Lexus Now Recommends Synthetic Oil It Seems

mburnickas

Toyota (at least Canada) now recommends synthetic oil…. I am shocked since Toyota is behind the times with oil.

Somelinks. I do not buy there “special” oil. I wonder who they buy this from. Mobil???

http://www.toyota.com.my/index.asp?fuseact...article&aid=439

http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WW...o800012e%2ehtml

Toyota (at least Canada) now recommends synthetic oil…. I am shocked since Toyota is behind the times with oil.

Somelinks. I do not buy there “special” oil. I wonder who they buy this from. Mobil???

http://www.toyota.com.my/index.asp?fuseact...article&aid=439

http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WW...o800012e%2ehtml

Better late than never I guess. :whistles: :lol:

And 5w40 synthetic for the Malaysian market......interesting. B)

:cheers:

I can't wait to read what monarch will have to say. :whistles:

Toyota has said nothing new that contradicts what it has said in the past. Examples:

1) Toyota still recommends owners use Genuine Toyota Motor oil, whether natural or synthetic.

2) Toyota still does not recommend extending oil changes when using synthetic oil

3) Toyota still does not recommend the use of oil additives.

I can't wait to read what monarch will have to say.:whistles:

Toyota has said nothing new that contradicts what it has said in the past. Examples:

1) Toyota still recommends owners use Genuine Toyota Motor oil, whether natural or synthetic.

2) Toyota still does not recommend extending oil changes when using synthetic oil

1) They state “Synthetic oil is an advanced type of engine oil that offers greater protection and reduces internal friction significantly.” I guess you missed that part. Did you read this part (nothing new here; about 20 years behind the times) “Synthetic oil performs and protects your engine better in both hot and cold temperatures. It reduces friction, thus increasing horsepower and decreasing fuel consumption”.

2) There recommendations on oil drains as they posted on their corp site is LAUGABLE at best. Talk are behind the times. Unreal. They can’t recommend since it is too complex for most to understand. It is opening up a can of worms. To me, based on testing, people are clowns for doing low drains. But ha, I only tests my oil. Most still think oil color means something to.

3) monarch, I wonder how you can state some much on about Lexus info (cut and paste here) when you do not even test your oil. I still never understood that. If you did test you oil and would see how bad it is. You really have no idea here based on you posts over 3 years on this forum. It is like people bad-mouth this and they when they do not understand or have tried it. Spend the $15 and see how good there oil is; or lack there of.

4) Where does it state oil adds here? This is a completely different area. I know there are some adds that work really well (and proven in testing; real world) but most people are too cheap to buy it (like synthetic oil) or they again do not understand it. I know my adds add over 1 MPG in my ES and almost 1 in my wifes car. Nevermind cleaning the ring packs, cleaning pistons, cleaning all other areas that see the buring process.

To close, they state there are advantages to it; which is great to see. Also they Lexus/Toyota do not make oil, they buy it from a oilhouse. I do like how they say it (synthetic) is better now. Yup, all the talk about Toyota note saying anything about it. I also wonder if it is a group 3 hydrocracked oil or a group 4. 100 to 1, it is a group 3 at a group 5 price.

I was suprised recenlty when I went through my receipts, came across the big 90k service one, and they used mobile 1 5w30 synthetic. This was the dealership that did this, and not by my request either. That was back in April of 2004, when I purchased the car.

I was suprised recenlty when I went through my receipts, came across the big 90k service one, and they used mobile 1 5w30 synthetic. This was the dealership that did this, and not by my request either. That was back in April of 2004, when I purchased the car.

Christ :censored: Another :censored: oil thread.

Just what these boards need, GEEEEEZZZZZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is not brand specific here. It is news from Toyota. Nothing more nothing less. It is more funny to see Toyota jumping on board.

I can't wait to read what monarch will have to say. :whistles:

Lol, I didn't want to be the one to say it! :whistles: :lol:

it is not brand specific here. It is news from Toyota. Nothing more nothing less. It is more funny to see Toyota jumping on board.

Exactly! B)

So, I guess you are cool with synthetic oil in your Lexus as long as it is Geunine Toyota Synthetic Motor Oil. Funny, I haven't seen that bottle at my dealership yet. you got a photobucket on that one so I know what to look for?

