A Race Between Ls430 And 300zx

thatlexusboy

a friend of mine has a 1990 300zx stock nonturbo 5speed and he swears that he can take me on a drag, i have an 01 LS430 stock

let me know what you guys think and what would me the outcome

THANKS!

are you joking? he will eat you alive! LOL

a friend of mine has a 1990 300zx stock nonturbo 5speed and he swears that he can take me on a drag, i have an 01 LS430 stock

THANKS!

Lexus says the '01 LS430 goes 0-60 in 6.2 seconds, and from the googling I did, the '90 300zx Nonturbo makes it to 60 in about 7 seconds. Your Lexus would win! B)

THANKS!

are you joking? he will eat you alive! LOL

haha nope im scared for him not to blow something, his car is garbage and he tells me statistics im like ha yeah right statistics dnt matter on his car cause its so garbage he might blow something in the middle lol

but we'll see we might race this friday

hp to weight ratio is what matters, i think the ls 430 would win myself, hes going to spend too much time shifting

I had a 300zx NA two years ago (too slow for a sports car, so I bought a 95TT).... the NA was honestly not a very fast car. The LS430 should win, it could be close, but the Lex should pull alittle harder. How good of a shifter the 300zxNA driver is could make all the difference though...

no way the stock 3.0L V6 would beat the 4.3L V8 5speed. The LS will shift faster, has more power, has more torque, more technology, better quality of everything.

I'm guessing he's just some tuner who thinks he's fast cause it's a manual???

no way the stock 3.0L V6 would beat the 4.3L V8 5speed. The LS will shift faster, has more power, has more torque, more technology, better quality of everything.

he's a very close friend of mine and hates to admit i can beat him.. for one he not a racer he cant shift right so he got a friend to do the racing for him.. but i dont care who he gets his zx is garbage wayy to old and to much to fix.. just a bad and abused zx

I raced my 95LS against my buddies 87 or 88 Z turbo, and it was close actually, didn't win, but wasn't blown out either. I use to race him in my 01 Maxima, and we were tied neck n' neck. I would think your LS would take him easily. Just don't get directly behind him, cause he'll get you with the smoke screen coming out of his tail pipes when he goes over 4,800 rpm! :lol:

I raced my 95LS against my buddies 87 or 88 Z turbo, and it was close actually, didn't win, but wasn't blown out either. I use to race him in my 01 Maxima, and we were tied neck n' neck. I would think your LS would take him easily. Just don't get directly behind him, cause he'll get you with the smoke screen coming out of his tail pipes when he goes over 4,800 rpm! :lol:

lol yeah yur buddies was turbo.. my buddies in nonturbo and its garbage in every way lol

definitly beleave ill take him

be sure that you floor the gas pedal so that it will trigger full throttle mode, a hidden button on floor behind gas pedal, which will make your car fly

dont be back here if you are taken ;-)

wanna see you back man

be sure that you floor the gas pedal so that it will trigger full throttle mode, a hidden button on floor behind gas pedal, which will make your car fly

wanna see you back man

haha dnt worry ill definitly be back

jus gta wait for him to fix his he got engine problems...

wanna see you back man

I don't believe newer LS cars have this button.

wanna see you back man

I don't believe newer LS cars have this button.

mines the 3rd generation (01 LS430)

i waz lookin around for a button down there cudnt find anything at all.. be more specific or a picture would help.. thanks for the help guys

sorry i may be wrong with 3rd gen

in my 1st gen ls400 (1990) there is a black button on the floor behind gas pedal, when i floor it, it will trigger this button giving full throttle open mode and the car knows that i am racing ;-)

dont have a pix right now, will take one and post later

sorry i may be wrong with 3rd gen

in my 1st gen ls400 (1990) there is a black button on the floor behind gas pedal, when i floor it, it will trigger this button giving full throttle open mode and the car knows that i am racing ;-)

dont have a pix right now, will take one and post later

i have a black thing under the gas pedal but i dont think its a button..its a like a black round square and it acts as a stopper so i cant press the pedal any farther...im gna try and upload pictures also

thanks

the 1st gen WOT button is a rubber circle about the circumference of a soda can, the tip of the pedal hits it when floored.

it's a fun button.

speaking of going fast, even with O/D off, trac off and ect set to pwr unless I give it more than half throttle I can't get my engine to go above 2.5k rpms on a brisk rolling pull, it shifts every time i break 2000 and I go from 5-40 with several shifts and no satisfying roar, albeit still rather quickly. Is this normal ls behavior?

the 1st gen WOT button is a rubber circle about the circumference of a soda can, the tip of the pedal hits it when floored.

it's a fun button.

speaking of going fast, even with O/D off, trac off and ect set to pwr unless I give it more than half throttle I can't get my engine to go above 2.5k rpms on a brisk rolling pull, it shifts every time i break 2000 and I go from 5-40 with several shifts and no satisfying roar, albeit still rather quickly. Is this normal ls behavior?

not rlly i get to 35 on my first shift then bout 60 on my 2nd shift

what ls do u have.. mines the 01 LS430

make sure you know when your shift points are,

ie: my 97 LS400 1st=~45mph 2nd=~83mph ... etc

When I punch it from 30mph or 65-70mph the RPMs just fly up to the top and my car goes like a bat outta hell! B)

his car isnt fixed yet he got his pistons replaced and whole bunch of work done to the car and can let it loose just yet he has to wait 1000 miles to break it in.. plus he quit he told me i would win so yeah.. but i have another friend i might race who has a 300zx as well, i'll see how that goes cause he also having problems...

As for the buttond behind the pedal, thats not what i have looks similiar though, mine is a black rubber round peice that just sits there and it duznt let the pedal hit the floor, :-D

pretty much says it all right here