New Ipods Released

indiasfinest

is it so hard to add a smiley to ease the tension?

what if i say "i think ipod sales are down"...:P

im getting afraid to open these threads now, we should stop arguing before it gets locked too, heh

anybody see that news on the ecoli and its whereabouts in bags of spinach?

sorry to bring this up again, but i have a little something that should prove my point a bit more

http://www.slashgear.com/ipod-sales-declin...t-in-101540.php

and one more

"From its launch five years ago its sales graph showed a consistent upward curve, culminating in a period around last Christmas that saw a record 14 million sold. But sales fell to 8.5 million in the following quarter, and down to 8.1 million in the most recent three-month period. Wall Street is reportedly starting to worry that the bubble will burst."

http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...32&from=rss

so im not the only crazy guy who thinks the bubble is going to pop. the can of worms has opened.

ok, ipods dominate the market, according to a magazine i read(i think forbes, buisness 2.0, cant remember) ipods hold about ~75% of the mp3 market. the reason they are not going out of sytle is because just when you get tired of looking at one, a new one comes out...i didnt bother reading what you two were arguing about because i dont want to take anysides...i take my ipod to school and all togethor probably listen to it about 1-3 hours a day. (rarely 3).i find it very useful when im in the car on a long drive, in the plane, bored at school (with no work). i have 5G ipod. i recieved it for christmas. the only time (IMO) that ipods will lose their popularity is when a newer better tech. will come out (and apple doesnt use it). i hate it when companies become so popular that everybody has this product. i really didnt want to buy an ipod because everyone had one, but i loved the interface and everything so much i had to. plus its a fashion statement. haha

im getting afraid to open these threads now, we should stop arguing before it gets locked too, heh
Who is arguing? Civil debates such as this one are perfectly legal and would only get locked if rules are violated.
it was IMHO. i didnt know i could have a wrong opinion until now. sorry
Come on now. If you are going to come in here and say off the wall things like ipods are going out of style and aren't selling, you'd better be ready to back that up with something.
sorry to bring this up again, but i have a little something that should prove my point a bit more

http://www.slashgear.com/ipod-sales-declin...t-in-101540.php

and one more

"From its launch five years ago its sales graph showed a consistent upward curve, culminating in a period around last Christmas that saw a record 14 million sold. But sales fell to 8.5 million in the following quarter, and down to 8.1 million in the most recent three-month period. Wall Street is reportedly starting to worry that the bubble will burst."

http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...32&from=rss

so im not the only crazy guy who thinks the bubble is going to pop. the can of worms has opened.

What came out last Christmas?? The new iPod Nano and Video models. Of course, the exciment has fallen and sales have leveled (that's the case with almost any new product that hits the market.), and they have leveled at a point that is far greater than this time last year. Steve Jobs is just excellent at keeping the iPods fresh and exciting. They just launched a new iTunes that allows you to download videos in addition to all of the Podcasts, music, tv shows, books, etc. that they already sell.

Of course you're not the only one that might think that iPods are going out of style; you can find any research you want on the web to support almost anything you want.

And why is it surprising that sales would reach a high at Christmas and be down the following quarter?!? Of course sales are going to be stronger at Christmas and down in March. Who'se buying people expensive presents in March?

You have to look for bias in articles.

This is from the article

Sometimes it seems like the world is made up of people who have an iPod and people who want an iPod, leaving odd fellows like myself - who neither have nor have ever really wanted one - kinda left out.

These are editorials. They're opinions.

Those are also UK Articles, not US articles.

I attend a university with about 30,000 undergraduates. From my observation of students and iPods, the iPods are not going anywhere anytime soon. As mentioned before, they simply update the current versions and people buy them again. Now, unless Microsoft comes out with something very identical to the iPods than things might change.

However, cell phones are integrating the functions of a laptop. They already integrated the PDAs but now with faster processors, more memory and hard drive running on Windows Mobile they can run some basic programs like a laptop. Music and navigation are also some bonuses.

