Tint Pictures!

Hey I just got my IS 350 tinted, my dad knew a guy so I got a really good price, all four windows are legal 30 percent but it's lower because of the tint already on the IS windows from Lexus, and I went 15 percent on the rear windshield. I got the llumar tint. I couldn't be happier with it!!!!!!!!!!!! Here are some pics:

post-15528-1152501034_thumb.jpg

post-15528-1152501072_thumb.jpg

post-15528-1152501094_thumb.jpg

post-15528-1152501117_thumb.jpg

post-15528-1152501143_thumb.jpg

post-15528-1152501186_thumb.jpg

post-15528-1152501217_thumb.jpg

Looks great. :cheers: I like how the front blended in with the back windows with the 30%, and that the rear isn't much darker than the front (like cars here in CA) :)

it looks really good. how much did it cost? i know you knew the guy, but... wow im so jealous of the car and the tint.

Thank You :cheers: I only paid $100 bucks, he said normally my car would cost $150. But he only charged me $100 because he knew me; and he also did a phenominal job!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the compliments!!!! :D

Real nice! What percent are your front and rear windows? I'm having my 250 done (just got it!) and I'm a nervous wreck trying to decide.

I don't really want it to look gangsta'. I obviously want it to look tinted, but I don't mind if people can see in. Any opinions on what kind of tint I should get on a blue onyx with cashmire interior?

Real nice! What percent are your front and rear windows? I'm having my 250 done (just got it!) and I'm a nervous wreck trying to decide.

I don't really want it to look gangsta'. I obviously want it to look tinted, but I don't mind if people can see in. Any opinions on what kind of tint I should get on a blue onyx with cashmire interior?

Thank you, I absoloutly love it!!!!!!! Congrats on your beautiful new car :cheers: My front and rear windows are both 30 percent, but the rear windshield is 15 percent making the car darker inside but making it still legal. I don't know what the legal percent is in california but there is a link posted in one of the other threads about the legal tint percentages for every state... I would go with what is legal and thern put 15 on the back to cast a shadow. As for the kinds of tint I would go with llumar (that's what I have) or 3M tint. Both are great brands with lifetime warranties. It doesn't make a difference how dark in percentage you go because they all keep out the same amount of heat and UV rays...or at least I know that's the story with Llumar tint. Good luck with whatever you choose...No matter what Iam sure it wqill look great....Post some pictures after you get it done!!!!!!!!! After I got mine done I wondered how I lived without it, you will be VERY happy with it. :D

Heres the link to the web site that has the legal tint percentages for every state: http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

And the guy you go to, to get it tinted should also know...But here you go jsut in case.

Hey I just got my IS 350 tinted, my dad knew a guy so I got a really good price, all four windows are legal 30 percent but it's lower because of the tint already on the IS windows from Lexus, and I went 15 percent on the rear windshield. I got the llumar tint. I couldn't be happier with it!!!!!!!!!!!! Here are some pics:

looks great... im going this sat-day for tint i know this guy, he did my excursion for a good price and did a great job also he offers life time warr. on tint. im going to get the darkest tint i can find, it adds to the sleek stealth look im going for (black on black on black on black). :ph34r:

I see a lot of cars with bubbles on their tinted windows. Is that inevitable, bubbles always pop up after a few years?

Thanks,

No, it justt depends on the tint quality and the quality of the job. I had my SC400 it was a 93 and the tint never bubbled or anything....Plus even if your tint does start to bubble you should have a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.

:ph34r:

looks great... im going this sat-day for tint i know this guy, he did my excursion for a good price and did a great job also he offers life time warr. on tint. im going to get the darkest tint i can find, it adds to the sleek stealth look im going for (black on black on black on black). :ph34r:

:ph34r: is right, but it looks good.

Bourne33065, many thanks for taking time to answer my question! How do you clean tinted windows, with the usual windows cleaning spray?

Sure, anytime. That's what this Forum is here for :cheers: As for cleaning the tinted windows....The guy said no chemicals and nothing with amonia in it, so I asked "so just diswasher soap and water?" and he goes just water is fine....So I would play it safe and only use water...and if it's really dirty then use a light dishwasher soap. But ask the guy that is going to tint your car and see what he says, Iam sure that's what he will reccomend as well, good luck!!!!!!!!

I see a lot of cars with bubbles on their tinted windows. Is that inevitable, bubbles always pop up after a few years?

Thanks,

Those are hack jobs. I've had several quality tints done and they last for years and years. A good job will never bubble, the worst thing that can happen is scratches.

Bourne33065, many thanks for taking time to answer my question! How do you clean tinted windows, with the usual windows cleaning spray?

Never use window cleaner on tint! Every tinter I've asked says a weak solution of "Lemon Joy" is best. I use that, then I use just water to get any soap residue off.

Thank you all for the information! I know Llumar and 3M make good window films, but Tint Master, the place recommended by my clear bra installer to get my IS' windows tinted, only carries the Madico film. Does anybody know how good it is comparing to the other two? Thx!

• 2 weeks later...

I got my 350 at Sewell Lexus in Ft. Worth, and they tinted my windows the day I bought it, without even my having to ask. I presume it's part of their normal setup on a new sale. Did most of you have to have it done separately?

I got my 350 at Sewell Lexus in Ft. Worth, and they tinted my windows the day I bought it, without even my having to ask. I presume it's part of their normal setup on a new sale. Did most of you have to have it done separately?

Yes I had mine done speeratly. It was cheaper than doing it at Lexus to.