Rx300 Clock

Roddy

As above, your car battery may be going bad, It may check good, but trust us, replacing the battery will fix the problem.

I concur= Battery...Let us know here so other members are also informed. :cheers:

I have a 2000 RX300 and almost evertime you turn the ignition off for a while the clock will reset itself to 1:00. Has anyone had this problem and what do I need to do about it. Thanks.:wacko:

If it's a Panasonic battery it is your original battery which is overdue for replacement. Don't waste your time cleaning or checking it, just replace it and your clock problem will go away. The clock reset is the first indication that your battery is failing. The battery will often test good, even load test good at a auto shop. Quality replacement batteries are available from places like Costco for around $50.

I have a 2000 RX300 and almost evertime you turn the ignition off for a while the clock will reset itself to 1:00. Has anyone had this problem and what do I need to do about it. Thanks.:wacko:

If it's a Panasonic battery it is your original battery which is overdue for replacement. Don't waste your time cleaning or checking it, just replace it and your clock problem will go away. The clock reset is the first indication that your battery is failing. The battery will often test good, even load test good at a auto shop. Quality replacement batteries are available from places like Costco for around $50.

Yes, I can confirm the problem is the battery, which needs to be changed. I had the same problem a few weeks back and followed the advice of Lenore (TKU Lenore!), changed the battery and now all is well. Display functions perfectly.-- Good luck. Pauljcl

Yes, I can confirm the problem is the battery, which needs to be changed. I had the same problem a few weeks back and followed the advice of Lenore (TKU Lenore!), changed the battery and now all is well. Display functions perfectly.-- Good luck. Pauljcl

Wait...WAIT...

The poster has said NOTHING about the car not starting reliably....

Starting the engine probably represents the HEAVIEST load the battery will bear.

Wait...WAIT...

Starting the engine probably represents the HEAVIEST load the battery will bear.

The RX clock thing is the first sign that the battery is going. Usually the age of the battery at this point may be another reason to want to replace it. It will still pass a load test and start reliably for quite awhile after that. Most choose not to wait to see how long that actually is. Once you spend $50 for a battery the clock thing is fixed and you are reasonably sure it will start for about another 5 years. Or you can take your chances and wait for that cold night when it will no longer start.

Wait...WAIT...

The RX clock thing is the first sign that the battery is going. Usually the age of the battery at this point may be another reason to want to replace it. It will still pass a load test and start reliably for quite awhile after that. Most choose not to wait to see how long that actually is. Once you spend $50 for a battery the clock thing is fixed and you are reasonably sure it will start for about another 5 years. Or you can take your chances and wait for that cold night when it will no longer start.

Yes, replace the battery and in the process the terminals get CLEANED, along with your pockets.

Clean/burnish the battery posts and connections first, 10 minute job.

Wait...WAIT...

Yes, replace the battery and in the process the terminals get CLEANED, along with your pockets.

Clean/burnish the battery posts and connections first, 10 minute job.

It cost me $40 for a Costco battery. If that's cleaning my pockets I shouldn't be driving a Lexus, even a used one. I did try cleaning the connections without success. But once the battery is over 5 years old and the clock is resetting, it's time to dig real deep in those pockets for $40.

Lexus Engineers actually designed this as a warning feature believe it or not. Most engineers usually make things harder on the mechanics, but this time they got a few things correct. It is designed as an electrical system warning.

Lexus Engineers actually designed this as a warning feature believe it or not. Most engineers usually make things harder on the mechanics, but this time they got a few things correct. It is designed as an electrical system warning.

There was a joke a few years back calling the clock the "Battery Failure, Early Detection System". I am not sure if it is due to a oversensitive clock or the manor in which the original Panasonic battery begins to fail. I may find that with my Costco battery the clock works fine till the day the car no longer starts. I would rather have the clock warn me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem and now that I know I need a new battery, is there anything I should be concerned about when I disconnect the power? Will the computer system need resetting, do I need to have the radio code etc. after installing the battery?

Some shops feed power thru the cigarette lighter during installation. Is this necessary?