Need To Wake This Forum Up!

rickgus

No offense all, but this place is just a bit sleepy <_< I'm used to forums that have pretty active discussions going on. A nice place, nice format, nice folks, good tech info. But let's recruit, or something! :cheers:

No offense all, but this place is just a bit sleepy <_< I'm used to forums that have pretty active discussions going on. A nice place, nice format, nice folks, good tech info. But let's recruit, or something! :cheers:

Good Morning, I'm awake and perfectly content with the forums. Please explain in great detail your plans for recruiting personal for active member participation. TIA :cheers:

i agree, infact many others agree as well. the problem is that its really just the regulars on here, and new people that join usually dont stay for too long. we need a public relations group ;)

Rx330driver, You have been officially deemed Head of LOC Public Relations. Congrats :cheers::lol::lol::lol:

rickgus, Of course. :lol:

Just what I need..........more vices! :D

I've been involved with 4 Mercedes forums, one Audi forum, a Subie forum, and a Ford Truck forum. They've all been different experiences. I still hang out over at http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/index.php some, as I've made a lot of friends there, even though my Benz is on the block. The Audi forum was pretty fun, too. It just takes a few motor mouths(like me) to be obnoxious enough to keep SOMETHING going, and soon others will start hanging around more. B) This place has a nice atmoshpere, so I'll hang here until I'm chased away :P I always strive to never knowingly offend anyone, as I'm of the opinion that people can learn to disagree without being disagreeable. Doesn't always work, but it's worth trying. The gang at Mercedesshop are pretty well divided as to politics and religion, so those discussions can get kinda rough, but the mods keep a lid on it. (I've seen lotsa guys get banned)

So, let's mix it up, eh?! :cheers:

Man what happened to yu on the Ford forum? I am there but feel like I am dealing with a lot of the union crowd, stuck on a dead end product, nice truck, but bad quality for reliability... There are definetly some nice guys that know there stuff, but boy If you bash the quality you are in for trouble....

yeah, I know what you mean. I was there a couple years ago, mostly because my son and I were going to do a resto job on my dad's '67 that he bought new. Long story short, the truck is gone, and I didn't really need too much other info. I do have a '97 F150, but knock on wood, it's been a fairly decent truck so far. Not great, but it's gotten me there and back, so to speak.

Sad, but true. My dad was a Ford guy, his dad was a Ford guy, I WAS a Ford guy, you know the routine. BUT.......

I've owned a little of something from just about everything, when it comes to cars(domestic). They all have their good and bad. I guess they're better than they were 15-20 years ago, but still not keeping pace. I kinda switched over to German some 10 or 12 years ago when I had a '82 Audi 5000 given to me. Ran the wheels off of it, gave it to my daughter, she drove it a couple years, then she sold it. It's still running around in our old home town, I guess. I had 4 more Audi's after it, and loved most of them. But you have to be good at fixing electrical issues to keep them on the road. Those old slant 5-cylinder engines are indestructable though.

Then had a smattering of old Mercedes, 3 of them diesels. Those ARE indestructable!! But you need patience to pull out in traffic.

But it '96 we decided to buy a nice shiney new Chrysler(Cirrus). MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Japan won me over. And here I'll stay, I guess. I still like German cars, but I think they may have fallen even further behind in quality than american cars in alot of ways. If I spend $25k on a Ford, well, ok. I can forgive an issue or 2. But when you spend something like $50k for a car, it shouldn't break!

That new Saturn is getting pretty good reviews. And it's the best looking thing they've come out with yet. It was on my shopping list, until I decided not to buy new. Maybe the next go around.

The biggest problem with volume of posts on this Lexus forum is there are not enough problems ( not that i am complaining) . The threads that are around are the same usual problem issues popping up all the time . Otherwise it is some weird one that no one has ever heard of caused by some sort of damage. So it is the usual repair or a modifications that fills most of the forums .

This forum is mainly based on older members with older cars and repairs. CL on the other hand is younger members looking to modify there rides.

You are absolutely right, old folgies here and young one on the other site. Love both sites however, and yes I will never buy another Ford, or Domestic....

The biggest problem with volume of posts on this Lexus forum is there are not enough problems ( not that i am complaining) . The threads that are around are the same usual problem issues popping up all the time . Otherwise it is some weird one that no one has ever heard of caused by some sort of damage. So it is the usual repair or a modifications that fills most of the forums .

That applies to the specific tech sections. But I guess what I'm whining about is this "General Discussions" section. This is where you let your hair down, and get to know each other. Toss around random ideas about life, quantum physics, why the sky is blue.................. B)

has something to do with the atmostphere...must have missed that class...

anywhoo, i dont think im that old...haha. I gotta start acting my age. Who knows where i can get a xenon conversion kit for cheap and an HKS exhaust for my RX while im at it. im thinking out 30% tint too, in the front even though its illegal, but i dont care cause im young.

• 2 weeks later...