Removing Cement Splatters

drool400

Hey All,

I recently came back from parking near a construction zone, and noticed that there were cement splatters all over the car. They had baked in the sun and were hard as rock. Does anybody know how I can remove them without killing the paint? Maybe some kind of "as advertized on TV" remedy?

Thanks!

Can't be to happy with the cement. Unfortunetly, they call it cement for a reason. I suppose I would try soaking it with water and then work very carefully with a straight-edged razor blade. My neighbor had something like that happen to him at the Navy base and eventually ended up with a repaint. Since this is really expensive, I'd call your insurance company or sue the construction company.

if it is fresh and hasn't fully cured

go straight to a power washer with about $20 worth of change and blow that crap off the car

if the wax on your car is fresh you should have no problem with it falling right off

any other way

like washing it will cause the cement to scratch the paint badly

the powerer washer will knock it right off the car

works great when you put the nozzel 1 inch away from the debris , to remove it quicly

it would heklp after the main debris are gone. they you use clay bar to make sure the small particles are gone as well and to return the smoothness and silkness to the paint

I would recommend taking it to the power washer and removing as much as possible. Once majority is gone, use some rubbing compound to remove the rest. I use 3M's, but Carnuba's one will do the trick. Once you have it off, see if there's a chip or dings and fill them in with touch-up paint.

I'd try the rubbing compound first before taking it to the power washers, since pwd washers tend to weaken the paint if it hasn't been waxed in a while.

I know 20Psi does weaken/break-up the paint on some low quality paint jobs. As far as I know, Rubbing compound will remove any debris from the body and paint. Once you do the rubbing compound, one has to seal and wax the spot again, anyway.

I know 20Psi does weaken/break-up the paint on some low quality paint jobs. As far as I know, Rubbing compound will remove any debris from the body and paint. Once you do the rubbing compound, one has to seal and wax the spot again, anyway.

most lexus i have seen don't have low quality paint jobs

and do you mean 2000 psi ?

i think my water tap has more than 20

and i think you need to investiagte rubbing compound before you recommend anyone to use it

wax does not replace paint

or clear coat

which you would have just removed by using the compound

unless you are mixing up rubbing compounds name with another product like a polishing compound which is very different

I know 20Psi does weaken/break-up the paint on some low quality paint jobs.  As far as I know, Rubbing compound will remove any debris from the body and paint.  Once you do the rubbing compound, one has to seal and wax the spot again, anyway.

most lexus i have seen don't have low quality paint jobs

and do you mean 2000 psi ?

i think my water tap has more than 20

and i think you need to investiagte rubbing compound before you recommend anyone to use it

wax does not replace paint

or clear coat

which you would have just removed by using the compound

unless you are mixing up rubbing compounds name with another product like a polishing compound which is very different

Sorry, I meant 2000PSI.

I'm quite sure about the rubbing compound, but if you feel I'm wrong, then, ok.

i'm not sure about the rubbing as well, coz the paint around might get hurt. the pressured water solution seems to be the best. i dont recommend wash any car in the power washer because you will get those tiny lil scratches even if your car is washed. i always wash my cars myself. it takes only 15-30 mins and it helps me to relax:)

I stand corrected. Rubbing Compound will damage the clear coat. My friends mentioned using an adhesive wax remover, providing you've waxed your car in the past 6 month. 3M has a good one; just check with a Pep Boys and they'll be able to set you up.

They also mentioned contacting County about the lack of posting, and get them to pay for the detail from a professional bodyshop.

They did agree with me about the Pwer Washing, not using it.

that's cool

i am glad you found out before you did your car any damage

i may have also forgot to mention to use the soapy water solution when using the power washer

as this should provide more than adequate lube

but then again i have been to a few and they don't provide much high pressure soap

my cousin has a 2400 psi gas powered washer and it can etch ashphalt so i wouldn't recomment that but that is also with a straight stream not a wide band of water ,concentrated in a small spot

the letting the cement dry sounds like a good idea also

i just don't know cements characteristics

would letting it sit in the sun all day and ten blastnig it with the power washer not then cause it to crack?

just a thought