Well Guys, Im Taking The Plunge! *an Loc Wedding*

ArmyofOne

Well guys, i am getting married. May 12th at the justice of the peace in watertown NY. We have known each other long enough, i dont want any lectures. if you cant congratulate, dont hate.

Her name is meghan, and shes 22 years old, absoultely the best woman in the world. rest assured all of LOC is invited, and there will be PIX.

yesterday, as a wedding gift, i bought her a 2005 toyota matrix (see my "back int he toyota family" thread), and we are starting our lives. Wish us luck, the road wont be easy with my deployment coming in august. But we are both prepared for it, and we are both willing and ready.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make a blog and post all your details and pics there.

Well i would, but i thought LOC would like to know, some people may have been offended if i didnt tell them, so i covered my bases, you dont liek it, you can live with it, or not, i dont really care.

and FYI, i do have a blog.

Why would you think the "LOC would like to know?

You have friends here and they might like to know but the LOC as a whole being that interested in the particulars of your life ..................

If you have a blog then all your friends "LOC" and otherwise will be checking it for the updates on your day to day interests and changes ,know what i mean?

If your friends do not know you have a blog then replace the oversized shopping list of a Sig you have with a link to your blog .There you can list your particulars of your life car ,wife and anything else that is important to you that your friends may be interested in.

Why would you think the "LOC would like to know?

You have friends here and they might like to know but the LOC as a whole being that interested in the particulars of your life ..................

If you have a blog then all your friends "LOC" and otherwise will be checking it for the updates on your day to day interests and changes ,know what i mean?

If your friends do not know you have a blog then replace the oversized shopping list of a Sig you have with a link to your blog .There you can list your particulars of your life car ,wife and anything else that is important to you that your friends may be interested in.

You know, i dont think i like where this is going. this is the general discussions forum...there isnt a limitation or a rule on what i can post here as long as its clean, i dont know what your issue is, but this is very uncalled for, im posting in the GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM. if i posted this in the LS or ES forum, i could see you taking this stance, but i really am starting to wonder about you and your tendancies to act like an *BLEEP*.

This is the most important event of my life, the least you could do is show a little respect. But maybe, just maybe LOC doesnt give a rats !Removed!. you knwo what, if they dont like it, they dont have to read it, plain and simple. its not "cluttering up the boards" as its in the GD forum. im sure i am not the only one here who feels this way. <_< . This si a very important time, just like if i had a child, you can bet i woudl announce the birth here. It would be disrespectful not to. you dont liek it, im sorry, but im really not. You seem to have had a problem with me since day one, so if you dont like me or my "shopping list" (its not a shopping list, it is all there and Brandon and Blake can both confirm it), then PM me about it instead of being a *BLEEP* and calling me out over the forums publicly, like i am about to do to you. I have "gotten along with you" because i like this place, and you are the ONLY one who evber has any complaints about anything i have ever posted. so until i hear otherwise from another mod or admin, i will assume you are biased, or just hate me, and i dont really care. your opinion has very little bearing on anything i will do or say, and i cant honestly say that you have any more respect from me than i get from you.

Case closed.

Hey i have an idea .

Let's all start threads that are absolutely pointless in any way to a "Lexus" community or a car community................

After all it is a "General Discussion Section" so that means post anything for whatever reason ,right?

You want to talk about your Ford ,sure

You have a problem and want advice ,maybe.

But the continuous posting of thread after thread of you having no internet , you having seen another car get into an accident and the other numerous waste of space threads are truly numbing.

Just answer one question then, if you have a Blog why are you not posting there why here????????? Is that not the reason for having one?

Do you just want to hear someone type congratulations or its OK all the time to you , does that make you feel better about life?

Wonder all you like about my tendencies.

You may think no one complains because you do not hear about it directly but don't think others find it utterly useless to the "community" to be barraged with useless facts of your being on a daily basis.

For example from previous Pm's i have received

"Apparently the words 'management gold' don't carry much weight . LOL Please stop me from starting a poll on the relevance and quality of his posts, with the header, "lotta ppl complain". thanks again for the great forum,"

or this one

Does he actually drive a Lexus or really own one?

