Seafoam

killerFatty

I have heard many things about Seafoam. Both good and bad. First off does it work? Does it have to be put in through the break booster or can it be added to the fuel tank? What is the best way and what results will I get? Will it screw with my Cats? Currently my idle is really rough, will it help?

If you're idle is really rough I'd suggest cleaning your MAF and throttle body... also check for vacuum leaks. Seafoam isn't a mechanic in a bottle but it does have some effect as advertised. It never messed with my cat's or 02 sensors so I don't really view it as harmful. I've used it on several vehicles as well. I usually let 1/2 the can get sucked in through a vacuum line (brake booster is a good bet) and the other half I throw in with the engine oil... I drive for 100 miles and do an oil change... They're are more detailed instructions and even youtube videos. Do a little searching and you'll find it.

very carefully.....

thats all i have to say...

oh and with CRC MAF cleaner... be careful, mafs are very fragile!

1459_small.jpg

All you usually have to do is unplug the MAF, removed it.. use the cleaner as instructed, let it dry and put it back. Are you getting a Check Engine light at all? If so it could indicate the reason behind a rough idle.

u only want to clean the connectors with the CRC maf cleaner, do not clean anything else!!!! it has a vortex style sensor on it and will ruin it if u clean the wrong part of it

Thanks a bunch for that link. I just cleaned the TB and put in fresh castrol edge 5W30. The idle is a bit better, but its still alittle bumpy. And no, there is not a CEL. I saw a ford ranger being seafoamed at oreilly today, and WHOOO it was smokin. If my idle dosnt get any better I will try seafoam. Again, Thanks for that great write up Jcrome.