New C Class (w204) Revealed

Rx330driver

I know you guys probably dont care about the poor mans benz, but i think the outside looks great. the inside still needs work, looks very cheap. However, still worth looking at, or maybe a test drive in the spring. Its on the list for my next car. :whistles:

http://www.autospies.com/news/Spies-hit-th...coverage-11791/

Not bad. Its actually kinda retro, not sure how I feel about that. The new CL is kinda retro too...

Which is weird because the S class is not at all...

The interior looks straight out of a Chrysler Sebring.

Geezz, did you guys read some of those postings? That kid "Lexusispos" sounds like a real winner! I haven't been over to the MB forums in years, but I can imagine if I posted up "Lexus owner here...what cha' think about that?" I can imagine I'd get booo'd out the front door. Hahaha..

I think the best posting was this one from Bembo:

"Daimler Chrysler must have walked by and tripped and spilled it cheapness onto the C class interior."

I also dig this chic. The caption should read "Cats; I like to eat cats"

post-15797-1169225609_thumb.jpg

Or: "Oh my GOD, I shouldn't of taken that second hit! Who in the hell invited Barney the dinasor to this thing?"

Or: "Rich man in a Mercedes...hello big boy! "

Or: "I'm about to drop my lunch! Damn !Removed! dog!!"

There certain differences between any two cars hand picked from the same “category” of cars in this case Luxury Sedans. Since they are built by different manufactures there is always price variation, which makes one more appealing than the other. Price is a main factor but is certainly not the utmost determining factor when comparing two vehicles, especially when comparing S-Class to LS to 7-series.

There certain differences between any two cars hand picked from the same “category” of cars in this case Luxury Sedans. Since they are built by different manufactures there is always price variation, which makes one more appealing than the other. Price is a main factor but is certainly not the utmost determining factor when comparing two vehicles, especially when comparing S-Class to LS to 7-series.

After scrolling through the unnecessary pictures, the C-class looks very appealing. Judging from the pictures, my verdict is that the 07 IS350 wins in every aspect, at most it looks more appealing than the 3-series.

Geezz, did you guys read some of those postings? That kid "Lexusispos" sounds like a real winner! I haven't been over to the MB forums in years, but I can imagine if I posted up "Lexus owner here...what cha' think about that?" I can imagine I'd get booo'd out the front door. Hahaha..
In all fairness, there are just as many people in the Lexus forums that would say the same things about Mercedes or any other nonToyota brand.
The E-class is comparable to the ES.
How so? The E class and ES350 are completely different cars. The GS is Lexus's E class competitor.

Here is a much better link to the pics of the C class:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsi...-class-revealed

I like the new C class; it looks pretty sharp. The headlights with the little eyelids are reminiscent of BMW which is sad because MBs are usually very distinct. The interior looks great too. I'd get whatever model comes with the hood ornament! B)

der...im just saying that both the ES and the C class have bad dashes. But the C class is worse

Why do you think the ES350 has a bad dash?

In all fairness, there are just as many people in the Lexus forums that would say the same things about Mercedes or any other nonToyota brand.

Not here, I would never let it stand ;)

How so? The E class and ES350 are completely different cars. The GS is Lexus's E class competitor.

The ES is kind of a weird model and none of Lexus' competitors really have a similar model. It does not really compete with the 3 series or the G35, but it kinda does the C class. It also kind of competes with the E class (similar in size). The GS also competes with the E class obviously.

QUOTE(Rx330driver @ Jan 19 2007, 08:12 PM)

der...im just saying that both the ES and the C class have bad dashes. But the C class is worse

Why do you think the ES350 has a bad dash?

i thought you agreed with me on this one. That black material they use on top of the dash is too grainy and hard. Its nothing like the ones found on the RX (if you can remember). The one on my RX feels actually like soft leather, but the ES's feels like plastic.

i really hate the pop up nav. Without it open, it looks like those cover lids found on the old altima. And with it up, it looks like an old G35. what were they thinking...

Not here, I would never let it stand ;)
LOL Maybe different posts pop-up on my computer because I've seen quite the contrary. I'm not saying that those posts come up daily, but given the oppertunity to some members, their will be trash talk about anything other than the high and mighty Toyotas.

The ES is kind of a weird model and none of Lexus' competitors really have a similar model. It does not really compete with the 3 series or the G35, but it kinda does the C class. It also kind of competes with the E class (similar in size). The GS also competes with the E class obviously.
I mostly agree except for the parts about an ES competing with a C or E class other than in price with the C and size with the E.

i thought you agreed with me on this one. That black material they use on top of the dash is too grainy and hard. Its nothing like the ones found on the RX (if you can remember). The one on my RX feels actually like soft leather, but the ES's feels like plastic.

