Price Paid For Es350 With What Options

maverick

Hello and thank you for all your inputs on the ES350. I have finally decided to go with a new ES350 with the premium plus package (the one with the HID lamps and heated/cooled seats thats $4800 on the lexus site). I went to 2 Atlanta area dealers and the lowest price I got from them was $500 over invoice on any in-stock 2008 ES350. For any vehicle not in stock, the price quoted was $1000 over invoice. This was without any haggling whatsoever. I really think they are trying to move their cars.

BTW I got an email from a Honda dealer in the Atlanta area advertising Accords at invoice, meaning you could negotiate to about $1000-1500 below invoice. One of my colleagues recently purchased a Honda Accord for $2000 below invoice. Is the economy really tanking? You guys feel similarly?

So my question is how much did you pay for your ES350 and what options did you get? Do not include tax,title,registration as they are different everywhere. Also it would be helpful if we as users of such a big forum can actually setup a deal with dealers as to get the best price from them.

So how much did you pay excluding Tax, title, reg.

Regards,

Maverick

Maverick, $500 over invoice is great. Mine was about $1200 over invoice. $41.5K ES350 Ultra Luxury with Mark Levinson (Osidian (black) outside and black leather heated/cooled seats inside). I could have gotten it about $400 less at a dealer but the dealer I bought it from was an Elite dealer. The dealer is about 40 miles from my house but they pickup, leave a loaner, and bring the car back for ALL maintenance (except body work). They also have a mobile express truck that comes to the house if there is something minor. I felt that was worth about $400 more. Hope this helps!

Maverick,

I recently purchased a pre-owned 07 ES 350 (Smokey Granite) w/ 13,500 miles for $33,500.00, which when it was new the MSRP = $43,989 based on the window sticker, which includes the following options:

MSRP: $33,170.00

• Intuitive Parking Assist: $500.00

• Luxury Package: $5,380.00

o Perforated Leather Trim Interior w/ Memory Driver's and Front Passenger's Seats, Outside Mirrors, Power Tilt/Telescoping Wood Steering Wheel, Panorama Glass Roof, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats, HID Headlamps with AFS, Power Rear Sunshade, Rear Seat Side Airbags, Driver’s Power Cushion Extender, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Bluetooth, 10-Spoke Graphite Wheels with Full Spare Tire

• NAV/Mark Levinson Premium Audio Package: $4,050.00

o Generation 5 NAV system with Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Voice-Activation w/ Destination Input, Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio with 14-Speakers, In-Dash 6-Disc DVD/CD Changer and Cassette Player

• Cargo Net: $59.00

• Trunk Mat: $69.00

• Wheel Locks: $66.00

TOTAL: $43,989.00

The car was very meticulously kept and is having a new “rain-sensing” windshield installed by the previous owner (retail cost is $1,100.00).

I just can not justify buying a brand new car anymore, given the fact that I buy a new car about every 2-3 years as it just doesn’t make for sound financial sense and I am not a fan of leasing due to the number of miles I drive each year.

As for the economy, here are my 2 cents:

The continued and unfortunate negative press regarding our economy is going to continue to wreak havoc on the US dollar, financial and real estate sectors. The recent housing news is just the tip of the iceberg. The "recession" we are currently faced with and the rising price of gas will continue to drive down prices in the auto industry. I also believe that the housing slump created by the subprime debacle will continue to affect the financial and real estate sectors through 2009. Based on some of the info I have been reading/researching, I am placing my money on a 2010 turnaround. I sure do hope that I am way off base on my personal opinions and we start to see a recovery sooner than 2010.

I bought an 07 ES 350 with the Ultra Luxury Package and i mean this car has every option available, its Flint Mica with the Light color grey interior and i got it brand new for 37800 out the door, then again i was at the dealership until 9pm working the deal out and i guess i got the deal cause of 2 reasons..1-they were tired of gojng back and forth with numbers and 2- they had quite a few ES 350 not moving anywhere

Great deal Navy! My deal was for the 08 UL with everything. But the dealer did not have alot of ES' and I wanted black on black! But I seem to have got an ok deal. I probably should have gotten an 07 but it was the first year for the redesign and I don't like buying a first year for any model....but Lexus should be ok!

