Rest Of My Stuff Comes In Today....

flop170

my eibach pro-kit is scheduled for delivery today,so i'm gonna put them on tomorrow... never done it before.. but thanks to smooth1 i have a very good step-by-step with pictures to go by!!!! i'm also gonna paint my calipers while i'm at it!!! and i already put my clear front/rear sidemarkers on..... n e ways..... wish me luck!!!! 1209.gif

<_< hellz yea.... got off work got impatient so i went ahead and painted my calipers... so that's done and drying!! and it's friggin badass!!! ...what sucked tho is it started raining half way through... granted i was in the garage, but the humidity definitely did not help... but i fought it and won!!! went ahead and got all my tools together laid them out all ready for first thing in the morning for the spring install!! i'm excited!!! that's all for now.... going bowling...

matt

all done!!!! finally.... and you wouldn't believe the hell i've been through today.... lol... i broke a ratchet and a 1/2 to 3/8 adapter.... and had to use a friggin torch on one of the bolts for like 10 minutes and use a 24" breaker bar to get the sorry piece of crap out.... anyways that sucks, the rest went pretty smooth.... but i love it!!!! it looks great!!! as soon as the my fiancee gets here with the camera i'll post some pics..... so until then.... ima go eat... peace, love, and a stapler.... i'm out......

all done!!!! finally.... and you wouldn't believe the hell i've been through today.... lol... i broke a ratchet and a 1/2 to 3/8 adapter.... and had to use a friggin torch on one of the bolts for like 10 minutes and use a 24" breaker bar to get the sorry piece of crap out.... anyways that sucks, the rest went pretty smooth.... but i love it!!!! it looks great!!! as soon as the my fiancee gets here with the camera i'll post some pics..... so until then.... ima go eat... peace, love, and a stapler.... i'm out......

195.gif Okay, I'm ready for the slide show......

ok here be the peektures.... and it was raining so deal with it!! lol

post-51082-1188771851_thumb.jpg post-51082-1188771862_thumb.jpg post-51082-1188771869_thumb.jpg post-51082-1188771877_thumb.jpg post-51082-1188771883_thumb.jpg post-51082-1188771892_thumb.jpg

the shower pics of the girl,,very nice. As she gets out of the shower you sneak up and while the camera is rolling you reach out and pull the towel away and snap some nice pics,,,oh wait, wrong relationship.044.gif

Very nice job. Your car is lookin B.A.D. bro. Now when you take it out and your stopped at a light you'll notice people lookin at the calipers. They can't help it. I don't know why they set the car off so well, but they just look sooooo sweet.

So have you driven the car around? How is the ride? How much did you lower the car? Now remember, as the springs "break in" the car will settle more, so if they didn't lower the car as much as you would have hoped, in a few days the car will. So be a little patient. Also, I would take it in in about a 1-2 weeks and have them do a four whell alignment just to make sure the camber is corrected and so fourth.

Great job, man, seriously. Very nice.

thanks!!!!! i couldn't have done it without your help.... i really really appreciate it btw!!!! :cheers: ...and i was wondering about the lowering thing.... it dropped almost an inch..... and the ride..... to be honest i'd say is actually smoother than stock.... if that even makes sense.... but yet with the whole stiffer when turning..... i like it!! i really do... i was out playing afterwards in the rain.... just like from the movie cars..... turn right to turn left..... :ph34r: bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha....... oh and i did it different than the instructions you gave me on the front..... instead of taking the sway bar and all that off.... i just unbolted the bottom of the ball joint i think is what it is and just moved it out of the way and pulled out the strut.... don't know if that was easier or not..... but i didn't have a 5mm allen wrench... lol... of all the things not to have.... i had the 6 for the back but no 5..... lol.... but anyways it's done.... thanks again!!!! now for some go fast stuff!!! :pirate:

the shower pics of the girl,,very nice. As she gets out of the shower you sneak up and while the camera is rolling you reach out and pull the towel away and snap some nice pics,,,oh wait, wrong relationship.

Oh for the love of God.....

6484.jpg

thanks!!!!! i couldn't have done it without your help.... i really really appreciate it btw!!!! :cheers: ...and i was wondering about the lowering thing.... it dropped almost an inch..... and the ride..... to be honest i'd say is actually smoother than stock.... if that even makes sense.... but yet with the whole stiffer when turning..... i like it!! i really do... i was out playing afterwards in the rain.... just like from the movie cars..... turn right to turn left..... :ph34r: bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha....... oh and i did it different than the instructions you gave me on the front..... instead of taking the sway bar and all that off.... i just unbolted the bottom of the ball joint i think is what it is and just moved it out of the way and pulled out the strut.... don't know if that was easier or not..... but i didn't have a 5mm allen wrench... lol... of all the things not to have.... i had the 6 for the back but no 5..... lol.... but anyways it's done.... thanks again!!!! now for some go fast stuff!!! :pirate:
thanks!!!!! i couldn't have done it without your help.... i really really appreciate it btw!!!!

Really, it was no problem. I hope lots of people come to my thread and get great ideas and put the info together and modify their car. Remember, it's just another IS 300 until you make it your own.

wondering about the lowering thing.... it dropped almost an inch..... and the ride..... to be honest i'd say is actually smoother than stock.... if that even makes sense.... but yet with the whole stiffer when turning..... i like it!! i really do...

The car will settle in about a week or so. You'll gert your full inch, maybe a quarter more. The Eibachs use a progressive coil tech. It's like I try to tell everyone, stock is so middle of the road, mid grade stuff, you just don't realize. The springs you just put on for 300 bucks is 5 times better than stock springs. But remember later on, you have lower springs and not a full performance suspension. Be careful when you decide on the go fast stuff. Hard accelerations, hard braking and hard turning will take their toll very quickly. So you'll need to upgrade the shocks, or you'll over stress the springs and "tink".

oh and i did it different than the instructions you gave me on the front..... instead of taking the sway bar and all that off.... i just unbolted the bottom of the ball joint i think is what it is and just moved it out of the way and pulled out the strut.... don't know if that was easier or not.....

whatever works man. The results are all that matter. Probably would have been a little easier, but your done now!!!!

but i didn't have a 5mm allen wrench... lol... of all the things not to have.... i had the 6 for the back but no 5.....

How could you not have a 5? what is wrong with you? I'm shaking my head as I'm typing this. no 5 mm. NO 5 MM!!! I hope youv'e already gone or are going very soon to the store to correct that deficiency. And that you have goone through the rest of the required tool manifest and noted any other "voids" so this never happens again. 499.gif

I'm so kidding with ya. My dad and I once pulled the heads off his mustang to redo the valves, got allthe way thru to realize that we had no torque wrench. ( Jeff had barrowed it the week before, and the other one was crap.) This normally wouldn't be a big deal, accept that he lives an hour from the nearest store that carries tools. It was 9:30 at night, we had to be at the track at 8 in the morning!!! So we ended up going the next morning and getting a new torque wrench and I put the valves and heads back together in the trailer as he drove to the track. Once we got there, he helped finish. Not a fun morning!!! Do you know how hard it is to torque down rocker arms and make sure everything is correct with the light bouncing all over the place and everything moving around and stuff??

the things we do for love.

• 4 months later...
my eibach pro-kit is scheduled for delivery today,so i'm gonna put them on tomorrow... never done it before.. but thanks to smooth1 i have a very good step-by-step with pictures to go by!!!! i'm also gonna paint my calipers while i'm at it!!! and i already put my clear front/rear sidemarkers on..... n e ways..... wish me luck!!!! 1209.gif

any chance those step-by-step directions with pictures could be shared?!?

thanks,

brosnibean