nickt117

Purchasing a high milage 13' Gs350 f-sport

I'm going to take a look at a 2013 Lexus Gs 350 f sport tonight. Priced OK.. at $13995, maybe a little high for the mileage of 167k.

I know these cars are a testament to reliability but is there anything I should look out for or consider before trying to negotiate or seal the deal?

I'm hoping these miles appear to be mostly highway and as for service, from the VIN i can see that the GS has been serviced primarily at Lexus dealerships since 147k

Hi Nick....welcome to the Forums

It sounds reasonable money for an F Sport, however as you state the mileage is rather high which shouldn't be an issue if you don't want to resell it on too soon.
Also, as long as the maintenance has been carried out correctly and when it should have been done then otherwise you could knock them down on price for that.

Sometimes, I think its not so much a case of knocking them down on price, rather trying to get more included in the deal for the same price, for example: a set of mats, extended warranty period, full tank of fuel, breakdown cover....etc.
All of which most dealers are happy to do as it doesn't come off the sticker price.

Let us know how you get on with it

Hi Nick. We all like the reliability of these cars.  I bought an SC with 96k miles which is more than I would accept for any veicle except a diesel.  

For a late model car though like a 2013 vintage, I would be looking for lower mileage than 167k miles.  The steering and suspension parts can be very worn by then. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By arsengames36
      Hi I am selling my 1995 LS 400. It has approximately 200K miles on it.
      This car might need a new steering pump, a new battery and side blinkers. Car has a small dent on the right front fender. 
      The car has very clean interior, leather has no tears, chrome wheels, new rear tires. Has two rear MagnaFlow mufflers (paid $400) + chrome tips on them. Registration is paid for until Nov 18. 
      Asking $850 OBO, car needs to go ASAP. Pick up Sherman Oaks, CA
      Thanks for viewing

• By skaffine
      Hi - I am new to this forum.  I had a 2002 RX300 for 5 years, best car I've ever owned, just a joy to drive. My husband and I joked that all that we had to was strap in and "Stella" would take us there. I bought it at 60K miles and it was 171K when a 4pt buck interrupted our relationship. I have been looking for a month, (Craiglist, Autotrader.com, Cars.com daily) and I'm THIS sick of dealer d-bags. Does anyone know of an RX300 for sale? I'm looking for less than 150K miles w/ no mechanical issues. Cosmetic issues OK. Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas/other sites to check? Thanks for any assistance you can give. I live in CO but would travel for the right car.
    • By jeanf
      Hello, Just posted my 1993 Lexus LS400 last night to Craig's List.  It saddens me to have to give up the car.  Please see add with description of what went wrong and looking to sell to a Lexus afficanado who has the time and enjoys bringing back to life this beauty of a car.  158,000 miles   White w/Black leather interior  $700.  Needs Transmission
      (more details at link)
      http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5907130998.html
      Please call (323) 462-0121 to make arrangements to see at mechanic facility  in Hollywood, California  (Santa Monica Blvd/Gower area)

• By bears98
      I have the third-row seats of a 1998 LX 470 for sale. They would fit the 1998-2007 Lexus LX470 or Toyota Land Cruiser models.
      COLOR: TAN / BEIGE CONDITION: USED (In pretty good shape though for being old) AVAILABLE IN BAY AREA (SANTA CRUZ) PRICE: $400
    • By timreyes
      If your status is New Club Member then you are not allowed to post items for sale in this forum. You must make a contribution to the forums before you can post here. When you have made enough posts, your status will change, and you will be allowed to post. This has become necessary due to the number of people registering purely to sell, and not contributing to our community