From navigating this forum i am seeing alot of people complaining about the ES 350 but i havent had any problems whatsoever since i bought the car last year, currently my wife's car has 10k and we havent had anything go wrong or notice anything that would raise a concern

From navigating this forum i am seeing alot of people complaining about the ES 350 but i havent had any problems whatsoever since i bought the car last year, currently my wife's car has 10k and we havent had anything go wrong or notice anything that would raise a concern

Hey Navy, yep there are alot of people "complaining" but they really are just outlining some of the issues they are having and when you buy a Lexus you expect more. However, most of the ones that I have read in this forum and at Club Lexus, all of the owners do like their Lexus and have bought more than one. I take this complaining as helpful to see if I have a similar issue, it is not me and I can get it to the dealer to help me. I have had some minor issues as you may have read, but I do love my 08 ES350 after 1800 miles. Hope we both have continued luck in our ES'.

• 2 weeks later...
Maverick, $500 over invoice is great. Mine was about $1200 over invoice. $41.5K ES350 Ultra Luxury with Mark Levinson (Osidian (black) outside and black leather heated/cooled seats inside). I could have gotten it about $400 less at a dealer but the dealer I bought it from was an Elite dealer. The dealer is about 40 miles from my house but they pickup, leave a loaner, and bring the car back for ALL maintenance (except body work). They also have a mobile express truck that comes to the house if there is something minor. I felt that was worth about $400 more. Hope this helps!

Was that w/navigation? If so you got an excellent deal! Congrats.

Was that w/navigation? If so you got an excellent deal! Congrats.

Hey EMP, yep with Nav, panoramic roof, etc. I wasn't sure if I got a good deal or not. But I am happy with the car. You know it's kind of funny...when I say I got a Lexus people say "oooo". But I know people that have Dodge or Chevy trucks all optioned up and no one says that to them and they paid more! Go Figure huh?

• 2 weeks later...
Maverick,

I recently purchased a pre-owned 07 ES 350 (Smokey Granite) w/ 13,500 miles for $33,500.00, which when it was new the MSRP = $43,989 based on the window sticker, which includes the following options:

o Perforated Leather Trim Interior w/ Memory Driver's and Front Passenger's Seats, Outside Mirrors, Power Tilt/Telescoping Wood Steering Wheel, Panorama Glass Roof, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats, HID Headlamps with AFS, Power Rear Sunshade, Rear Seat Side Airbags, Driver’s Power Cushion Extender, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Bluetooth, 10-Spoke Graphite Wheels with Full Spare Tire

o Generation 5 NAV system with Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Voice-Activation w/ Destination Input, Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio with 14-Speakers, In-Dash 6-Disc DVD/CD Changer and Cassette Player

The car was very meticulously kept and is having a new “rain-sensing” windshield installed by the previous owner (retail cost is $1,100.00).

I just can not justify buying a brand new car anymore, given the fact that I buy a new car about every 2-3 years as it just doesn’t make for sound financial sense and I am not a fan of leasing due to the number of miles I drive each year.

The continued and unfortunate negative press regarding our economy is going to continue to wreak havoc on the US dollar, financial and real estate sectors. The recent housing news is just the tip of the iceberg. The "recession" we are currently faced with and the rising price of gas will continue to drive down prices in the auto industry. I also believe that the housing slump created by the subprime debacle will continue to affect the financial and real estate sectors through 2009. Based on some of the info I have been reading/researching, I am placing my money on a 2010 turnaround. I sure do hope that I am way off base on my personal opinions and we start to see a recovery sooner than 2010.

Wow, you are buying a new car every 2-3 years? That's a lot! What do you do with your old car? Trade in? The last time I bought a brand new car was 2001, I just bought a brand new RX400h again this year, that's 7 years. But I agree with your about buying slightly used car. Brand new car depreciate WAY TOO FAST!

Hey EMP, yep with Nav, panoramic roof, etc. I wasn't sure if I got a good deal or not. But I am happy with the car. You know it's kind of funny...when I say I got a Lexus people say "oooo". But I know people that have Dodge or Chevy trucks all optioned up and no one says that to them and they paid more! Go Figure huh?

I know what you mean. But who would say "ooo" on a Dodge or Chevy these days? More like "eewww" hahaha. I think people started to compare Lexus to only BMW now. Audi, Acura, Infiniti and other luxury brands can't even go toe-to-toe with it.

