Off I Go To The Sandbox...again

ArmyofOne

Well LOC, here we go again. Off to the sandbox for Round II. Mid october (I know the exact date, but am not permitted to divulge except for close family, for the sake of operational security) is the time frame. So if I disappear between the 10th and the 20th of that month, you will know where I went. Meanwhile, I have been doing alot of catching up with family and spending quality time with the wife. The wife will be moving in with her sister while I am gone, which works out good because she is local, has an extra car, and her husband is deployed as well, so she could use the help with her 3 children. My car will be on Jackstands in my father-in-law's Climate-controlled garage. She will have a fresh oil change and a trickle charger connected before I go. A new car to come when I get back, probably a slightly used IS or GS. Im not buying new, cause I dont have any need for a "NEW" car. If I get a lexus/toyota/honda with less than 30K miles, its close enough for me. Plus it means more mods to the civic. I cant bear to get rid of such a great car. its given me a completely problem free 47,000 miles so far, and Its great to have a late model car, in nearly perfect condition, thats paid for. No car payments FTMFW!

Get ready Al-Queda...Big Mo's a-comin to get ya...

• 3 weeks later...
Be safe Josh! :cheers:

My brother in law just headed back as well after a two week break.

5 days and counting... :(

Spend all 5 days with the family. Be safe over there and thank you for your service!

Are you allowed to say if your going back to Iraq or one of the new "interest" areas like Pakistan or Afganastan? I only ask because I sponsor a care package effort that lets our troops over there know we're doing what we can also. If you let me know later about what area I will try and make sure some of our packages go there also. Maybe PM me after it's ok to divulge the info in case it's still not a good idea to post it on the boards.

Are you allowed to say if your going back to Iraq or one of the new "interest" areas like Pakistan or Afganastan? I only ask because I sponsor a care package effort that lets our troops over there know we're doing what we can also. If you let me know later about what area I will try and make sure some of our packages go there also. Maybe PM me after it's ok to divulge the info in case it's still not a good idea to post it on the boards.

no, its ok, I am going to Iraq. Baghdad area. I will PM you with a specific address once I get settled in.

• 2 weeks later...