Can I Change From Stock Radio To Navi?

I bought the car with reg' radio and no Nav.

Does anyone know if I can change the head unit to Navigation?

I hope I don't have to trade a new IS350 for a different one.

Made a mistake and now I am paying for it.

Anyone?! help.

Anyone?! help.

I would say it would be extremely expensive if not impossible to do. NAV usually comes with ML audio unless special order, so you would have to change the entire centre dash, plus harness if not installed and sat antenna! Definitely worth the extra to have full NAV and ML,...good luck.

It probably would be cheaper and easier to trade. With the IS in Demand like it is, you've probably lost $3k or so in value in your IS depending on how long you've had it.

I'd try and sell it myself and see what I could get for it.

• 1 year later...

I did the same thing partly because I prefer the Pioneer AVIC integrated navigation controls.

Just waiting on a double din dash kit and then it's plug and play AM/FM/XM bluetooth and DVD w/NAV (with 30 GB hard drive and yearly updates) for much cheaper than the OEM Lexus system.

--

Ronnie

i regret not purchasing nav myself...and a camera for reverse would've come in handy.

i asked the sales guy a few weeks after if i could get it done thru the dealer, and he told me no. so looks like u and me are stuck.

i ended up buying a tomtom with bluetooth capabilities.

Anyone?! help.

Yes, Check your messages. I have a nav fully updated with new map for you.

I had the same question and did a little search in this forum and found this...

http://my.is/forums/f87/got-headunit-my-2i...o-added-317250/

It's very clean IMO, but it's also too low. I am lucky, since I am still the in research stage and haven't purchase the car yet. And from what I've found so far, I would get the IS350+NV+LL. The question is, how difficult would it be to hack the system for full feature while the car is in motion. The search button has been a good friend so far. :)

It's very clean IMO, but it's also too low. I am lucky, since I am still the in research stage and haven't purchase the car yet. And from what I've found so far, I would get the IS350+NV+LL. The question is, how difficult would it be to hack the system for full feature while the car is in motion. The search button has been a good friend so far. :)

I have a IS350 nav, Comes with the 6 disc cd changer and the rear view camera, A bundled package if anyone is interested pm me. TIA :cheers:

I have a IS350 nav, Comes with the 6 disc cd changer and the rear view camera, A bundled package if anyone is interested pm me. TIA :cheers:

Hickup :whistles: