Favourite Champagne

Cory

Wanna be a balla...  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which is superior?

• Cristal
    • Dom Perignon

@$150.00 a bottle It is everything a true champagne should be, Dry, Crisp, Bubbly, The bottles are hand painted, The Finest in my book.

Sounds perfect!

um coke?

im underaged :)

Good - no underage drinking please.

Perrier-Jouet Fleur

dcfish, you have outdone yourself with this selection. The Italian chef years must have been good!

Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque 1996 Champagne. Was one of the best Vintage Champagnes ever.

You see, Perrier -Jouet reviews the grapes each year. And once in a very rare year, the harvest is considered so excellent, that he declares a vintage Cuv'ee Fleur de Champagne that year. 1996 was that year. My dad brought a bottle.....the bubbles just melt in your mouth like silk.

Cristal and Dom are good, but I think they just have mass class appeal.

Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque 1996 Champagne. Was one of the best Vintage Champagnes ever.

So, you're sending me a bottle to try then. Right?

the bubbles just melt in your mouth like silk.

OMG... I never knew that silk melted like that. Weird....

@$150.00 a bottle It is everything a true champagne should be, Dry, Crisp, Bubbly, The bottles are hand painted, The Finest in my book.

Ditto that.

Dom, although good, is somewhat overrated and Cristal (good too) has too many negative connotations in my book now that the Rap set has glorified it.\

I think for general drinking (when you don't want to shell out $100+ per bottle) that Veuve Cliquot yellow label brut is decent and readily available.

There are tons of small Champagne houses all over the region in France producing top tier quality bottlings that we'll never get to see or taste here in the US as their production numbers are so limited. I was fortunate enough to tase a few last time I was in France (but not smart enough to bring some back). I've also had some decent sparklers from the new world.

Perrier-Jouet Fleur

dcfish, you have outdone yourself with this selection. The Italian chef years must have been good!

You see, Perrier -Jouet reviews the grapes each year. And once in a very rare year, the harvest is considered so excellent, that he declares a vintage Cuv'ee Fleur de Champagne that year. 1996 was that year. My dad brought a bottle.....the bubbles just melt in your mouth like silk.

Cristal and Dom are good, but I think they just have mass class appeal.

Thanks smooth1, I have the opportunity to taste anything on the market. In fact I have a wine tasting @4:00 today, We are rebuilding our wine menu and I am always willing to participate. I will push for a wider champagne selection for sure.