Thinking Of Selling 1998 Gs300...need Help

Lex__Ext_.bmpHello fellow GSers,

I am thinking about selling my 98 GS300, I needed your guys opinion on how much I should sell the car for? I still have $9k pay off on the car, so if I can get $9k I will be happy.

Lexus is Black/Black has 130k miles....

In the last 10k miles these parts have been replaced

Water Pump/Timing Belt

New Brakes (all 4)

both Control arms

Starter

Battery

Tires (all 4)

Engine Valve adjustment

Master Brake Cylinder

Ball Joints (Driver & Passenger)

Tune-up (new wires & plugs)

Do you guys think $9k is reasonable? Any input is much appreciated.

Lex__ext__2.bmp

I am thinking about selling my 98 GS300, I needed your guys opinion on how much I should sell the car for? I still have $9k pay off on the car, so if I can get $9k I will be happy.

Water Pump/Timing Belt

New Brakes (all 4)

both Control arms

Starter

Battery

Tires (all 4)

Engine Valve adjustment

Master Brake Cylinder

Why do you want to sell it ?

I'm in the process of buying a home and I have a 99' Mustang that is alot cheaper and easier to maintain then the Lexus..I love my GS, but they are expensive cars to up-keep...

After all that work that has been done, There really shouldn't be anything else to put into it except gas and oil changes. Sell the stang while it is worth anything.

I thought about keeping the Lexus but the mustang is paid off....so it looks like $10 maybe the starting offer.

AAAHHHHH, I understand your position now. Start it at $11.5k and negotiate carefully, Especially with all the work that has been done.

I'd sell the Mustang and pay off the Lexus, or as much of it as you can.

Seriously, in the long run the Lexus will cost less to own. You've put a lot of money in to it and it should give you reliable service for a long time to come.

I'd sell the Mustang and pay off the Lexus, or as much of it as you can.

Seriously, in the long run the Lexus will cost less to own. You've put a lot of money in to it and it should give you reliable service for a long time to come.

Sw, That is a better idea yet. But I think he really wants to keep the pony. :chairshot:

Believe me, when you're a homeowner you're not going to want the "I need a new water pump!" or "I need a new alternator!" surprises the Ford will give you. This is coming from someone who has a Ford with over 200,000 miles. It never goes by a dealership empty handed.

You're going to have "I need a new furnace!" and "I need a new roof!" to deal with ;)

Water Pump/Timing Belt

New Brakes (all 4)

both Control arms

Starter

Battery

Tires (all 4)

Engine Valve adjustment

Master Brake Cylinder

As you have heard from some of the other guys, I would either sell the pony car or ask more for the Lex. Lexus is one of the most maintenance free cars there is. You may get a lot of HP bang for the buck with the Stang, but Fords fall apart and depreciate like a falling rock.

FORD = Fix Or Replace Daily. :P

Every car will have its problems. Everyone likes to rag on Ford and American cars but they could take more abuse than any foreign car I could think of. Id like to see a fleet of NYPD and NYC Taxi Camrys and see how long they last. Ford has its share of problems and believe me Lexus and every other car does as well.

Sorry back to the original question... Too bad you cant keep both :( . I guess it’s a matter of your situation now and where you plan to be in a couple years. If you have a family I would stick with the Lexus just because its more roomy and more comfortable. But if its just you and your wife I would keep the Mustang. I have a mustang and it’s a great car. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. The only flaw is its awful in the winter so i have to garage it. BTW is it a GT? If you ever need any help with it im on a mustang board www.modulardepot.com. It’s a very good informative site. Good Luck on the house!!

If you can get 11K for it that would be great. It depends on where you live. I have a 98 GS300 as well with only 70K that is mint and cannot even get 12K for it. But I live in a small town and probably own one of the only Lexus's here. These are nice cars even for thier age. I hope you sell it for more than 9K. That should be easy enough if you are in a large enough market.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I decided I am going to sell the GS300 for $9500 asking and hope to get $9,000 out of it.....I wanted to Thank everybody for there insight...if you know anybody interested email me at bsjones35@yahoo.com..I have pictures..