I think I got a gr8 deal--picking it up Tomorrow.

ES 350 Black on Black, MSRP $44,945 (not including the moulding options i added) w Ultra Lux package, M. Levinson Surround Sound/ full bumper, side wheel moldings Net $40,224

Can't Wait!!

Very good rjt65! Not bad at all! Hey, ilovelexus2007, ha ha! I agree though that comparatively (price, options, comfort, quietness) the Lexus ES is the leader. However, I don't think our Lexus has the handling in the corners (or what driver enthusiasts call "performance") can compare to BMW. But for about 10-15K more, I am ok with our ES!

Very good rjt65! Not bad at all! Hey, ilovelexus2007, ha ha! I agree though that comparatively (price, options, comfort, quietness) the Lexus ES is the leader. However, I don't think our Lexus has the handling in the corners (or what driver enthusiasts call "performance") can compare to BMW. But for about 10-15K more, I am ok with our ES!

After bouncing back and forth with dealers in MD/VA/PA, they finally found me a Black on Black UL in NJ with everything except that Intuitive Cruise Control (does any trim actually come equipped with this?). I haggled some more and got the All-Weather Mats and Rear Spoiler included for free for a total pretax/tags price of $40,925. Total out the door was a few bucks above $43k I believe... not bad I think... considering the B on B UL...

I think I got a gr8 deal--picking it up Tomorrow.

ES 350 Black on Black, MSRP $44,945 (not including the moulding options i added) w Ultra Lux package, M. Levinson Surround Sound/ full bumper, side wheel moldings Net $40,224

Can't Wait!!

Looks like a great deal, make sure you post a picture of it, I want to see!!!

Good luck...300 mile son mine and luvin it. end of month dealing helps a lot. post some pix..... I posted 2 today i have same minus the spoiler, but added the bumper package all aroud.

After bouncing back and forth with dealers in MD/VA/PA, they finally found me a Black on Black UL in NJ with everything except that Intuitive Cruise Control (does any trim actually come equipped with this?). I haggled some more and got the All-Weather Mats and Rear Spoiler included for free for a total pretax/tags price of $40,925. Total out the door was a few bucks above $43k I believe... not bad I think... considering the B on B UL...

Maverick,

Wow, you are buying a new car every 2-3 years? That's a lot! What do you do with your old car? Trade in? The last time I bought a brand new car was 2001, I just bought a brand new RX400h again this year, that's 7 years. But I agree with your about buying slightly used car. Brand new car depreciate WAY TOO FAST!

ILUVLEX -

I am in sales and so I put a lot of miles on my vehicles and I like the upgrades available every 3 years or so! Depends on what I am buying and where I purchase the vehicle from (private vs. dealer). I prefer to sell my old car myself, but it all depends on the new car I want to buy.

I should have mentioned I got the Lexus navigational hover pack with the ultra LUX plus deal, thus i just hovered up in the air a bout 8 feet to take the pix! :lol:

I just did.... in my album...

300 miles and luvin it.....

OOOH, aaaah!!!! Just curious, did you take the over head one from your helicopter? Can we get a picture of that? :lol:

I wonder how much the hover craft option goes for, and does it fit in the trunk.

Well, I got $6K off of mine, so MSRP was $42 and change and I paid $36 and change. Not a UL, but it has Nav and all of those features, parking assist, lip spoiler, etc. I went in during the "September to Remember" and we found a smokey granite (color we wanted) car that was being deliveredshortly. We started negotiating and got down to our final price over a few days (I was dealing with two dealerships in different places in the country). Even though I would have save a few hundred bucks on the car in Florida (dealer is a family friend), I figured that I would go with the local dealer. The travel and drive would more than make up for the difference. When I went to sign the papers it turned out that the car was an 08 instead of an 07! They were not expecting them so soon, and somehow the VIN number with the 08 was not noticed. The finance manager walked out with the paper work to discuss it with whomever he needed to talk to. End of the day, they honored our original deal. We were going to lease it, but then figured that for us, it would be a better deal to buy it since we wanted to keep after the 4 years were done.

But, NavyRican, now that seems to be a great deal! Under $38K for a UL? That's crazy!