Driver Side Power Locks Not Working

*Want to make a correction about my subject name - It is not the entire side that is not working, it is just the Front Driver Side Door, aka the door that matters most*

I have a 2000 GS300.

All of a sudden today, when I went to unlock my car in the morning, I heard the double-beep but no tail light flashes. So, I try opening my driver door to find that it is still locked. Try my remote again, still not working. So I go back inside, grab my other key, and it still doesn't work. So I manually open my door, and go inside to investigate further. When I tried locking the car doors by pressing the lock button, all other doors except the driver door locked. Same thing with unlocking. I tried resetting my battery and I checked out the fuses. All to no avail.

Another thing - usually when my headlights are on, and I hit the lock button on my key twice, the headlights will turn off. However, now they will not.

Like I said my first guess was fuse, but that checked out alright.

Anyone ever had a problem like this with this car? I have never heard of a power lock going out like this.

P.S. I want to avoid taking my car to the dealer if possible because they seem to overcharge for every little thing.

sounds strange, maybe the lock actuator is unplugged, broken? I would remove the door panel and investigate further. Hopefully it's not an electrical problem, although timight be since you were expiriencing other problems when locking/unlocking.

Doja, I am having the same problem with my front passenger door. I hadn't driven the car for a week, when I went to lock the doors there was no light flash or chirp. I figured the CBEST setting had changed after not touching the car for so long and the battery had become weak. I then noticed after I would lock the car witht the FOB, I would hear it unlock. That was the passenger door. I messed with the inside lock mechanism manually, and it started working. Then on Monday it was not working again. I was a little frustrated last night, so when I locked it I held the button down a little longer, which seemed to not let the door unlock iteslf again...the lights flashed and the alarm chirped. I know this isn't a long term thing, but it made me feel better! I am guessing the actuator is failing. This has had to happen to someone else, hasn't it???

Doja, I am having the same problem with my front passenger door. I hadn't driven the car for a week, when I went to lock the doors there was no light flash or chirp. I figured the CBEST setting had changed after not touching the car for so long and the battery had become weak. I then noticed after I would lock the car witht the FOB, I would hear it unlock. That was the passenger door. I messed with the inside lock mechanism manually, and it started working. Then on Monday it was not working again. I was a little frustrated last night, so when I locked it I held the button down a little longer, which seemed to not let the door unlock iteslf again...the lights flashed and the alarm chirped. I know this isn't a long term thing, but it made me feel better! I am guessing the actuator is failing. This has had to happen to someone else, hasn't it???

It's becoming quite a hassle as it is making my alarm non-functional. I've pulled it apart but I'm not an electrical genius. I'm about to give in and take it to the dealer. I need some belts replaced anyways.

I'm having the exact same problem. In fact, I was just getting ready to create a post about this issue until I found this one. Have you taken your car in to the stealership yet? If so, what did they say it was and how much did it end up costing?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm just reading your post today and amazingly I am having the exact problem with my lexus es 300

My issue is that the driver side lock will not disengage with the remote or from the outside or from the inside. In other words the door is stucked in the locked position and I have to enter from the passenger side. The problem is about 2 days old and my investigation so far seem to suggest a problem with the locking mechanism. I have contacted a lexus mechanic and he mentioned that he has seen this before and the problem is due to a broken spring. Apparently to fix this at the dealer may involve removing the door skin from the outside to get to the lock(since door can't be opened) and this will run me at least $1000. Canadian.

I am hoping that is not the case.

Have you had any luck in resolving this issue?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Haven't had any spare time to take my car into the dealer yet to have them look at it. I'm thinking it's just an actuator and I might try to replace it myself.

Your problem is a little more severe than mine. :pirate: My door actually opens fortunately I just have to manually unlock it.

Haven't had any spare time to take my car into the dealer yet to have them look at it. I'm thinking it's just an actuator and I might try to replace it myself.

Your problem is a little more severe than mine. :pirate: My door actually opens fortunately I just have to manually unlock it.

Doja, This will help you..................

You owe me a beer :cheers:

door_locks_gs.pdf

Your problem is a little more severe than mine.:pirate: My door actually opens fortunately I just have to manually unlock it.

Doja, This will help you..................

You owe me a beer :cheers:

WOW! :cheers: This is awesome! Thank you! Now... do you wanna do it for me? jk! It looks complicated. I almost want to say to hell with doing it myself, I'll just pay someone... it seems very time consuming - something that I don't have much of. :P

Great help though. At least now I know what I'll be getting myself into if I do it myself. Thanks again!

P.S. This should be a sticky (if it's not already). Sounds like I'm not the only one with this problem. :\

• 1 month later...
I'll give this a try some time soon. Thanks for the help.

menappi -

Were you able to put the aftermarket actuator in without making any other changes and it works with the stock system OK? I have a drivers side out and would be more than willing to tackle that to save $350.

Thanks

Chad

• 1 month later...
*Want to make a correction about my subject name - It is not the entire side that is not working, it is just the Front Driver Side Door, aka the door that matters most*

I have a 2000 GS300.

All of a sudden today, when I went to unlock my car in the morning, I heard the double-beep but no tail light flashes. So, I try opening my driver door to find that it is still locked. Try my remote again, still not working. So I go back inside, grab my other key, and it still doesn't work. So I manually open my door, and go inside to investigate further. When I tried locking the car doors by pressing the lock button, all other doors except the driver door locked. Same thing with unlocking. I tried resetting my battery and I checked out the fuses. All to no avail.

Another thing - usually when my headlights are on, and I hit the lock button on my key twice, the headlights will turn off. However, now they will not.

Like I said my first guess was fuse, but that checked out alright.

Anyone ever had a problem like this with this car? I have never heard of a power lock going out like this.

P.S. I want to avoid taking my car to the dealer if possible because they seem to overcharge for every little thing.

This problem is becoming more common. See my response regarding someone else who has listed this problem on the most recent page of this blog.

My car is a 2003 GS 430.

Mercer