What do you think of the Infiniti M45?

monarch

What do you guys think of the Infiniti M45? The M45 wins in most of the car magazine test comparisons, including Consumer Reports. The articles also praise the improvements Infiniti has made to create a rich and luxurious feeling interior. Here in California the M45 has been a hot seller.

Like I said in the other thread, I really like the M45, especially the interior. The exterior is a little Nissan-esque from some angles, but still attractive.

its great car, especially the interior, i love the NAV, its a great car, its powerful and has some good unique features, like lane sensor (tells you when your driving in 2 lanes) and the backup camera tells you how far to turn the steering wheel. its great, kinda pricey if your buying a new one though, with some options, it turned out to be 60K when we were in the market for a new car, just to expensive.

Nissan has had a few snags getting to where it is Today and still trying to find an identity and a market foothold and/or history...I would be hard pressed to consider spending that kind of money with Nissan Yet as their resale values are not the best.

it seems like it would be a great car, but the back of the exterior is kinda weird to me. from the side, it looks like it has a very small trunk, not nearly long enough. As for the interior, the dash looks a bit too busy, and i dont like the controller up on the dash. i prefer to own a car in the future with somewhere near the shifter by the arm rest like mercedes and lexus. Iono, ive never sat in one so i dont know if its easy to reach...but...

The controller doesn't control things like I Drive does, works pretty well.

You have to sit in the car to appreciate how the dash is laid out. Having all the buttons up flat on the "piano" dashboard actually makes them very easy to use. The matte finish rosewood is striking too.

Here's the stack:

fb_4.JPG

This is the wheat interior, this is beautiful in person

5e_4.JPG

71_4.JPG

981564_10.jpg

Stainless trim:

96_12.JPG

Well Nissan / Infiniti has finally got themselves together as far as their interiror is concerned. Hate to say it, but quite a few of their models they simply didn't have the right to call Infiniti a 'lunury brand' 5+ years ago. ;)

:cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

If I was in the market for a GS I would take a hard look at the M35 or M45. I like the interior styling better than the GS, but I would want to know more about the navigation controls, etc. They're geting pretty complicated on many cars and Lexus has done a good job at keeping the basics very simple.

I think the M series Infiniti has, in general, is sweet! I'm a Nissan fan myself, have had two great cars from them over the years "92' Sentra SE-R and 01' Maxima SE". I love the get up and go they have. I would not have a problem buying a "slighly used" Nissan product at all. I agree the depreciation hit is too much to take on the new ones though. Honestly, I think the 02' and 03' Q45's will soon be excellent buys! It's tough to ignore a 340 HP V8 and all of those gadgets for the low $20K's w/ less than 50k miles. Hard to beat.

I really like the first M45 series they put out a few years ago. You NEVER see them on the street! It's one of those designs that people either like or hate, no real middle ground. I like the wedge shape of the first ones. I would not be against buying one of those either.

I have solid faith in Nissan. Don't particulary care for some of their design characteristics of recent, but have no questions about thier build quality holding up.