Climate Control Question

bcarson

I have an 04 ES330 that I bought about 6 months ago. I love the car but can't understand how the "Auto" setting on the climate control is supposed to work. No matter what the outside temp or the thermo setting, the A/C comes on when I press the "Auto" button. And when trying to heat the interior, the air direction will change from floor only to floor and dash vents and you are hit in the face with tepid air at best.

Is this the way the system is supposed to work? Thanks for any help.

I have an 04 ES330 that I bought about 6 months ago. I love the car but can't understand how the "Auto" setting on the climate control is supposed to work. No matter what the outside temp or the thermo setting, the A/C comes on when I press the "Auto" button. And when trying to heat the interior, the air direction will change from floor only to floor and dash vents and you are hit in the face with tepid air at best.

Have had 3 of them and that is what I recall. I always shut the dash vents in the winter. But yes the AC comes on.

That does not sound right. Try running diagnostics on the HVAC system. To enter diagnositcs, with the ignition off. Press and hold the AUTO button and REC/FRESH button, and while holding the buttons, turn on the ignition. See if there are any codes displayed. Since the outside temp is displaying correctly, I would suspect that the inside temp sensor is open or shorted.

I have an 05' ES330, and your system is not working properly. The AC will come on in the auto mode in both hot and cold weather. It comes on in cold weather to prevent the windows from fogging over while the engine is warming. You should be able to simply touch the AC button and shut it off. However, in the heating mode the auto mode should direct the air flow to the floor only, when engine and cabin are fully warm, and to the upper vents and floor while the engine and cabin are warming. Again to warm up the glass.

Others on this forum are more qualified than I. But, something is not right with the sensors in you climate control system. Good luck, stay warm.

I think you system is working correctly.

In Summer, auto with a/c on, car start cold air to match setting point.(Blower set speed depend on car temp)

Winter time hot air can'nt start till coolant gets hot. that is the reason ac light and auto light shows on, but nothing blow. once coolant temp increase, blower start step by step to meet set point.

Hot air dry your eyes and face for safety reason its blow by floor. If i remember right, @77 F start upper and bottom together.

Hope i did expain correctly.

• 3 weeks later...