Diego, it's a bit lower but still higher than in your area.

Vroomtastic   Over £8 here in the UK which is equivalent to over $10 in the US

One thing I don't like is the "princess and the pea" thing with my wallet.

I carry it in my back trouser pocket and if I add so much as a business card my cheek feels bruised for a few days. Remove some clutter and it feels like I'm sitting crooked for a few days. 

Can't say I like that. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bykfixer said:

I carry it in my back trouser pocket and if I add so much as a business card my cheek feels bruised for a few days. Remove some clutter and it feels like I'm sitting crooked for a few days. 

You obviously have too many dollar bills in your wallet 🙂

• Haha 1

Back when I was single and drove a Ford Ranger that aside from Ford logos was a Mazda maybe. 

Now I'm happily married and drive an old beat up Lexus money pit, so paper was replaced with those plastic "rewards cards" and two $1 bills so that I'll always have two things with me……plastic cards to MeGeveyer stuff and paper to start a campfire if the MeGeyver stuff fails. 

Well that and notes to myself like my phone number, home ac/heater filter sizes, my anniverssary date (not year because we forgot to put the year on the invitations so neither of us know which year it was), random stuff I keep thinking matters but does not and my list of daily prescriptions now that I'm old enough to have a doctor for each organ. Come to think of it I don't think I like that either. 😂

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2022 at 2:28 PM, Bykfixer said:

and my list of daily prescriptions now that I'm old enough to have a doctor for each organ. Come to think of it I don't think I like that either. 😂

My God, how old are you, 90?😏

• Haha 2

Ah, you played professional football far past your prime.😃
I have a brother-in-law who ran longer distances for many years. He had to have a hip replaced at the age of 60. There were too many miles on his odometer, also. While I ran long distance races in high school, I stopped after graduating. Even at 17 years of age I was getting shin splits and hip pain. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 6:46 PM, RX400h said:

Perhaps titanium screws are part of your body, then. I know dirt bikers who have them.

Got a few of them but not from riding my motorbikes, instead falling out of a roof and busting my leg....oh well, could have been worse 🙂

Yes, always look on the bright side. I was almost killed in a motorcycle crash in the early 80s. Check out this guy's quote:

gosling-tag-heuer-1000x750 with quote.jpg

• Like 1

I don't like that as you get older days are telephone poles clicking past like a picket fence. In other words moving waaaaaay too fast. 

My Sunday school teacher said life is like a roll of toilet paper. The less there is the faster it runs out. 

So yeah, looking on the bright side is a great idea. It's too bad more people don't. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...