Stereo Display Burned Out On '00 300, How To Replace?

dcfish

i have same proplem with 98 gs lcd display i can't read some the numbers.

and i am looking 2 replase it so please if you have the instraction for how to replase it let me know please.

saad

b_2_b_@hotmail.com

Hey guys, I have everything except the ls400 displays. PM me so I can keep everyone's car/year in order. I will get back to you this evening or when I receive the PM.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

DCFISH - I have the same problems - I have a 99 GS300 with 6 disc cd changer. Everything works fine except for the LCD radio display. It sounds like I need to replace the LCD on the radio. I seen the post on how to get the radio out and it doesn't seem like a very difficult task. Could you please email me the cost of an LCD replacement screen My email is weertskw@lilly.com

i had the same problem with my 99 gs300 the dealer said it would cost 500 to replace so i just got a new head unit with satellite radio and paid less than half the cost. The only problem is that the the wood trim didnt fit properly around the new unit. I ended up with some free space that actually came in handy without ruining the look of the interior.

Hello DCFish,

I am a new user.

The LCD screen for the stock stereo with 6 disc changer in my 2000 GS300 doesn't display anything anymore. Will your replacement kit fix it? Is it easy to swap? Please email me the price and more information, I am very interested. My email is jjsarcol@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Hello DCFish,

I am a new user.

The LCD screen for the stock stereo with 6 disc changer in my 2000 GS300 doesn't display anything anymore. Will your replacement kit fix it? Is it easy to swap? Please email me the price and more information, I am very interested. My email is jjsarcol@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Check your email :cheers:

Replacement is the only way. Do you want one ?

DCFISH,

I am also looking for as replacement LCD display for my 1999 GS400 with Pioneer radio. I have the ability to replace it myself.

Please give me the price and availability. My address is jessie.ramsey@navy.mil Can you also send a response to gserep111@yahoo.com as well? I have 2 email addresses and I need to check both of them from time to time.

This should not too hard to do if I had the instructions.

Thanks

GSEREP1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a 2000 GS 300, no major problems, but recently the bulbs/LEDs that back light the stereo LCD burned out. I am not familiar on how to disassemble the stereo in the GS, so I do not know what actually lights it, but I was hoping I could replace it myself. And I ideas on how to get the face plate off and what is behind there would be greatly appreciated. I read elsewhere that it is surface mount LEDs which back light LCD displays, but am not sure if this is true in my case. Thanks in advance.

Do you need the lcd display ? I may have them.

How can I obtain an LCD I have a 2000 GS300 with almost all of the pixels burned out? email is andymannv@yahoo.com

Interested as well. '99 GS300. Changer in glove box w/tape deck. Not sure which radio it is. Kinda new to this,just got the car. Thanks!!!

LCD display can only partialy be seen.

resvtec @ hotmail . com

(remove spaces ;) )

• 2 weeks later...
Hello DCFish,

I am a new user.

Check your email :cheers:

Hello dcfish,

Wanted to know if you are still supplying replacement lcd displays. Radio and lcd works fine,think its just the bulb that lights the display up.I have a 01 GS300.

my email is salpirwani@yahoo.com

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi DCFISH - I have a 2000 GS300 with burnt out LCD display. :cries: Please email me with cost at screwie88 @ yahoo.com (delete spaces in email address). Can you please let me know how are the display is to change..and I'm assuming that this includes detail instructions... Thank you!!!! Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks DCFISH. Received replacement display last week and installed today. Works great! My radio did look different than the one in your instructions but the instructions were close enough that the entire job took less than an hour. Thanks again!

Thanks DCFISH. Received replacement display last week and installed today. Works great! My radio did look different than the one in your instructions but the instructions were close enough that the entire job took less than an hour. Thanks again!

Your welcome :cheers: Happy that I could help out.

Your welcome :cheers: Happy that I could help out.

DCFISH, I HAVE A '01 GS300 AND MY RADIO DISPLAY LIGHT HAS BEEN OUT FOR 2 YEARS ALREADY. IT'S ONLY THE BULB, BECAUSE I CAN STILL SEE THE CHANNELS DURING THE DAYTIME. NEVERTHELESS, IT IS SUCH A PAIN. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP ME FIX THIS PROBLEM. PLEASE EMAIL ME PRICE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE KIT...THANKS! MY EMAIL IS: KENNETHWJEW72@MSN.COM