Stereo Display Burned Out On '00 300, How To Replace?

Thanks DCFISH. Received replacement display last week and installed today. Works great! My radio did look different than the one in your instructions but the instructions were close enough that the entire job took less than an hour. Thanks again!

Your welcome :cheers: Happy that I could help out.

DCFISH, I HAVE A '01 GS300 AND MY RADIO DISPLAY LIGHT HAS BEEN OUT FOR 2 YEARS ALREADY. IT'S ONLY THE BULB, BECAUSE I CAN STILL SEE THE CHANNELS DURING THE DAYTIME. NEVERTHELESS, IT IS SUCH A PAIN. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP ME FIX THIS PROBLEM. PLEASE EMAIL ME PRICE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE KIT...THANKS! MY EMAIL IS: KENNETHWJEW72@MSN.COM

Hi DCFISH,

I've a 99 GS300 and the radio LCD display is out. Please inform me the price at rigaway@hotmail.com Thanks!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 98 GS 300 that has a CD changer in the glove box. Photo attached. I too would like to replace the display on my radio. Can you send me instructions first so that I can determine if I feel comfortable replacing it?

stuff at gomc dot com

Stereo.jpg

Hi. DCFISH or anyone else.... I am in need of a replacement LCD Display for the stock pioneer radio (see picture in post above) for my 2000 lexus gs400. The display's backlight is ok, but can't make out the text anymore of what comes up on the screen. please advise. my email addy is kevcasey@aol.com.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi DCFISH - I have a 2000 GS300 with burnt out LCD display. :cries: Please email me with cost at screwie88 @ yahoo.com (delete spaces in email address). Can you please let me know how are the display is to change..and I'm assuming that this includes detail instructions... Thank you!!!! Sue

Received the LCD from DCFISH. Installed it today with my hubby. Pictures helped tremendously. Thanks DSFISH!!!! :D

I'm a newbie, so I have my fingers crossed that this post hits the proper place.

I have an 1999 LS400 with the Premium Stereo and in-dash 6-CD changer. I have a couple of issues I need help with.

1) Parts of the LCD are no longer showing up. I would like to repair/replace it, but I have no clue how to do this. Help!

2) I would like be able to connect an MP3 Player (Zen, IPOD clone) to play through the system, but again, have no clue how to accomplish this. Help!

My apologies if this has been covered ad nauseum.

Thanks,

John

tt.tune@yahoo.com

Your very welcome :cheers:

Hello dcfish,

Do you have the replacement LCDs for a 1999 ls400? Please email me at tt.tune at yahoo dot com.

Thanks,

John

Yes, I have the LCD's for 1995-2000 ls400's, EM sent :cheers:

Hello Dcfish,

I am a new member to the forum. I have a 2001 Lexus GS300. I am not quite sure of the stereo that comes with it but it is stock. Help would be appreciated. I am having the same sort of problem. My radio displays information, however the backlight is out. All of the other lights work on the center console except that stereo lcd. how can i fix it? please advise. you can email info on whats needed and price at rahjova_cc@yahoo.com.

Thanks again in advance. peace.

I have a 2000 GS 300, no major problems, but recently the bulbs/LEDs that back light the stereo LCD burned out. I am not familiar on how to disassemble the stereo in the GS, so I do not know what actually lights it, but I was hoping I could replace it myself. And I ideas on how to get the face plate off and what is behind there would be greatly appreciated. I read elsewhere that it is surface mount LEDs which back light LCD displays, but am not sure if this is true in my case. Thanks in advance.

I have a GS300 2001. Formaly it belonged to my son. He had the same problem and relpaced the LCD display him self. To remove the Radio pull out you ashtry assembly to gain

access to two screws on the bottom of the radio. This should get you started. Give me a few days and I'll get more detail from my son and also where he got the replacement display

I have a 2000 GS 300, no major problems, but recently the bulbs/LEDs that back light the stereo LCD burned out. I am not familiar on how to disassemble the stereo in the GS, so I do not know what actually lights it, but I was hoping I could replace it myself. And I ideas on how to get the face plate off and what is behind there would be greatly appreciated. I read elsewhere that it is surface mount LEDs which back light LCD displays, but am not sure if this is true in my case. Thanks in advance.

Ihave a GS300 2001. Formally it belonged to my son. He had the same problem and relpaced the LCD display himself. To remove the Radio pull out you ashtry assembly to gain

access to two screws on the bottom of the radio. This should get you started. Give me a few days and I'll get more detail from my son and also where he got the replacement display

• 2 weeks later...

Do you need the lcd display ? I may have them.

Hey, new to the board here. Do you still have any of these? I just picked up my GS today and the radio is having this issue

thanks

REB,

I just replaced mine, 99 GS-300 yesterday, got the display from dcfish and replaced it myself in less than 25 minutes start to finish, instructions were included. I'm pretty mechanically inclined needed a phillips screwdriver, 10mm. socket. It's actually pretty easy all for $140. If you need help let me know, I can walk you through it. You just need to get the LCD display from dcfish (he's a really good guy) and I received the display in couple of days. Sent payment through paypal.

Regards,

Blaise

REB,

I just replaced mine, 99 GS-300 yesterday, got the display from dcfish and replaced it myself in less than 25 minutes start to finish, instructions were included. I'm pretty mechanically inclined needed a phillips screwdriver, 10mm. socket. It's actually pretty easy all for $140. If you need help let me know, I can walk you through it. You just need to get the LCD display from dcfish (he's a really good guy) and I received the display in couple of days. Sent payment through paypal.

Regards,

Blaise

$140 for burned out 25 cent LED? I'm wondering if it is possible to disassemble the display unit to replace the burned out LED. Would another 25 minutes worth of labor allow someone to unsolder the bad LED and replace it? Is it a sealed unit or is the LED mounted to a circuit board that could be soldered (like your cell phone). Anyone want to post a picture of what the display unit internals look like? (not trying to take business away from dcfish, not everyone would be willing to take it to the next step, but $140 for a burned out LED is more than I'd want to spend. Don't have a burned out display yet but seems like a lot of 2001 are writing in).

REB,

Regards,

Blaise

$140 for burned out 25 cent LED? I'm wondering if it is possible to disassemble the display unit to replace the burned out LED. Would another 25 minutes worth of labor allow someone to unsolder the bad LED and replace it? Is it a sealed unit or is the LED mounted to a circuit board that could be soldered (like your cell phone). Anyone want to post a picture of what the display unit internals look like? (not trying to take business away from dcfish, not everyone would be willing to take it to the next step, but $140 for a burned out LED is more than I'd want to spend. Don't have a burned out display yet but seems like a lot of 2001 are writing in).

If it were that easy I would do repairs rather than replacements. It is a LCD not a LED. ;) Owners used to replace the entire headunit when there LCD burnt out for a considerable amount of $ more.