If anything, PDAs competition is increasing heavily due to all the new PDA phones also called “smart phones.”

so now the UK doesnt matter? only the opinons from the US? lol

there are also some statistics in there, so they arent all opinion. the point is i wasnt that far off when i said sales were decling. so im just trying to back up my point. but i dont want to start another 3 pages of back and forth debating

do you guys work for apple or something? my god, i swear its like you guys own the damn company

that's not what he said, so don't misquote! :angry:

there are also some statistics in there, so they arent all opinion. the point is i wasnt that far off when i said sales were decling. so im just trying to back up my point. but i dont want to start another 3 pages of back and forth debating

do you guys work for apple or something? my god, i swear its like you guys own the damn company

sure statistics are stated, but not statistics that pertain to the US market or consumers. Don't judge or comment on what you think is happening here based on what is happening in a much smaller market across the glode.

No we don't work for apple, at least none of us that I know of.

We're just tired of some of your inaccurate posts.

steviej

Like Steviej said, don't misquote me. Yes those articles matter, in the UK. The US and the UK are pretty different as far as fads and demographics go.

Again, like steviej said I really don't care at all about iPods, I'm just tired of you posting misinformation.

for all you know, i could be in the UK right now posting this. the point i made the the beginning is that I THINK the market is slowing down or is going to slow down. end of story. why does that bother you guys so much...?

and once i do find articles that prove what im saying, somehow it doesnt work. its impossible to gain even an inch... it isnt inaccurate if there are articles with statistics behind it.

"Those are also UK Articles, not US articles."

whats wrong with them being UK articles, does it make a difference?, wherever they sell the ipods, it still ends up on the sales chart doesnt it? and also, that statement is subjective and open to interpretation. AGAIN i put the "LOL" to signify that it was sarcasm.

lets end this silly thread now :rolleyes:

just wanted to clear some stuff up for SW03ES. A phone like the Motorola SLVR or V3i is a cell phone that has itunes software on it. It is NOT an iPod. Also, Rx330driver definitely has a point that ipods may be hot right now, but could take a nosedive in the future. in my opinion since a cell phone has capability to play music it will one day shut the ipod out. why take an ipod with you when you can just take one single electronic item (cell phone) that can call, take picutres, text message, and play MP3? battery life will also increase on cell phones along with memory space.

In the apple store here they have lines DOWN THE BLOCK for the new Nano. Just because you have no need for something doesn't mean its worthless to everybody. If Ipods and other MP3 players are fading out whats with all the car companies creating these elaborate ways to dock them and store music in internal hard drives? The MP3 craze is just getting started. (SW03ES)

Of course lines are down the street the thing came out less than a week ago! To be honest with you, I think you need to go buy yourself an ipod before you establish an opinion.

for all you know, i could be in the UK right now posting this. the point i made the the beginning is that I THINK the market is slowing down or is going to slow down. end of story. why does that bother you guys so much...?

You're not in the UK, you're in San Fransisco as per your profile.

You didn't say you think the iPod craze is slowing down, you said it was

You also haven't posted any evidence, you've posted British editorials. The only person who has posted any real time sales data is Blake.

lets end this silly thread now

I'm all for that, you"re the one who keeps hashing it back up.

in my opinion since a cell phone has capability to play music it will one day shut the ipod out. why take an ipod with you when you can just take one single electronic item (cell phone) that can call, take picutres, text message, and play MP3? battery life will also increase on cell phones along with memory space.

I agree with you, this is not because people no longer want to have their music with them everywhere as Rx330 postulated, its because a new technology that is more attractive (phones merged with MP3 players) has taken over (which is what I said would happen to end the iPod craze).

Of course lines are down the street the thing came out less than a week ago!

When did I say it wasn't because they just came out? Lines are not down the street however for the new Verizon Chocolate phone which just came out. Just because something is new doesn't automatically mean there will be lines for it, the iPod is clearly a hot product to create that kind of demand.

I think you need to go buy yourself an ipod before you establish an opinion.

I have an iPod, I bought one for my fiance 2 years ago.