Caliper Stickers

Has anyone tried these? It sure seems like any sticker would burn off of a caliper pretty quick, and if not, would get eaten away by wheel cleaner the first time you used it. Are these things made with some "Super-Duper-Will-Not-Come-Off-No Matter-What" -type stickers, or is this simply a waste of money?

On the other hand, if we could buy the "cutout" (the discarded part) of the sticker, we could stick that to the caliper and use it as a stencil for painting the word "Lexus" on our calipers in whatever color we chose. That sure seems like a better idea.

Should be some thick Vinyl, 2 mil perhaps? I worked in a sign shop for a little over a year, as far as I can tell, the vinyl will shrink a very little bit (Almost unseen amount) and then pretty much bake on. If you wanted to get them off after that you would be pretty hard pressed.

As far as using the outside of it as a stencil, that would work, contact who makes them and let them know you want them to weed out the actual letters so you can use it as a paint stencil, paint, dry and peel. Or if you can find the font (the actual file) of what your looking for you can take it to a vinyl shop and the can cut the stencil's for you. We always had people coming in for vinyl just for stencils, kinda an expensive stencil, but it looks very clean when done.

ONce you clean the calipers well with alchol first. they should last almost forever. Wheel cleaner will eat anything as it is acid.But who really uses wheel cleaner anymore as it is so harsh.

Once the stickers on the caliper go through a few heat cylces the are almost inpossible to remove.

Notice the disclaimer on the bottles ,do not use in wind or leave product ,do one wheel at a time. The reason is if it gets on the paint it will eat it real good in the wind. If it stays on the rims by doing them all the time it will create pitting on the aluminum surface after eating the clear coat. Gets some on your hands and it will sting like crazy and turn them white for a few miuntes.

You know, I suppose you're right. I have some Eagle stuff that I've used a few times, and it does smell pretty harsh. I have read the label, and saw the warning. I guess I never assumed that it was actually an acid, but to clean brake dust and such off a wheel I suppose it would have to be extremely harsh.

Brake dust only becomes hard to remove once it has pitted the rims itself as it usually corrodes the finish and makes it really tuff to remove.

A regular soap and water mix cleans tehm easily once done at least once a month.

No need to laquer that is more overkill.

They do look best when the calipers have been painted though

i would recommend laquer... i would not dream of fitting stickers without.. especially if you use a acidic wheel cleaner.

• 5 years later...