I agree that the materials have an unusual grain, i think the dash lacks wood, and I think some of the materials are cheaper than the previous car, but by no means do I think it has a "bad dash". The shape of the dash is very ergonomic and pleasing, the controls are well placed, and its high quality I just like mine better.

In fact the padded dash material is softer than whats on the RX or on my ES, its just got that strange grain.

The ES350 has a MUCH nicer looking dash than that new C class.

LOL Maybe different posts pop-up on my computer because I've seen quite the contrary. I'm not saying that those posts come up daily, but given the oppertunity to some members, their will be trash talk about anything other than the high and mighty Toyotas.

But when have you seen me ever post in a thread like that without seriously leaning on the original poster asking them to prove their statements? There is WAY less brand bashing here than I think any other car site on the net.

I mostly agree except for the parts about an ES competing with a C or E class other than in price with the C and size with the E.

I don't think I follow...

The ES absolutely competes with the C class in price, and the E class, 5 series, and M35 in terms of size, performance, and feature content. I can cite several examples from being on the FreshAlloy forums, MBWorld etc where people were actively comparing the ES to 525s and E350s, M35s etc.

I also can cite examples of people choosing the ES over these cars. I compared the ES, 5 series, E class, and GS when I bought my ES, I never even looked at the 3 series or C class.

The ES is really a lot of car for the money.

im sorry, i wasnt being clear. when i said bad dash, i meant bad dash material. (the black top) and not the layout and such.

acording to Lexus.com's competitive comparison chart, the ES350's main comparison vehicles are:

2006 Acura TL

2007 Cadillac CTS

2006 Infiniti G35

2006 Jaguar X-Type

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

But when have you seen me ever post in a thread like that without seriously leaning on the original poster asking them to prove their statements? There is WAY less brand bashing here than I think any other car site on the net.
I can't remember any off the top of my head, and I don't care enough to search and find them. LOL I'd say this forum is about in the middle as far as coming down on other brands is concerned....I know their are worse ones other there though.

I don't think I follow...

The ES absolutely competes with the C class in price, and the E class, 5 series, and M35 in terms of size, performance, and feature content. I can cite several examples from being on the FreshAlloy forums, MBWorld etc where people were actively comparing the ES to 525s and E350s, M35s etc.

I also can cite examples of people choosing the ES over these cars. I compared the ES, 5 series, E class, and GS when I bought my ES, I never even looked at the 3 series or C class.

The ES is really a lot of car for the money.

What I meant is that the ES is comparable to the C in terms of price and is comparable to the E in size. Otherwise, they they are very different cars. I've driven the ES350, E/C class--each have very different driving experiences which should not be the case if the cars are comparable. The ES is a cruiser, and the others are not. I think the closest thing you can compare to an ES is the Avalon (it's not a luxury mark, and the interior materials are different, but they are similar in many other ways.).

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that compare the Germans to the Lexus ES. I think it's pointless though. I don't know how you can fairly compare a RWD sports sedan like the 530 to a FWD V6 crusier like the ES. A GS would be fair, but not an ES.

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but the notion of comparing a ES350 to a 530i or M35 is completely foreign to me. Yes, they are high-end cars and are probably similar in size, but that's as far as I can see any similarities.

"The ES is really a lot of car for the money."

The C Class will be a lot less car for a whole lot more money! Boy do they sting you for the options at MB. In the UK I priced up a CLS to match the spec of my GS430 and it came close to $100,000!!!! - ouch!!!! :cries:

I can't remember any off the top of my head, and I don't care enough to search and find them. LOL I'd say this forum is about in the middle as far as coming down on other brands is concerned....I know their are worse ones other there though.

Trust me, I don't let a senseless bashing thread go by me unanswered.

What I meant is that the ES is comparable to the C in terms of price and is comparable to the E in size. Otherwise, they they are very different cars. I've driven the ES350, E/C class--each have very different driving experiences which should not be the case if the cars are comparable. The ES is a cruiser, and the others are not. I think the closest thing you can compare to an ES is the Avalon (it's not a luxury mark, and the interior materials are different, but they are similar in many other ways.).

I've driven them too, and I think its fair to compare them. The E is a little sportier, but so is the C class and so is the TL. The ES and the E have similar performance, size, product quality, feature content. The ES is about 9k cheaper similarly optioned, about the same as the ES vs the TL.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that compare the Germans to the Lexus ES. I think it's pointless though. I don't know how you can fairly compare a RWD sports sedan like the 530 to a FWD V6 crusier like the ES. A GS would be fair, but not an ES.

To most people the drivetrain differences aren't overly important.

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but the notion of comparing a ES350 to a 530i or M35 is completely foreign to me. Yes, they are high-end cars and are probably similar in size, but that's as far as I can see any similarities.

When I became interested in the M35 I started reading the FreshAlloy forums and saw several instances of people shopping the M35 who purchased the ES350 instead. These are people not really looking for a sports sedan, but who are looking for a midsized luxury sedan.