Would This Carfax Scare You Or Make You Feel Better?

BimmerJustin

This car has been excessively serviced virtually every 3 months. Its good to know the owner took care of it, but also a little scary that it needed that much service. I'm gonna call the dealership and see if they will clue me in to what all of this stuff is.

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/ccc_DisplayHisto...8BH68X8Y0024787

Wouldn't bother me at all, infact, that's an excellent report in my opinion. It shows that the 1st owner took such good care of the car, that a genuine lexus dealership picked it up for their own inventory at the auction. From there, it was religiously serviced at the same dealership. It looks like the 90k service was done at the very end "manufacturers recommended service". I don't see any suspension parts listed, other than the "parts ordered" entry. But, there is no doubt the dealership has information of that specific nature in their system, and would most likely share it with you. Heck, some even keep the customer's complaints/comments of why the car is in service, what rattles they hear, etc...

that one sounds like a winner to me!

This car has been excessively serviced virtually every 3 months. Its good to know the owner took care of it, but also a little scary that it needed that much service. I'm gonna call the dealership and see if they will clue me in to what all of this stuff is.

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/ccc_DisplayHisto...8BH68X8Y0024787

C'MON man it's so evident that the dealer in bayridge is banging out the warranty company for $$$$$$$$. i bet you it's never had more than an oil change..

I agree. I think that looks like a good report. I don't see anything on that report that raises any red flags. But, never take a carfax report over a good experienced walk around, and a lift inspection. ( The car is put up on a lift and looked over by an expereinced mechanic to check for problems that may not have revealed themselves yet, or covered up.)

that looks clean to me. you know what has happened to the vehicle and the chances of future damage is less likely aside from the normal wear and tear.

just watch out if its a really good priced car for a low mileage (less than 200k on a Lex is low in my opinion). i heard that if the vehicle has a pending salvage title that it takes 6 months before it is recorded to carfax. so the seller tries to get rid of it within 6 months 2 avoid the salvage title..

other than that, if the car runs great, u like it, price agreed, go for it! ;)