Is there any restrictions for members, age or ownership?

I for one like to exchange Ideas and comments about the Lexus cars we own or owned.

"Not to converse with a child younger than my Daughter. whose opinions are mostly worthless.

Seems He like to hear himself...

What's your take on this?"

Hope this clarifies things for you.

If you don't like it, don't post in the thread... It's in compliance of forum rules, along with the guideline of this forum.

General Discussions

members can post anything not even related to Lexus.

This thread is sooooo hijacked. What a complete waste.

I mean honestly how rediculous can some people be? Making fun of his fiancee's new Matrix - that would just be "prick'ish", but taking any opportunity given just to make him - that's just being an !Removed!.

Really, I mean what a way to do that??? Could ya *possibly* pick any better time to just *really* go to far? "Hey guys, #2 best day (Next to children) of my life is coming up let's all celibrate it".

Congratulations Josh.

Hey i have an idea .

Let's all start threads that are absolutely pointless in any way to a "Lexus" community or a car community................

After all it is a "General Discussion Section" so that means post anything for whatever reason ,right?

You want to talk about your Ford ,sure

You have a problem and want advice ,maybe.

But the continuous posting of thread after thread of you having no internet , you having seen another car get into an accident and the other numerous waste of space threads are truly numbing.

Just answer one question then, if you have a Blog why are you not posting there why here????????? Is that not the reason for having one?

Do you just want to hear someone type congratulations or its OK all the time to you , does that make you feel better about life?

Wonder all you like about my tendencies.

You may think no one complains because you do not hear about it directly but don't think others find it utterly useless to the "community" to be barraged with useless facts of your being on a daily basis.

For example from previous Pm's i have received

"Apparently the words 'management gold' don't carry much weight . LOL Please stop me from starting a poll on the relevance and quality of his posts, with the header, "lotta ppl complain". thanks again for the great forum,"

or this one

Does he actually drive a Lexus or really own one?

Is there any restrictions for members, age or ownership?

I for one like to exchange Ideas and comments about the Lexus cars we own or owned.

"Not to converse with a child younger than my Daughter. whose opinions are mostly worthless.

Seems He like to hear himself...

What's your take on this?"

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Ok well let me clarify some things for you...heres the titles of the PM's i have gotten:

"are you a mod?"

"is everybody Like SK?"

"Wish i could do something about the way im treated here"

the list goes on and on. so just cut the bull*BLEEP* and tell me you dont want me here anymore. fine with me, ill will start a poll, and you will be the only one (well, maybe one other ic an think of) voting me off the island.

think about what you say before you say it and we will have no problems here.

And FWIW, my fiancee is thouroghly disgusted at your attitude.

I couldnt agree with her more. good day sir.

SK.."You are Really showing are your !Removed!" Josh is the most "caring" of all our members and you cannot only spell, you cannot interpolate as all your posts are about "me", how about "us" you self centerd buffoon, I think that's Brittish :wacko: Hard to figure you out!! As we Americans say, Cool your Jets..In Britt it means you owe an apology to Josh and wish him well. These are "General Discussions". General means "whatever" we want to discuss. Are you changing the rules?

Probably won't see an apology to Josh...But I'll be watching, Thanks guys, it's been fun. Good luck Steve, You're okay in my book, and you have my permission to "scratch" this reply, as well as my post, too!! Damn, Hurricane Rita has left us all here a little sensitive but a little more caring...

First who said anything about there being a rule that army broke?

If there was he would have been warned and suspended with the thread deleted.

Army is not being warned as it has nothing to do with the "LOC" and him . It is an issue i am asking that with the rest of Army's posts he keep to his friends.

RF your welcome to your opinion as am i but i never called anyone any names so what is with the

"You are Really showing are your !Removed!"

and

"you self centerd buffoon".

If i was actually self centered and so involved in myself then what do my posts consist of? 90% of all my posts are to help troubleshoot a problem and answer a question . How many threads have i started ? The answer is not very much as i have more to bring to the table than i am here to reap from others.

