Semi-useless Post...

A full tank of premium gas?

Hand wash + wax job or maybe a day at the detailer's?

These are a couple of things I do. And also, it may sound mean, but I really don't like anyone's kids in my car!

Food/drinks?! -I don't think so!-

And am I the only one guilty of removing tiny smudges on the outside of the car with the end of my shirt?!!

LOL - Lexus = LOVE! :blushing:

Well I personally dont think there is anything wrong with you.. I think it is great for people to have an interest in something, and I guess when you work hard for something, you want to look after it as much as you can.. I am in that catergory... My wifes car is a total mess, and if you met my wife you would understand.. She gets angry at me for for spending so much time with my car, but she doesnt understand that I worked hard to buy that car, and I want it to last as long as I can make it.. Her on the other hand doesnt work, and so it is me that pays for everything, and so I guess she has no respect for things that she never had to work for? So I have taken my hand to her car, to show her what it can look like with a few minutes a week of attention. All in the hope she might see the light.. And....... She's still not interested....

I didnt move here to Japan for reasons of money, and so I gave up a lucrative position in doing so.. I dont like to make myself out to be something that I am not, but it gives me a great feeling when someone looks at my car and says, "Hey, nice car" or "boy it looks good, you must look after it?" Or even just looks I get when I drive past people...

I guess at one point not so long ago, I could have invested in a more expencive car. But now I dont make alot of money, so I appreciate what I have.. I am considered unusual in Japan, as most people can only afford 1 small car.. I actually have 3, as I see a car that is going cheap, the voice in my head says buy it... But then again, I am lucky that I have understanding inlaws that allow me to use their property to house them.. And dad-inlaw gets to drive my Trooper, so is happy.. He even drives it with his Cap turned backwards!.. ha ha ha

But I guess what I am saying, is no, its not unusual to want your car to look its best, and I think yes, its ok to turn around and look at it after you get out.. It just means that you have pride in yourself, and what you own!

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

I'm definately guilty of using my shirt to spot clean.

As for babying, it doesn't need a lot for maintenance, but it does keep a nice coat of wax and gets it's oil changed before the 3k mark.

Oh, probably the most spoiling it gets is when I'm on this LOC board spending my time finding new ways to spoild it. :D

Future spoilings to come...

17" IS wheels, 1" lowering springs, new struts all around (non-adjustable of course...I'm not rich) I'll just pretend that that "sport or comfort" switch in my car is for the imagination. :whistles:

No, dont worry. I am feelin ya!...

I finished hight school when I was 16.. Back in my day we started school at 4y.o in Australia.. (Changed now though) And so went to university early... Basically after that, I wanted to do lazy stuff, so just bumbed around for a few years.. And so in saying that, had nothing... After I decided to do something, I actually got thrown into the world of business.. I actually started in TV Commercial Production, but somehow ended up in Administration Management Consultancy..

So basically until November 2001, I was living the good life, and making a nasty amount of cash.. Then my wife and I married, and had our daughter, and so in that time we moved to Japan.. I was only 27 and already knew that I wouldnt be able to do that job fo much longer. (Health wise.. To make money you have to work long and hard for it) And so in Japan, I became a teacher of english...

I will be 29 next Tuesday, and I am the happiest I have ever been... I dont make the money that Iused to. Infact I dont even make a third of that now.. But all the same happy!... So when I say that I appreciate everything that I work for, I seriously mean it.. I now cant buy the top of the range car anymore, but atleast I can still have a nice comfortable car... Some say didnt you save any money? Well, I bought a house back in Australia.. So thats where that went....And I actually still have a 97 Jeep Cherokee back in my adopted home of Atlanta....

