Website Problems

Steve

Hi Folks

We have had a few people complaining of website problems on our other boards and wanted to check to see if these boards have the same problem.

Members are complaining that they can only access the forums for about 2 minutes then the page goes blank with the letter H in the left hand corner.

Also website seems real slow (even though server has been fine)

We are trying to work out if it is a server problem, forum problem or something else.

Please let us know and be as decriptive as poss.

many thanks

Man, am I glad to know that this problem isn't just me. I've been dealing with these EXACT symptoms since last Friday. I've talked to customer support for my DSL connection, my firewall provider, and my hardware provider and everybody was stumped. I've reloaded software packages multiple times and wasted countless hours trying to fix this. Nothing worked.

I was able to log in just a couple of minutes ago, saw this post, and decided I better type a response quickly before the blank page with the letter H returned as has almost always been the case since last Friday.

This site is the ONLY one that has thrown the problem at me over the past week. All of the other sites I need or want to get to have been normal and just fine.

So because multiple people have complained, you definitely have a problem on your end. I would have spoken up the other day when I was able to get in, but I thought the problem was on my end.

Let us know if you determine the issue and are able to fix it. In the meantime, I can very rarely get into the site and usually can't stay connected long enough to post much of anything.

I'll stop typing now so I can go ahead and post before I'm cut off as usual....

Man, am I glad to know that this problem isn't just me. I've been dealing with these EXACT symptoms since last Friday. I've talked to customer support for my DSL connection, my firewall provider, and my hardware provider and everybody was stumped. I've reloaded software packages multiple times and wasted countless hours trying to fix this. Nothing worked.

I was able to log in just a couple of minutes ago, saw this post, and decided I better type a response quickly before the blank page with the letter H returned as has almost always been the case since last Friday.

This site is the ONLY one that has thrown the problem at me over the past week. All of the other sites I need or want to get to have been normal and just fine.

So because multiple people have complained, you definitely have a problem on your end. I would have spoken up the other day when I was able to get in, but I thought the problem was on my end.

Let us know if you determine the issue and are able to fix it. In the meantime, I can very rarely get into the site and usually can't stay connected long enough to post much of anything.

I'll stop typing now so I can go ahead and post before I'm cut off as usual....

You should now be able to stay on the boards without being cut off as we changed some settings.

Let me know if it works out for you or not.

I was cut off again as recently as yesterday. I've been on the board about 90 seconds right now. I'll go ahead and send this now in case I'm cut off again....

Yep, only here. Last week's connection frustrations caused me to join Club Lexus and while I think I'd rather participate at LOC, I don't have time to fool with the problems I've experienced here.

If you manage to get it fixed and normal again, please let me know....

It just took a long time to log me in today, but now that I'm in things seem to be working normally...

Have you tried clearing your cookies and temporary internet files?

Yep, only here. Last week's connection frustrations caused me to join Club Lexus and while I think I'd rather participate at LOC, I don't have time to fool with the problems I've experienced here.

If you manage to get it fixed and normal again, please let me know....

I do apologize for the problems. We had some work done to the server and some of the settings need adjusting. We are working to solve the problem and we need members to tell us if you experience any problems so we can eliminate them.

We will get it all working properly very soon.

When I click on View New Posts this is what I see

Lexus Owners Club - United States Forum Guidelines

Registry HelpSearchCalendar Lexus Warranty Portal Car Care Centre Archived Gallery Live Gallery

Visit LOC Australia Visit LOC United Kingdom Visit LOC EuropeBecome a Gold Member Gold Member Forums

[X]My AssistantLoading. Please Wait...

Logged in as: molocka12 ( Log Out )

My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant · 0 New Messages

Lexus Owners Club (USA) Forums > Search Form

Upgrade to Gold Membership

Search Keywords

Search by Keywords Filter by Member Name (optional)

Enter a keyword or phrase to search by.

Match Exact Name

Search Options

Search Where Refine Search

» All ForumsWelcome to the Lexus Owners Club |-- For Visitors and New Users Lexus Owners Club |-- Lexus ES250/ ES300 / ES330 / ES350 Forums |---- Lexus Detailing Forum |---- Lexus Owners Club Merchandise |---- Gold Member Forums |-- Lexus LS400 / Lexus LS430 / Lexus LS460 Forums |---- Lexus Detailing Forum |---- Lexus Owners Club Merchandise |---- Gold Member Forums |---- Lexus LS Workshop / Knowledgebase Articles |-- Lexus SC300 / Lexus SC400 / Lexus SC430 Forums |---- Lexus Detailing Forum |---- Lexus Owners Club Merchandise |---- Gold Member Forums |-- Lexus GS300 / Lexus GS400 / Lexus GS430 |---- Lexus Detailing Forum |---- Lexus Owners Club Merchandise |---- Gold Member Forums |-- Lexus RX300 / Lexus RX330 Forums |---- Lexus Detailing Forum |---- Lexus Owners Club Merchandise |---- Gold Member Forums |-- Lexus IS250 / Lexus IS300 / Lexus IS350 Forums |---- Lexus Detailing Forum |---- Lexus Owners Club Merchandise |---- Gold Member Forums |-- Lexus LX470 / Lexus LX450 Forums |---- Lexus Detailing Forum |---- Lexus Owners Club Merchandise |---- Gold Member Forums |-- Lexus GX470 Forums |---- Lexus Detailing Forum |---- Lexus Owners Club Merchandise |---- Gold Member Forums |-- Hybrid Forum / RX400H / GS450H Gold Members |-- Becoming a Gold Member |-- The Lounge, Bar and Grill General Lexus Forums |-- Lexus Owners Club Merchandise |-- Lexus Detailing and Car Care Forum |---- Lexus Car Care Centre |-- Show and Shine |---- Lexus Car Care Centre |-- Lexus Warranty Discussions |-- Lexus Modifications Forums |-- Wheels and Tires Forums |-- Audio / Video / Electronics Forums |-- Dealers & Pricing Forums |-- Buy & Sell Forums |---- Archive |-- Club Events and Meetings Forums |-- Group Buys Lexus Maintenance |-- General Maintenance |-- Workshop Tutorials Lexus General Forums |-- General Discussions |-- Club News |-- Website Suggestions and Feedback |-- Testing Area |-- Non Lexus Car Clubs |---- Cadillac Owners Forum |---- Toyota Owners Club (USA) Gold Member Forums

Search in child forums if sub category is chosen? Search posts from... Today 7 days ago and... 30 days ago and... 60 days ago and... 90 days ago and... 180 days ago and... 365 days ago and... Any date

Older

Newer Sort results by... Last Posting Date Number of Replies Poster Name Forum Name

descending order

ascending order

Search WhereSearch entire post

Search titles only Result TypeShow results as topics

Show results as posts

LOCUSA Forum

Club Meets Channel English Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2006 - 05:12 PM

Invision Power Board v2.1.6 © 2006 IPS, Inc.

Licensed to: Lexus Owners Club

Here's an update on my status.

My ability to use and stay up on this site appears to have finally returned to normal (or close to it).

Thanks for taking care of the issue. Let's hope it's now resolved.

If I experience further site connection problems I'll attempt to report them (assuming I'm still able to get to the site long enough to type a quick post)....

If problems persist please email the help desk at helpdesk{AT]lexusownersclub.com (replace the {AT] with the @ sign)

thanks for the update

Steve,

I have a new one that just cropped up.

I am no longer getting email notifications that I have been sent a PM. I used to.

The first thing I did was check the PM settings and the box for email notification is checked off.

any ideas?

steviej

Steve, getting this error when trying to upload pictures...

"The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error."