Just Got Rear-ended Pretty Bad

wandawoods

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did ask about 'buy back' option for my totaled LS. but it ain't so easy to do so.

Allstate said I need to enter bid on the salvage auction like every1 else! it's just too much troubles for a busy guy like myself to spent time with.

hmmm, to be honest, I am quite happy with the looks of new rims, perhaps even more so than the old rims.

WOW, what a sharp looking car, Wanda!!! :D I wish my Black Onyx still looked that good. I tend to agree with the others as far as the wheels go. I'd run the Michelins bald; then, find a set of oem LS rims-it'd look awesome!! Either way, she looks like a wonderful car! I see that you have an ES too(and SC); I have to ask what Lex is your favorite? I'd take my LS(a rippin' V8 and loads of room!) 9 times out of 10 over my ES. B) BTW, after seeing your new car, I really need to get my windows tinted!!

Take care of the new machine.

:cheers:

WOW, what a sharp looking car, Wanda!!! :D I wish my Black Onyx still looked that good. I tend to agree with the others as far as the wheels go. I'd run the Michelins bald; then, find a set of oem LS rims-it'd look awesome!! Either way, she looks like a wonderful car! I see that you have an ES too(and SC); I have to ask what Lex is your favorite? I'd take my LS(a rippin' V8 and loads of room!) 9 times out of 10 over my ES. B) BTW, after seeing your new car, I really need to get my windows tinted!!

Take care of the new machine.

:cheers:

got too caught out by 'mercedes' name few years back, and bought 2pcs S-class instead of LS which I truly wanted. must say, what a disasterous MB experience it has been!

so, after I dumped the older 420SEL, it has been Lexus all the way for me, perhaps forever! I drive LS4, wife drives SC4, and I bought a ES3 for Mom (my parents' house is few doors away), and 'poor' Dad is driving my old 93 400sel MB which is still giving us tons of troubles, got to dump it too! perhaps another LS4 for my dad.

CW--where did you get the '97 for such a good price-carmax,dealer,indiv.????

maybe I need to shop hotlanta next time--even tho I would have to pay taxes coming back across the line. yes, double taxes-there and here[unless an individual seller]

CW--where did you get the '97 for such a good price-carmax,dealer,indiv.????

it's from an eBay dealer in Dallas with pretty good feedback rating. this will be the 4th car I bought from eBay. the 1st 3 cars all turned out be rather nice except the just-wrecked 94 LS4 did have brake problems. because the seller didn't want a negative feedback from me on his eBay file, so he did paid for the repair which is not heard of very often when buying 'as-is' either locally or remotely!

anyway, I did have VIN checked, and had a friend in Dallas brought along the article 'Used LS400 Buyer Guide for Layman by Layman' that I wrote few months back to check the car out. I also had the seller faxed the Lexus service record to me, and it does indicate 90K service (including TB+water pump stuffs) was done. so, I have pretty good confidence going in.

$13500 for eBay BIN price

$150 documenation fee (junk fee)

about $60 Taxas VIT tax

$650 to ship it from Dallas to Atlanta

KBB value is $14840 (private) or $18235 (retail). forget about Hotlanta, I could't found any good deals at all in Atlanta market for 97 or 98 LS4, not even remotely close to whole bunch of eBay listings. it seems that most LS4 listed on local papers are 15%~30% higher than KKB private party value!

folks,

newly acquired 97 LS4 arrived this morning from Dallas!

looks like my eBay luck continues!

initial 'test drive' is great and pleasant! engine and throttle is very smooth, quiet and yet very responsive and powerful. tranny shifts very well and barely noticeable. all intrument stuffs, bottons, switches are working. AC is ice cold, and all fluids look fresh at proper level. no noise from steering, suspension, and brakes, overall, a well taken-care-of vehicle. got to say, it's in much better shape than my just-wrecked 94 LS.

the only neg. thing is that the mitchelins are not at 75% as seller stated. I will say it's about 1/4~1/3 tread left, I would want to change them rather soon. neverthless, the wear are even, so there is no alignment needed, I do like how the 5-spokes rim looks!

what will you guys recommend about new set of tires!?

Have in my notes to check out Sumitomo HTR+ when I have to have them [in about 6 mo].

Not but $61 each at tire rack and "V" rated; finished 5th in tire test.

But haven't check on this data in a while.

Sounds interesting tho.

Have in my notes to check out Sumitomo HTR+ when I have to have them [in about 6 mo].

Not but $61 each at tire rack and "V" rated; finished 5th in tire test.

But haven't check on this data in a while.

Sounds interesting tho.

Have heard mixed reviews on the HTR's ...........some love them, some don't ;)

Searching for the right tire can drive you dizzy!!!!! :blink:

I too, will buy tires soon - I'm holding out as long as possible - mainly over the variety of choices. Good reviews on

Proxes TPT's

Turanza - V's

A2's

dbS2 (yokohamas)

went to a locksmith, specialized in import cars, trying to get couple of spare keys cut, however, the inexperienced young man found out after the fact that the key for 97 LS has transpondent embeded! so, he wasted two just-cut keys which can only open doors/trunk, but can't start car at all! you should really see the face of his boss....

anyway, rather than going to dealer and being charged big buck, anywhere I can get key duplicated with transpondent?

went to a locksmith, specialized in import cars, trying to get couple of spare keys cut, however, the inexperienced young man found out after the fact that the key for 97 LS has transpondent embeded! so, he wasted two just-cut keys which can only open doors/trunk, but can't start car at all! you should really see the face of his boss....

anyway, rather than going to dealer and being charged big buck, anywhere I can get key duplicated with transpondent?

You may need the"key code"..... a 5/6 digit # - or they could get it off the VIN.

Keep those spares in your wallet...........you never know when you need em!!!!

something I saw in the last few days:

tape over your VIN at the windshield; anyone can copy and go to a dealer and get a key made and then open your car later and drive it away !!!

I have all mine taped over!!!!!

not sure about Lexus but it sure makes sense on anything else !!! Hopefully, a title, registration, + ID would be required, but who knows.