2002 Ls430

dcfish

Well, I am looking at this 2002 LS430, Silver with grey leather, Really minty all maintenance done by dealer on time and I would be the second owner. I am asking out of respect from the greatest Lexus community on the net. Should I or Not ??? Here are some pix. Beautiful car inside and out, Not even a rock chip. Timing belt was done at 104k and the car now has 140k Is $13k too much ? I would trade my GS in on the deal. Midwest car.

post-1634-1260071358_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1260071369_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1260071378_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1260071390_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1260072733_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1260072742_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1260072751_thumb.jpg

Looks very nice. The 01-03 LS430 with the standard 16" wheels is my favorite style of the LS430 and the 5-speed auto is certainly bullet proof. I've kicked myself a few times since 2003 when I bought my 00 LS400 instead of an 01 LS430 -- didn't realize that I was going to need the absolutely huge trunk the non-UL LS430 has. The rear seat heaters of the LS430 would have sure been nice too.

$13,000 on a cash/no trade in deal would certainly be high where I live. Having a trade-in is almost always a significant losing situation unless your trade-in is in bad condition and you are just looking for a convenient way to dump it in which case it can be a better deal tax-wise to donate it to a charity. You would think that you could probably thousand or three if you sell your GS privately.

If my 00 LS400 got totaled, the one owner LS430 you found would certainly be a car I would consider. I would be concerned about buying a older LS430 with navigation but if it was to have a problem, I'll bet you know somebody who can take care of that! ;)

Looks very nice. The 01-03 LS430 with the standard 16" wheels is my favorite style of the LS430 and the 5-speed auto is certainly bullet proof. I've kicked myself a few times since 2003 when I bought my 00 LS400 instead of an 01 LS430 -- didn't realize that I was going to need the absolutely huge trunk the non-UL LS430 has. The rear seat heaters of the LS430 would have sure been nice too.

$13,000 on a cash/no trade in deal would certainly be high where I live. Having a trade-in is almost always a significant losing situation unless your trade-in is in bad condition and you are just looking for a convenient way to dump it in which case it can be a better deal tax-wise to donate it to a charity. You would think that you could probably thousand or three if you sell your GS privately.

If my 00 LS400 got totaled, the one owner LS430 you found would certainly be a car I would consider. I would be concerned about buying a older LS430 with navigation but if it was to have a problem, I'll bet you know somebody who can take care of that! ;)

For me the nav has nothing to do with the sale, It's getting to be that time in my life when I need a bigger car than the GS, Although I love my GS and have no more room in the stable or I would keep it rather than trade the car, But I don't need 3 cars. If I sell the GS privately, Who knows how long that will take and this LS could be gone. It is really a beautiful car and I do not want to pass it up. Maybe I just have to get over the fever and step back. Decisions, Decisions...

For me the nav has nothing to do with the sale, It's getting to be that time in my life when I need a bigger car than the GS, Although I love my GS and have no more room in the stable or I would keep it rather than trade the car, But I don't need 3 cars. If I sell the GS privately, Who knows how long that will take and this LS could be gone. It is really a beautiful car and I do not want to pass it up. Maybe I just have to get over the fever and step back. Decisions, Decisions...

I don't know where your "Location: Here" is but I would think your 98 GS would be pretty easy to sell if you are in or near a major metro area. You might not get a lot for it in a private sale but you would likely come out ahead of trading it in on the LS430. Go ahead and buy the LS430 (assuming you could get a lower price on a cash deal) and then put a "For Sale" sign on your GS, park it near a high school and watch the fireworks.

The last car we traded in was in 1990 when we bought the first LS400 and traded in an 11 year old Mercedes 240D with 200K miles that had so many rust holes in it that the Lexus dealer did us a favor to take it off our hands ... saved me from pushing the Merc over a cliff.

I did a cash deal in 2003 for the 2000 LS400 and then sold the 1990 LS400 at my leisure and had people literally waiting in line to buy it. I was a little surprised at how many people wanted a $4500 Lexus LS in great condition. I had a deposit from a guy painting a neighbor's house within five minutes of putting a For Sale sign in the 90's window. That sale fell through but I had a bunch of other people who wanted the car. We did a similar deal when we bought my wife's Camry new in 1998 ... paid cash and then sold her Honda Accord to a relative.

The economy sucks right now but there are always people who need good low priced transportation and see getting a Lexus as a bonus.