I also never said anything about army's wife or car where the hell did anyone read that ?The closest reference i made was to update those facts on his blog. you guys need to read more carefully what is written not what you thought was .

And your right RF you would not see an apology from me as i have nothing " I " would apologize for. I know what i said and stand by it.

I wish you the best in your marriage as i do not have a problem with you (your fiance or her car,where ever that came from )just the never ending array of pointless threads that you make.

Well Josh, let's hope the honeymoon goes better than the announcement "please don't post pictures of that!" Let me guess where you've registered for gifts....PepBoys, Autozone and Sears? Hahahaha. As a man about to do the same at the end of April, I've tried everything I know to get a new torque wrench out of the deal, with no luck. At last count, I think we're up to 60 dinner plate, fine china and whatnot. What in the hell does a person do with 60 plates? Hmmmmmm.....one idea comes to mind.....SKEET SHOOTING! Like hell if any of that crap is going to find it's way into my tool shop for storage! And like hell if I'm going to take down my Girls of Pneumatic Love calender either! Anyway....

Josh, I want to ask you to do just one thing before you get married. This is something that I've learned along the road myself. As you know, I'm a bit older than you "32 years old", I've never been married, didn't wreck my credit in my 20's, no kids and no, um...well let's just say, it's never burned and I've never needed penacilion "sp?". Cameron and I have been together now for 2 1/2 years. We work together, and we're constantly around eachother, all day, everyday. We get along great, never had a real fight. We are now going through our marriage counseling with the Preacher who will be doing the ceremony for us, he requires 3 sessions. I must say, it has been wonderful! I highly recommend you and Meghan do the same. This is where you guys can voice your concerns about your future together, and get the right kind of feedback and guidance. Trust me Josh, if you don't talk about "that concern you KNOW you have" in the back of your mind, it will jump up and bite you later. So, go find your base chaplin and schedule an appointment for you guys to spend an hour or two just talking about the future. I know you're getting married by the justice, but marriage is not only the binding of two under law, it's the binding of two under God, and therefore I think it wise to talk to a man of God, in an open and honest manner. I'm not saying ANY of this to try and sway you away from getting married, believe me I'm not. I'm just passing along what I've learned along the way myself that has been very helpful for me. If I recall, it was just a few months ago that you were nervous about heading out into the world and starting your own life? Well marriage is probably the biggest step in a person's life to take, so take it in an educated manner. Your Chaplin knows how to guide you both, even if you don't believe in God, he knows.. I only say this Josh because I want to make sure that you've irritated, annoyed, p*ssed off, and frustrated Meghan at one point or another already, and she's still there, standing by your side. I want to make sure that she had done the same to you, and you're still there, standing by her side too. Because these things will happen in your relationship. Ask anyone who is married, or has been married before. Once the "glow" of love becomes routine, it comes down to two people sharing one goal and one ending. Case in point: I'm a pretty cool headed dude, I think. Cameron and I are best friends. Yet one thing that concerns me about getting married is what my career will do to her sense of "home". She's grown up in a small, Carolina town her whole life. Her roots are deep. Her family's roots in that town run back to 1783. Me? I grew up in the back of a North American Van Lines truck. I have no real roots. I want roots, but I also want a sucessful career too, so we can both enjoy the financial benefits, and our kids "someday" will too. That is going to require a few big moves along the way. She's going to have to leave her family behind, leave her comfort zone she's known for 26 years, and venture out into the "traffic" of my life. This is what we've talked about with the Preacher, and I must say, the Preacher really made it all better. YOU & Meghan will be facing this exact same thing, and soon! You're a military MAN now.

Either way my friend, CONGRATS ON THE BIG NEWS!! :cheers:

Don't fret about SK, we'll send Celion Dion BACK to his neck of woods to deal with him! SK, why man, why?? Can't we have Shania Twain and you guys keep that minivan opera singin' troll?

I'm just playin' ;) As the dude who's been known to throw up a few "get Osama's Momma" threads here and there, I really have no grounds to talk about "off-topic" threads.... But...OJ did it! Osama's a dead man, and I hope we kick the snot out of Iran. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: you'll never take me alive :P

PS: Josh, does she laugh when you !Removed!? That's a big test man, you gotta lay down the law and let a few out on purpose!

PS: Josh, does she laugh when you !Removed!? That's a big test man, you gotta lay down the law and let a few out on purpose!

HAHAHA yes she does, as a matter of fact, shes been known to crack a few off every now and then herself. :P

I will take your suggestion into consideration NC.

I'm not a religious person at all, in fact I hate religion, but nc's right. Being married is TOTALLY different than being in a boyfriend/girlfriend or fiancee relationship, even if you live together. I've lived with my fiance for 5 years and I really am in no hurry to get married, because I know what that difference can do. We're committed to each other and she's the beneficiary of my life insurance, and me hers, but she takes care of her stuff and I take care of mine and it works for us that way.

You'll be legally binded, your finances hers and her finances yours, responsible for her and she'll be responsible for you. It is different, and I've seen it destroy couples, even those that have been together for many, many years and live together etc. It might not be as easy to make decisions as a unit as you might think.

Its not something to be entered into lightly or on a whim.

HAHAHA yes she does, as a matter of fact, shes been known to crack a few off every now and then herself. :P

I will take your suggestion into consideration NC.

Ohhhh man, now that's a keeper! I have yet to get Cam to cut one, you know, it's that whole "southern belle" thing. Guess it's against rules...but when you marry a man who threw the rule book out 10,000 miles ago, well, let em' rip!

yeah man, you know i'm not trying to tell you what to do at all. :cheers: You my boy! Hey, my car still rides like new thanks to that hook up you gave me on those suspension parts! By the way, the parts that I replaced that didn't need it after all, well, they're back in LA being put on another's 95 LS400. One big ole' happy family. :cheers:

I'm just passing along a little thought to think about during the next few weeks that can really help you and Meghan out. Sometimes, and i know this personally, the throws of romance can sometimes cloud the realities of everything, and sometimes a 3rd party listener can point out some things that you should take into consideration. Not in the sense of "should we get married in general" but in the sense of "since we're married, how do we plan for US." It's a real shift in your life and it requires the understanding, maturity and sacrafice to make the shift of thought out of "what's the right move for me" into "what's the right move for us?" That's the tough part. I think of it as a stick, I'm on one end, she's on the other, and somehow to make it balance, we both must meet in the middle. That's where the Chaplin comes in. If you're affraid he's going to say "don't get married", then you're wrong. It's not their position to pass judgement, and they don't. I may be way off here, and I appologize if I am, I mean no harm, no foul. But I'm guessing maybe her parents and/or your parents have probably both given you guys some grief over this decision and the rushed wedding?? You've already had your tail chewed on here, and I bet others have probably said some things to you as well that you didn't like. I'm only saying this because in your first post, it sounded like you've already heard some negative stuff. The Chaplin won't do that. If you're in a storm of crap, the Chaplin can be your best friend.

You're a young guy, fresh out of the gate. You're kickin' !Removed! in life right now, calling the shots, and taking the lead. It feels gooooood doesn't it!!!? Well, don't let that fool you into thinking you're not wide open for failure. Now is the time to ask for advice. Getting "it" and keeping "it" are two different things. Almost everyone gets a crack at getting "it". Only the ones who ask for guidance every now and then from those ahead of you, are the ones who get to keep it. You guys both want "it", and therefore your LOC crew want "it" for you both. But we also want you..aka.."ya'll" to keep "it" too.

Anywho, enough of this Dr. Phil crap...

Where's the honeymoon? thongs, jumper-cables, nipple twisters, amp-converters "opps, that's mine" and of course, the blowtorch candles. Hey man, nothing turns on a woman like the 10,000 butes of blue flame of love! Oh, and of course, some sweet ole' Barry White "hey baby, give daddy some suga'".

Damn, I sure am lucky Cameron doesn't read this site! I'd be freakin' dead by sunrise!!

No comments from you Ralph....I can read your mind! :lol: ;)