Remote Key Program

rynosnumber

I checked the archives for help programming a remote key for my 2000 RX300 but the instructions wouldn't display. Can anyone help me with programming instructions. Thanks.

I have the key programming file. I see you are just joining this site to get info, Well I would like to see some sort of positive contribution before I just give out info to just anyone. It is kind of like being taken advantage of. CONTRIBUTE :D

Welcome to the club :cheers:

I checked the archives for help programming a remote key for my 2000 RX300 but the instructions wouldn't display. Can anyone help me with programming instructions. Thanks.

I have the key programming file. I see you are just joining this site to get info, Well I would like to see some sort of positive contribution before I just give out info to just anyone. It is kind of like being taken advantage of. CONTRIBUTE :D

Wow, you guys are tougher than my friends on the Mercedes list! This is my first Lexus and I have owned it five days. Let's seeee...what can I contribute? It's a 2000 RX 300. I like it better than the ML I sold and my wife would REALLY like me to get her key programmed (the nearest dealer is 150 miles).

• 4 years later...

Contribute my assss. What type of reply is that? Real helpful. Are you a !Removed! or just an assh*le?

A locksmith can only do the minor programming. Meaning, if you have a master remote, they can program a new remote for you at a non-Lexus price. If you only have the spare gray key, you will have to bend over at the dealer. 2003 and older will have to have the ECU removed and re-flashed for an outlandish price of $212, not including the cost of the remote key. Key at Lexus is $183 or $69 on eBay. Good luck!

Contribute my assss. What type of reply is that? Real helpful. Are you a !Removed! or just an assh*le?

A locksmith can only do the minor programming. Meaning, if you have a master remote, they can program a new remote for you at a non-Lexus price. If you only have the spare gray key, you will have to bend over at the dealer. 2003 and older will have to have the ECU removed and re-flashed for an outlandish price of $212, not including the cost of the remote key. Key at Lexus is $183 or $69 on eBay. Good luck!

Cool! You dug up a four year old thread where dcfish joked around and used that as a basis for your first post? Welcome to the Club!

Actually, you don't need a locksmith to program a new master key on most (all?) "newer" Lexus cars -- not sure what the first model year was where programming didn't require replacing a electronic chip. I don't have the instructions at hand but they can likely be found by searching this forum. It kind of a funny procedure to program a key ... requires all sorts of odd actions ... a little like rubbing your tummy and patting your head at the same time.

Well here is a posting from CL site for reprogramming, and yes your contributions in the future are all That I want to see, we try to help everyone...Good luck

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-first-generation/72242-successful-key-transponder-programming.html