Minor Accident In My Ls

LRP_LS400

Sorry to hear about this. :( Your bumper doesn't look too bad, but that is wicked how the seat twisted. How did that happen? Was it when you bounced back from the impact? Knowing the way people drive in NOLA, I wouldn't be at all suprised if she just stopped in the intersection and caught you off gaurd. I have to take high blood pressure medication when I drive in the city, and I don't have high BP! LOL

OH wow that is twisted. Well the good thing is that you are okay. I’m guessing you already tried pushing the seat back up?

I agree the bumper does not look that bad you can probably get that painted for less than $300.

yeah she surprised me when she just stopped. She had one of those big sunday hats so i think that kinda caused her to stop abruptly. the seat twisting is just crazy. lucky for me though she had an expired liscenes so no tickets were issued. the lights need to be replaced and the fender and hood need to be realigned and straighed out. I still dont know what I'm going to do about the seat though.

Yeah this new setup where one can not post pictures stinks.
The site admins are still working on getting the security issues squared away (shouldn't be much longer), and for the time being, attchments are disabled. However you can use image tags to link the pics.

It looks like LRPs yahoo photos aren't linkable because they don't have a jpeg/gif/etc. extention. ;)

Sorry bout the unfortunate fender bender. It looks like you can just replaces the corner lamp post and headlight and try to push the rest back in shape as much as possible. But when I seen that seat, I'm sorry I had to laugh. I have never seen that before, I look at the minimum damage on the fender and look at that seat and say to myself, how in the world could that have happened during your impact. It looks like all four of my kids have been sitting in your back seat pulling on the side of your driver side chair for the last 12 years.

I'm with SKp. Open up the back of the seat. I bet the rod has slipped over from the splined shaft. Run the motor until the back is properly aligned then slide the shaft onto the splines. Check out this Thread.