Aquapel Glass Treatment

Lexusfreak

isn't this the technology that the repellent "combines" the water drops into one big drop, so it will slide down the window and improve visibility? I think some new Lexus vehicles have this. For sure, my 4Runner already has it. :whistles: :cheers:

I use rain-x but have heard aquapel is beyond that.

I have a sample in my trunk i keep meaning to try but keep forgetting i have it.

SK, any idea where to purchase this stuff in stores in the GTA? I've seen some dealerships advertise it, but they want $30+ for one application! :blink: I appreciate the info. B)

:cheers:

I've been using Aquapel for over 3 years. It's the greatest thing since sliced bologna. I get it from this guy on Ebay for around $5 per application.

I gave Aquapel last year at Christmas. My northen relatives say it also helps prevent ice and snow from sticking to the windshield.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-APPLICATIONS-of-AQUA...1QQcmdZViewItem

i dont know if i would put it on my windshield...maybe my side windows first just in case i dont like it. If it really is long lasting, i dont want it to stay on my glass.

It stays on the glass for 4 to 6 months. Since it keeps working all that time and stays clear it's never a problem. In a hard rain I can see to drive even better than the big trucks.

I've been using Aquapel for over 3 years. It's the greatest thing since sliced bologna. I get it from this guy on Ebay for around $5 per application.

I gave Aquapel last year at Christmas. My northen relatives say it also helps prevent ice and snow from sticking to the windshield.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-APPLICATIONS-of-AQUA...1QQcmdZViewItem

It stays on the glass for 4 to 6 months. Since it keeps working all that time and stays clear it's never a problem. In a hard rain I can see to drive even better than the big trucks.

The ice & snow (not to mention the bugs here in the summer which apparently is easy with this stuff) are my main reasons I want to give it a try. B) Bummer about the shipping costs to Canada though Bart. :(

:cheers:

No matter how sparkling clean I get the windshield of my wife's 2000 RX300 using water, glass cleaner, old diapers, and everything else I've tried, any exterior windshield treatment such as Rain-X instantly reacts by smearing and smudging the exterior windshield as soon as I apply it. I've tried it in heavy shade, bright sunshine, low temperatures, high temperatures, low humidity, high humidity - nothing matters. The product still seems to instantly react with the glass and smears big-time. I've used Rain-X on all of our other vehicles for more than 20 years and have never encountered this problem before the RX300 arrived.

Still another reason to hate this friggin' vehicle....

I got a free application of it when I bought some over-rated wiper blades from TireRack.com.

Bren, if TireRack ships to Canada, then you can get it through them.

I was not overly impressed.

It seems to work for a while but within a few car washes, the water run off from rain seemed just like it always did. I can say much for bugs being cleared off any better, a smear bug is still a mess at 65 mph.

I have tried Rain-X many times, but it always seems that when I apply that, the wiper blades go to crap within 3 to 6 months. I have not seen that effect with Aquapel, though.

steviej