Why Do Guys Refer To Cars As "she"?

Rya

I'll see what the video looks like..... we we're taped for 2 tv stations. GOD I hope it didn't suck!!! If it's ok, I'll post (eventually). Let me know if you post your martial arts. :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll see what the video looks like..... we we're taped for 2 tv stations. GOD I hope it didn't suck!!! If it's ok, I'll post (eventually). Let me know if you post your martial arts. :D

Ladies first! :whistles: :whistles: :whistles:

• 2 weeks later...

I read this post a few days ago and have had to have some time to think about it before giving an answer. So here goes, I hope the limb I'm about to climb out on doesn't break.

I consider myself a passionate enthusiast. Cars have allways had a special place in my interests. I can't tell you how many times my imagination has created the most awsome car ever, only to go to an auto show and find even better cars in real life just blowing my mind. I would take all these new ideas and gather them together to conjure up an even better dream car, allways torn between real world usability and the extreme. You want more, but, you don't want to give up anything for it. Allways seems to be the biggest challenge. And as time goes by I have gotten to know my car inside and out. almost bolt for bolt, to the point where the reference " it" just seems to not be able to display correctly the passion I have for all the work I have done to get this car to be mine. Unique. Many people have an IS 300. But no one has mine. And somewhere in that passion mixed with imagination and work, you feel as if you have breathed a bit of life into it. Now, no straight guy I know wants to have a passionate, and imaginative relationship with another male, so the obvious is "She".

My quick example is this, have you ever approached your vehicle from an angle that when you looked at it you said to yourself "WOW, that's a great looking ride!!!" ? Of course you have. Just like when you were at the beach or someplace and a very attractive person of the opposite s*x walked by and you thought to yourself" WOW, now that's hot!!" We all know that human kind is a very sexual based exisistance. We are the only ones in nature to have s*x without the sole purpose of procreation, and do it for fun and because it feels good. So I think we tend to assign s*x to alot of things we are passionate about.

BTW, my wife and my car are the to sexiest things I get the previlage of looking at whenever I want. And I work on my relationship with both, I compromise with extreme for real world living with both, I try to provide the best for both, they both cost alot of money and require regular maintenance, and I try to drive them both as often as I can. LOL!!!!!!

So, do I need to go and see a counselor ??? :blink:

Nooooo!!! I loved your explination! To meet people who are passionate and excited about anything is great. Several guys have suggested some very sweet reasons why they refer to their cars as "she" such as things of beauty, etc. No one has refered to "driving" them yet, but I get your point. Hehe! ;) Thanks for the thought provoking answer.

Now, I need a drink (and it's only 9am!) :cheers:

Nooooo!!! I loved your explination! To meet people who are passionate and excited about anything is great. Several guys have suggested some very sweet reasons why they refer to their cars as "she" such as things of beauty, etc. No one has refered to "driving" them yet, but I get your point. Hehe! ;) Thanks for the thought provoking answer.

Now, I need a drink (and it's only 9am!) :cheers:

The reason I call my cars "She" is because they are both dressed in black and are wearing black leather on the inside, I treat them like best friends (after all they aren't human) I maintain them (although not high maintenance :cheers: ) and they are always ready to go ;) I feed them well with the best (car food, gas, oil etc...) And in return they treat me well. I love my cars :blushing:

Yeah, it's beer :30 someplace in the world.

I don't know if I could do a beer this early, but any type of fruity "girlie" drink that was like drinking juice would work. Or a margarita - I could drink a margarita at any time of day. :cheers:

Maybe a baileys and rum coffee with a redbull chaser!!!!! :snoooorrrtttt:

OMG! As I'm not a caffine person, this would would be a bit too much turbo power for me. I'm sure my co-workers wouldn't want me on this much caffine either!

Yeah, I love a good kick start in the morning. Not that I do island coffee's with redbull chaser's. But I do like a large coffee in the morning and the new diet Pespi Max is pretty good stuff.

Yeah, it's beer :30 someplace in the world.

It's always beer:30 , 2 days off and I'm going to catch up on some beer time today. Started a new position and this is my first break :cheers::cheers::cheers: Have one on me :cheers:

(If you read some of my posts I'll add "You owe me a beer :cheers: " So there is plenty to go around ;)

Yeah, I love a good kick start in the morning. Not that I do island coffee's with redbull chaser's. But I do like a large coffee in the morning and the new diet Pespi Max is pretty good stuff.

Wow..... that's alot of kick. I'm needing a nap just thinking about the crash from the juice wearing off.

It's always beer:30 , 2 days off and I'm going to catch up on some beer time today. Started a new position and this is my first break :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Have one on me :cheers:

Yippee! I hope you have a great day! My vacation count down has started.... 8 days and counting. I only work half a day on Monday (have to get registered for school!). I just need to get through tomorrow, leaving the house at 6:30 a.m. to get to Columbus, dance competition, turn around and go home. All of this for 3 minutes.... Then the drinking can begin (after I get home).

The pepsi max is to sustain the energy for the day, I usually start drinking it around noon.

So your into competetive dance? Is there a type of dance you want to do? Is this a career thing or hobby?

The pepsi max is to sustain the energy for the day, I usually start drinking it around noon.

Necessary when you get close to the big birthday??

So your into competetive dance? Is there a type of dance you want to do? Is this a career thing or hobby?

Not so much into the competitive stuff, this is our groups first one & I've been with them for 4 years. We mainly do community & school stuff (recitals). It's a hobby (there are 5 part time teachers & the director/owner of the school), but it's quite a commitment. I teach one or two classes a week, perform with 2 groups , moderate our tribe on tribe.net, travel to seminars & shows (plus I have a f/t job & family - jeesh!). It's going to have to die down a bit, I'm going back to school in September & can't do everything! :blink: