99 Lexus Ls400 Fuel Door

manzoorz5001

hey,

i just bought a 99ls400 and the fuel door is not opening most of the times. sometimes it opens and mostly it doesn't, i usually just open it manually from the trunk. Plz let me know what should i do to fix this problem. any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance.

I'm not positive with the '99s but my '90 has an electronic actuator that releases the fuel door when you pull the little lever. Mine was getting weak to the point that it would seldom open when it was warm out and it never worked when it was cold out. I called Toyota and they wanted something like $350 for a new one, so I went to a local junk yard and found one off a similar year Lexus. The guy at Toyota told me any Toyota or Lexus with the electronic opener would work. However I found out that nearly all cars use a cable system so I had to do a little searching.

I'm not positive with the '99s but my '90 has an electronic actuator that releases the fuel door when you pull the little lever. Mine was getting weak to the point that it would seldom open when it was warm out and it never worked when it was cold out. I called Toyota and they wanted something like $350 for a new one, so I went to a local junk yard and found one off a similar year Lexus. The guy at Toyota told me any Toyota or Lexus with the electronic opener would work. However I found out that nearly all cars use a cable system so I had to do a little searching.

The fuel door actuator is available for less from several online sellers. It's about $234 from http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=0

Manzoor do some troubleshooting before you buy , all could be a minor problem at the Relay switch itself. There is also switch release contact at the fuel door , try cleaning it with some electronic contact cleaner. The price you mentioned is absolutely high. try at partstrain.com