Actually, it did cross my mind when I read it, but the original post was just an alertment. I don't think it was posted to incite and riot.

However, should it go that way, I will shut it down. It has come very very close already.

steviej

Actually, it did cross my mind when I read it, but the original post was just an alertment. I don't think it was posted to incite and riot.

However, should it go that way, I will shut it down. It has come very very close already.

steviej

I agree with SK but for me personally, since I can’t speak for others, I posted it just to state something new on Toyota's part or them being behind the 8-ball by light years here (nothing new); but them coming online somewhat. Then someone posted (cut/paste) info on what a certain manufacture recommendations without going or doing anything further to verify that this nothing more just a PR statement. IS this what they have experienced or just basically forwarded what some else stated and nothing to support this?

Maybe he is right IF he had some real-world data to support his cutting and pasting, maybe. I only have something (oil testing, understanding of basestocks, adds, etc) or better knowledge through empirical data. It is not a black and white answers but as least gives people an idea on the how, whats etc. There is no useless “club” pictures from 1987, no pictures of dashes boards, no screen captures from other old-school cars, nothing. It is called what I have learned throughout my years, only 13 of doing my own oil testing (on my equip) and learning on using various fluids. Unless this info he cut/pastes form Lexus or Toyota is what he has encountered, this person really has no awareness of the subject at hand. I can say this based on observations here and other forums. It is very comical [in general] that people [in general] that stick their noises in this really have no idea on oils or even test their fluids (notice I did not say oil). You are lucky if a dozen people here even test oils but you have many commenting on what they think .

Is it a personal attack, no & very far from it. It is calling them to the plate (time and time again; I think 3+ years here) in a professional manner. I have given this member plenty of opportunities to PM me on ANYTHING on fluids, but never has even contacted me. It is funny how I am not the first to call this member out (on other sites; non lexus too) on oil issues (or using OEM toyota parts) when the others have much more background then cutting and pasting here…

Even Honda now states 10,000 on dino in their manuals and we have members here whining about 7,500 miles or think my 12,000 miles is nuts on a group 4/5 oil. Time to step-up to the 2006 level here people. Intelligent extended oil drains using a real synthetic are not for the cheap and un-educated.

I do think it is highly amusing that any oil thread (even NON-brand specific) gets certain individuals all worked up. If you do not like the thread at hand, move along. If you want to post something, at least post something the user (you) have achieved or experienced not thinks or a cut/pastes from a manual here. If I want cut/paste I will talk to a salesperson or service person that knows nothing and gets the same output.

Again the poster on this thread, me, was to be an informative thread or FYI if nothing more. If you want to close it due to select member(s) that is fine with me; could careless either way. I will not be upset or are upset now as I type this! :D Just wonder at times….

sometimes Mike, it is just better to let things go.

I'd say if it has been 3+ years and you have gotten no responce, then it is time to move on and stop trying to elicit one.

steviej

I agree and the lack of certain actions show just that...

• 2 weeks later...

Here at JM Lexus we use Coastal 5w30 synthetic blend. Just change your oil every 5000 miles and there will be no problem.

For some this info is great; but, I will take a real synthetic oil (group 4 or 5), extend my current drains of about 12,000 miles and continue to test my oil to see what is the correct oil intervals via oil condition and wear numbers.

Caster oil sucks at everything. Dino kicks caster's !Removed!.

I'm transposing an article... I'll post it in a bit.

Per my previous post in this thread: This is now turning into another beat to death oil thread.:chairshot:

Just what these boards need :censored:

Monarch where are you ??? ( I understand now ) Thanx Monarch ;)

Before synthetics came along , regular oil clogged and gummed up everything on 2 stroke bikes. Castor was the only way to go.

Per my previous post in this thread: This is now turning into another beat to death oil thread.:chairshot:

Monarch where are you ???

I hate oil. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Monarch where are you ???

I hate oil. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Blah :lol: Blah :lol: Blah :lol: I should start another thread on oil, Discussing the before (new) and after (drained) properties. What do you think ?