Roll Of Carpet 12'x18'....will It Fit In The Prius?

SW03ES

Yes! Who needs an SUV?

(I do, I looked like a total weirdo driving around like that LOL. My wife's Mickey Mouse ear antenna topper didn't help)

It was all the way up resting on the dashboard on the passenger side...

post-564-1246335236_thumb.jpg

Steve, what you and I need are Lexus station wagons! Maybe an LS430 or LS460 wagon like the mockups from http://www.cwwcardesign.com/

Unless it is my imagination, hatchbacks are making a bit of a comeback in the U.S. -- they've always been far more popular in Europe. But I'd rather have a mid-size or full-size station wagon that is based on a regular sedan.

Back in 1980, I hauled almost everything I needed to finish a basement in my wife's Honda Civic Hatchback -- everything except the wall board and carpet. I hauled a few hundred 2x4 studs, a vanity, toilet, pre-hung doors and even a shower surround in that little hatchback. It was a sad day when we got rid of the Civic "truck".

Maybe Americans will eventually get over their SUV fetish and return to more reasonable vehicles. Or maybe not.

post-2157-1246367416_thumb.jpg

post-2157-1246367461_thumb.jpg

Yep been there, I even hauled dirt and rocks on top of a tarp in my minivans. Kind of sad, but without a truck you do what you gotta do. Now i have a truck, first one in my life.

This is the exact reason why we got rid of the LS for the 4runner. After buying our house in NC, two trips like this with the LS, and the 4runner was just too difficult to ignore. I can't tell you how many times I've lowered the rear window with stuff like this sticking way out!

I bet you were driving with your sunglasses on with you hat pulled down low on the way home, weren't cha' Steve! :lol:

Hauled marbles and rocks, and thought twice before

I hauled a Barbie Doll bed for the girl next door

She tried to pay me with a kiss I began to understand,

There's just something women like about a LEXUS Man

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheers:

Hauled marbles and rocks, and thought twice before

I hauled a Barbie Doll bed for the girl next door

She tried to pay me with a kiss I began to understand,

There's just something women like about a LEXUS Man

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheers:

Let me guess.... ZZTop CD stuck in the changer? :lol:

This is the exact reason why we got rid of the LS for the 4runner. After buying our house in NC, two trips like this with the LS, and the 4runner was just too difficult to ignore. I can't tell you how many times I've lowered the rear window with stuff like this sticking way out!

I bet you were driving with your sunglasses on with you hat pulled down low on the way home, weren't cha' Steve! :lol:

You should have test drove that LS and tied it on top! :)

I think it kinda looks like the Prius is smoking a fattie LOL

The wife was not pleased when I pulled up to the house like that LOL

You're right Jim, I do see more station wagons around...

• 1 month later...