Check Something Out For Me?

i love the newer gs style in comparison to the es's.... as for navigation......it would be useful i suppose in traffic..but where i live, if you're on the highway, it's better to stay on it than travel the side roads, cuz none of them head back to the house....they run to the highway parallel to the one you'd be on... just adds time....not to mention all the construction on the highways here, it would say go left when i gotta go right....

i have the teletype gps system on a laptop, just throw the gps antenna on the roof and plug it into the usb port and you're good to go....

i will try and find the asia pic i was shown

on www.toyotanation.com

i thought the new seats actually used the hvac system air

as MB uses fans that only circualte but not heat or cool

so they wanted to trump them and have cooling (a/c) ones

Neil, You're one of the first to tell me that too LOL. All the reviews say the LS430 is way too tall and too bubby, too rounded in the front, My Dad kept his 98 LS partially because he didn't like the look of the 430. The redesign looks great though. The current 430 isn't a bad looking car, but there are far better looking luxury sedans out there.

Prozac/others, I like the look of the GS too, very good looking. I seriously considered getting a GS300 instead of the ES because they leased about the same, but I just preferred the luxurious ride of the ES to the somewhat sporty GS. It is due for a complete redesign in 2005. Can't come fast enough, because GS sales are becoming pathetic.

As to the ES300's power, its never going to have the kind of power that the other cars have, because Lexus doesn't see it as that type of car. Even the ES330 is only going to have at most 230hp. The new Maxima has 265 so that means the new Infiniti I30 will have at least that. The new Acura TL should have around that as well, and forget about the Type S. Lexus has two offerings in this field, the IS and the ES. And they have no intention of making the ES sporty at all, or making the IS luxurious at all.

Piggy, See thats just the thing, traffic around here stops. You've got to get off the highway onto those paralell roads to get where you're going, otherwise you'll just sit there. I used to do it just by intuition and knowledge of the area, but now the GPS does all that and I just drive. It says "Left turn ahead, blah blah road" and I turn.

H8R, Actually you could get an aftermarket GPS system installed for not much more than $2,000 max. They have retractable screens. You wouldn't be able to put a Lexus system in that car.

yeh, RTP here is a !Removed! when it comes to rush hour traffic....i just dont have the money for a car that has such options...and i went looking for newer versions of the ES and i hate money.......why can't stuff be free ;)

blake, the system is pretty cool, we used it in Europe when we rented a car...it needs at least 4 sattilites to run (it really can run on just 2..but it doesnt like to) and you can adjust when it says TURN LEFT TURN RIGHT, etc..... we ordered it online. the only complaint i have is that the antenna is magnetic, so in windy situations (Autobahn) it would be moved farther back and i was worried that it would be ripped off... it doesnt like rain and sometimes it randomly stops working (really big pain when u are in another country out in the boonies at night when there is a thunderstorm on top of you). don't close the window on it or you'll snap the cable. i would vote for built in, but thats expensive.

i havent been in a car that has built in navigation, if i ever get a ride in one, im sure ill want it....

Not without a LOT of custom fab work because nav was never availiable for that generation ES. The stock system is really hard and expensive to retrofit into a car, even something like an LS that has the nav system as an option. Lots of wiring and electronics work to do.

They make aftermarket systems like aftermarket stereo head units. It replaces the current radio face with a screen, or sometimes they have a pop out, flip up screen.