If somebody wants to make silly comments when they see me cleaning my car. I dont mind.. It makes me feel good doing it.. And I really liked what you said about looking after your car. "If you look after it, it will look after you!" That is great thinking! So when someone says nice things to you, and you get a big smile.. Enjoy it!.. I know I do, and I aint even rich!!! :unsure:

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

Chris

well when it comes to my cars im a perfectionist!any little spec of dirt,smudge etc is wiped immedittly from it with either my shirt,towel or anything that is close that will wipe it!im crazy about my cars.when i get out of the car i walk around it and then walk away still looking at it.i take pride in them and work my !Removed! off for it!i wax every couple of weeks and wash or rinse off at least twice a week!like i said im crazy!lol..i guess anyone that loves there car will take care of it but us lexus owners take extra care of our cars because we are proud!thats why were on here right now looking at posts and typing back in fourth!

im a poor poor college student..my car doesnt get the love he deserves...but he will one day...

i buy all this stuff to make him all purdy, and i wash him at LEAST once a week....i keep the inside clean (minus the trunk because i basically live in my car)......if anything goes wrong with the car i want it fixed right away and worry over it.....i park in spaces FAR away just so no one dings my car..... i wipe the windows all the time cuz people use the WINDOW to close the doors (not good for the window/track and makes smudges)....but when i got eze, he had serious issues and im slowly fixing it all up.. someone tore up the console siding (vinyl stuff) and used those black plastic paper clip things to put it back so that needs to be fixed. the trees are constantly dropping tree crap on my car since my parents use the garage for JUNK..... i am moving soon and ill be damned if my car sits outside any longer, my boyfriend can put his jeep outside and eze can live in the garage..... i mean....jeeps are outside types of vehicles (until i get mine..then we are adding onto the garage)....i love my car almost more than anything else.... my first car is gonna get lots and lots of loving....and i don't care what people think (my parents keep yelling about the car not being perfect and having to deal with it.. WHAT CRAP!) my car will be the coolest car out there and it will be all my hard work.....lets just hope he stays in one piece and no one hits him

I am on my 5th ES300. I lease my cars. I started in 1993 with an Emerald green; loved the color that got the same color in 1995; 1998 was Oyster Pearl (my favorite); 2001 was Mineral opalescence; 2003 Silver.

I have always pampered my cars and have dirty shirt tails to prove it.

I have stayed with the ES300 as I need and like front wheel drive. I test drove for a few days the IS300--fun but too small and the GS300--very nice but a bit harder ride than I prefer. I want the SC400 convertible but alas where would I put the grandkids--hey maybe that's the point, I don't.

LOL always enjoy reading what you all have to say and have picked up some useful info in my very short time on this site.

Regards to all,

Mike

damn, i feel bad now for not taking care of my car... my car's always dirty, which i can't help cuz i live in la, and ya'll know about the la smog we got here... i wash it when i have time, which is rarely... itz kinda hard to wash cars when itz dark outside :P but i keep the inside clean, and when i wash, i make sure it shines, so that i can totally use my car as a mirror B)

Hey Chillaxin,

Don't feel bad, i live right below you in Orange County, and this weather we've had lately, my poor car has dirt all over it. Also, the neighbors got a new pool put in so dirt and crap is still all in the streets and that doesn't help keep my car clean. I do try to keep the inside nice though! and i have polished my chrome rims a couple of times since ive had the car, all i have to say is *Bling-Bling* :lol: *Hugs to my auto*

Brian

LOL @ ProZac "bling bling" :lol:

Yeah, definitely hard to keep the ride clean in L.A.

That freak rainstorm last week really irked me - I had just washed my baby 2 days prior - grrr!!!

For those who take their cars to a carwash, are you guilty of watching it through the glass windows through every phase like me and beaming with pride? sniff...sniff..."I'm so proud...." LOL

For those who take their cars to a carwash, are you guilty of watching it through the glass windows through every phase like me and beaming with pride? sniff...sniff..."I'm so proud...." LOL

Yes, that's me. hehehe

you actually get out of your cars at the car wash.

Wow, we sit in them and do the Alley McBeal thing.

No, kidding. I can't take mine into drive through carwashes with the Enkeis. So I take it to my detailer and go shopping for 4 hours. He is right next to the plaza.

When I come back, I get to hear him and his staff all praising my baby. and it is all smiles for me. :P

steviej